What do you order for brunch ?

Ducks47
Ducks47 Posts: 131 Member
I’m going to brunch. Might try to be “healthy” and get an omelet or something or might get pancakes hahah. What do you guys order and why ? I don’t have a lot of brunch experience.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I usually get some type of larger combo type platter. The places I normally go to I have: eggs (I get scrambled), pancakes, bacon, sausage, latkes or home fries, fruit and toast. I usually get that if I don't have a big dinner that night. Otherwise I go for eggs benedict with peameal, hollandaise on the side, home fries and fruit if I have a big dinner later that night. I don't go for brunch often so I like to go all out, even when I am deep in a deficit.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited April 2019
    If you want to have fairly lowish calories but still enjoy your brunch, I might go with:

1. Eggs Benedict with hollandaise on the side (only use two tbsp, and take the sides home for another day)
    2. Two eggs with a side of crispy bacon
    3. Avocado toast, or something similar.

Ask for fruit instead of breakfast potatoes or toast, and have coffee instead of brunch cocktails.

HOWEVER. If you’re looking to have a fun brunch and you’re not paying attention to calories for this meal, go for something delicious like pancakes, chicken and waffles, biscuits and gravy, or a big ol’ omelette.

Either way, enjoy!

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    I typically get French toast if they have it because I do brunch like month a month and I’m going to enjoy it
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    I have been to a brunch exactly once in my life! This was pre-MFP and I ate everything. No regrets, but if I were to go now, I would stick with the poached salmon, steamed veggies, and fresh fruit.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Champagne or Bellinis!

Everything else is just secondary.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    My fav Brunch at my neighborhood spot - smoked salmon, avocado and greens

Or
    vegetable quiche

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I'd go full English breakfast seeing as you have 2 meals worth of calories to eat!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,544 Member
    Is it a buffet, or are you ordering? I like ordering steak and eggs... at any time :smiley:
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    2 eggs scrambled, ham, 1 slice whole wheat toast and black coffee. We go about twice a month for brunch.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I don't like breakfast foods in the morning much so it doesn't really matter what I order. Maybe some kind of eggs or fruit.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I get an egg white omelette with goat cheese, bacon, mushrooms and asparagus.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited April 2019
    depends where I am and what's on offer -
    • full english - but no nasty beans (and I'll have had a look at other plates to see if the sausages are any good)
    • salmon and avocado on toast (as long as the toast is some scrummy crusty bread)
    • omelette with a load of veggies in
    • shakshuka

not really a pancake fan - would rather go heavy on the protein and veg side. I treat it like a light supper.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    no lie id go full breakfast hashbrowns pancakes bacon eggs and toast. I LOVE breakfast foods and never eat breakfast lol. The few times i go out where they have full breakfasts thats what i get. I tend to be starving the rest of the day when i eat all my calories early though to i guess depends whats worth it to you.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    We hardly ever go out for brunch - Mrs Jruzer is a great cook and baker so we usually have nice weekend breakfasts at home. So when we do go out, I get something we won't have at home.

We just happened to go out for brunch last weekend and I got chicken and waffles with bourbon maple butter. It was d@mn good and I have no regrets.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    This kind of thing I want a bit of everything - eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, toast, pancake. Hopefully there'll be some sharing available!
  • Ducks47
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Is it a buffet, or are you ordering? I like ordering steak and eggs... at any time :smiley:

I got eggs Benedict with ham and asparagus. Figured I can’t make this for myself. Was delicious. I’ll have to try steak and eggs!

Thanks for all the input everyone. So many delicious meals
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    I'm going to Easter brunch next Sunday. I only go once a year and this is my first cheat day in three months. I'm going to have bacon, eggs benedict, some shrimp, potatoes, mini muffins, waffles, a Sees candy chocolate marshmallow egg and the best part: unlimited champagne. I haven't had any alcohol since January either. It's gonna be good, really good.
  • Ducks47
    Have an awesome brunch!!
    I'm going to Easter brunch next Sunday. I only go once a year and this is my first cheat day in three months. I'm going to have bacon, eggs benedict, some shrimp, potatoes, mini muffins, waffles, a Sees candy chocolate marshmallow egg and the best part: unlimited champagne. I haven't had any alcohol since January either. It's gonna be good, really good.

• 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Took my mom put for brunch on Saturday and I got the mushroom and brie eggs Benedict despite it being 1240 calories. 🤷‍♀️
  • Ducks47
    Do they list calories at the restaurant you visited? I’m curious. They didn’t at mine.
    33gail33 wrote: »
    Took my mom put for brunch on Saturday and I got the mushroom and brie eggs Benedict despite it being 1240 calories. 🤷‍♀️