Looking for other moms

Replies

• ec707
    ec707 Posts: 6 Member
    New mom here!! :) I had my baby Jan 28th and breastfeeding. I would love to be added to this string. I was hoping breastfeeding would help me lose my weight but I think I've lost maybe 10 pounds. I don't know how many calories I should be eating without it affecting my milk. I don't know if mfp takes breastfeeding into consideration when giving calorie count. But I read that a breastfeeding mom should not be having less than 1800 calories a day and that's on the lower side of recommended intake. What have other mommies done that worked?
    Thanks!
  • ashleyih
    ashleyih Posts: 76 Member
    I’m a mom of two! 8 and 10 yrs old :)
    Feel free to add me if you would like ♥️
  • Kierremarietustin
    Kierremarietustin Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I'm 28 and mom to an 8 month old baby boy and combi feeding formula and breastfeeding.. I need to lose around 70lb.. I am terrified to start the weight loss journey if I'm honest but I know I need to get healthy to be the best mom for my son.. I'm looking for friends to help motivate and support each other along the way
  • jujola11
    jujola11 Posts: 10 Member
    Just had my 2nd baby on March 23! I would like to lose about 25 lbs. Working on diet now since I'm only 3 weeks pp. I've done a little very gentle core work, but I can't wait to get back into some intense workouts! Also breastfeeding and am hoping to connect with some other newly postpartum moms! :)
  • MountainMamaK
    MountainMamaK Posts: 13 Member
    I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old! Y’all can add me! I’ve lost 54 pounds since November 🤗
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    My kid is 5years old but I'd like to drop 20lbs by my elopement wedding in August.
  • skinser
    skinser Posts: 1 Member
    Just had my third baby on March 14. Trying to get back on track after way too much junk eating! Life with three kiddos under the age of five is chaotic to say the least. Would love support from other mamas. ❤️
  • br1e
    br1e Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there, I have a 2 year old and a 8 month old who I am still breastfeeding. I'm keen to stop feeding him so beginning to cut calories to lose the last 7kg to get to pre baby weight. I used to eat so well but both my pregnancies have destroyed my self control.
  • MrsTitus2
    MrsTitus2 Posts: 61 Member
    You can add me <3
  • nvaughn7
    nvaughn7 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello!
    Mom of 2 as of May 31st looking to lose 80ish lbs! I'd love to support each other!
  • mizzelegant97
    mizzelegant97 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm a mom of one two year old, add me!
  • hlr1987
    hlr1987 Posts: 151 Member
    Hi, I've been breastfeeding my baby boy for the last 16 months, (my second) and I've not had a problem with reducing my calorie intake once he was on solid food as well(I didn't try earlier). If you want to keep feeding, just eat less gradually. Do you know about fennel tea, or non-alcoholic beer to boost supply? (obviously more calories in the beer!)
  • hlr1987
    hlr1987 Posts: 151 Member
    Oh, I should probably say that my deficit doesn't normally go below 1800 though (-500 ish). I figure the bf probably does add extra to the deficit so I dont stress if I need to add up to maintenence after a really horrible night, but I don't routinely eat that back as extra calories.
  • Roodlokje
    Roodlokje Posts: 25 Member
    Had my baby in august, still very much feel like a new mom. Feel free to add me for an active and supprotive friend.
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    i am not a new mommy but i do have a 4 year old daughter and an almost 3 yr old son (they are 17 months apart. we are part of the 2 under 2 crew lol) feel free to add me i need all the motivation i can get lol
  • melmoon90
    melmoon90 Posts: 31 Member
    Not a new mum but I am a mum of 3 between the ages 7-11 :)
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    I sent you a request. I have a 6, 4 and 11 month old. I started in Jan again and lost 45 so far. I still have 25 lbs to go. It's been tough recently so I need encouragement!
  • Lneeds85
    Lneeds85 Posts: 1 Member
    Mom of 5. Youngest 2 months old, is there a way to add breastfeeding as an activity or something so the app takes that into account when processing your goal for weight loss?
  • nbrady001
    nbrady001 Posts: 60 Member
    I am not new but I will share my weight loss experience. When I had my son the first month being home all I drank was V8 juice and ate apples. Maybe a piece of bread 5 times a day. Other than that I just sat on the couch and the weight just melted off. No problems with supply or anything just came off, 20 lbs after giving birth then another 20 the first month and a half back home. I went from 180 the day of labor to 140 a month and a half later. Now I am 132 and still losing much slower though 3 years later.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    If everything goes well, I'll be a new first-time mommy this time next year! :)
    Following for tips with breastfeeding. I'm not even sure if I am able to or not as this will be my first baby, but I am hoping to.
    Yes, I am already looking for ways to lose the weight I have not even gained yet. And looking for ways to gain the least amount of excess possible. Lmao!