LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Today’s Date: 4/11/19
    Today's Plan: OMAD
    Weight Goal for the Month: 162lb
    Today’s Weight: N/A
    Today’s Water Consumed: meh
    Today’s Exercise completed: nada
    Hours slept: About 7-8hrs
    Description/Photo of Meals: Ribeye w/ hot sauce, heavy cream whipped w/ blackberries monk fruit sweetener & vanilla extract
    Total calories: About 1500

Your thoughts/comments on the day: I was very close to breaking my fast early today. Coughing was making my head hurt and I have no idea what that has to do with breaking my fast, but there ya go :P lol
    Thankfully my 2yos gross poop incident quickly got rid of the thought of food. Yuck....
    The whipped cream dessert was ok. Not enough berries in it to give it any berry flavor. Boo. Did give it that great texture from the seeds though.
    I probably would've been more satisfied with a mug cake, but oh well. Can save that for another day :) Maybe next week when I'm doing maintenance I can make mug cakes. Lord knows those will give me plenty of calories.
    Anywho... hoping for another good night of sleep tonight!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    YAY!!! Sending you great sleep vibes! Glad you stuck it out!

PS - I'm the same way...the moment I'm cranky, I'm like "F IT!" and hafta catch myself and back-pedal LOL
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Sending over lots of quick healing vibes! <3 Hope that you are not coughing much any more. I had my share of the gross baby poops when my kids were babies...lol Good to hear that you managed to get some sleep :+1:
  • LiLee2018
    And once again sleep was terrible last night.
    No hubby so I'll just let my kids sleep with me. Yay! Yeah... yay for them!
    HOW can a 4yo and 6yo take up so much dang room? All night long I was pushing my 6yo off of me and worrying that the 4yo was going to roll off b/c he was moving so much.
    Plus I get a bit more paranoid when hubs isn't home b/c I'm afraid I won't wake up in time (my internal clock as always woken me up in time) and afraid that some psycho is going to break in.
    SIGH!
    Sleep has always been an issue for me. I'll get some good weeks where I'll sleep well, but most of the time, I struggle.
    I take melatonin to help me get to sleep, which does work extremely well for me, it's just staying asleep that's my problem.

ANYWHO!
    I finally got to weigh in this morning and!.......

Absolutely no weight loss. Actually UP from the lowest I've seen. The hell???
    Stupid frickin scale!
    I also took measurements and thankfully most of those are down from the last time I took them. But still.... the hell scale??!?!
    I am usually up a little in the mornings, but still... I had a feeling this would happen, or that I'd be up and here we are. Grrrr.
    Not sure what else I can do to get things going again. Still going to do a maintenance week and then.. I don't know. Try my best to get better sleep b/c I'm sure that hasn't been helping anything lately.
    Also next week, since my calories will be up, I'm going to work out harder. I've been doing nothing to bare minimum and I really need to do better with my fitness. Stop being lazy and start building up some muscle!
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited April 2019
    3 things :)

1. Rock on with your maintenence and working out week... Kudos to you bc I probs really need to do those like once a month at this point but I'm supa' lazy
    2. Yay for measurements! The scale it a fickle bit** so take it for what it is... You're Obv still making good progress <3
    3. Have you tried medical marijuana to help you sleep? I don't remember where you're at to know if it's legal there but it really helps and if you get the dosage right, you won't be so out that you'll miss if the babies wake up or anything... Feel free to dm me if you have questions...im a vet on the subject ;););)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    sorry for your sleep issues --that is tough
    Don't stress over the weigh in you will see the success soon!! keep doing what you are doing you will get there!!!
  • LiLee2018
    I'm unfortunately in the bible belt. South Carolina to be exact so not even medical MJ is legal here. 99% of the population here wants it legalized completely or even just for medical use, but oh no no.... It's a gateway drug! It's dangerous! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!! /eyeroll
    I don't know why the crooked politicians here are so against it since legalizing it would bring in a TON of money to line their pockets.
    But anywho.... no weed unfortunately. Not sure I would smoke it if legal anyway, although I'm sure it would help.
  • LiLee2018
    I think I'm going to have to break my fast early. Feeling.... off. Not hungry, but just... I dunno... off. Like I can feel myself getting sick? Or like a slight dizziness weird warm feeling. Could be from the lack of sleep, but I dunno, this feels different from exhaustion. After I pick up daughter, will break fast with a cup of bone broth and see how I feel after.
    17hrs and 30 or so minutes.... not a bad fasting time at least :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Yessssssss listen to your bodyyyyy!!! Also just FYI my preferred consumption of the mmj if it's for sleep is medibles... No smell for the babies and your liver converts the active stuff from thc delta 7 to thc delta 11 which helps the sleep and pain centers of your brain (I'm going off memory so I'm sorry if those delta numbers are off slightly lol)... Anyway the long and short of it is, if you can find some try it... PS the endorphins help make fasting much easier for me too :#
  • LiLee2018
    Today’s Date: 4/12/19
    Today's Plan: Was supposed to be no cal limit OMAD but ended up 18:6 basically
    Today’s Weight: 168.6
    Hours slept: /shrugs
    Description/Photo of Meals: coffee cup of chicken bone broth w/ bouillon, blackberry ice cream (LOTS OF IT), 3 strips of marinated pork belly air fried, leftover ribeye, 1 marinated chicken thigh
    Total calories: 2300-2500

Your thoughts/comments on the day: Eating earlier than usual helped with the off feeling I was having. And then I wanted to eat everything!! I ate like all of the ice cream I made.. even though it wasn't that good lol. I could've eaten A LOT more too, but stopped myself before I ended up at like 5k calories.
    Going to have another No limit calorie day tomorrow and then maybe a bone broth day on Sunday, MAYBE Monday too and then kick off maintenance on Tuesday until Saturday. I dunno. If I do end up doing that, I'll have to make more bone broth. Not a big deal.. just an extra trip to the store.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Weed is illegal in NH too :( I wouldn't smoke it either but I would eat it :)

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Eeew weed! People smoke that at the hotel in Austin and it ruins the air for everyone and we have to take the room out of commission to deep-clean it.

And what people don't know about medical marijuana is that even if protected on the federal level, it is still illegal on the state level in most places and adverse employment action can be taken against employment without recourse.

Try melatonin tablets for sleep. Some they make groggy, but others they help.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    [quote="Brendalea69;c-43585856"I wouldn't smoke it either but I would eat it :) [/quote]

lol, special brownies, perhaps? :-D I know I would!

• wsandy8512
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Today’s Date: 4/12/19
    Description/Photo of Meals: coffee cup of chicken bone broth w/ bouillon, blackberry ice cream (LOTS OF IT), 3 strips of marinated pork belly air fried, leftover ribeye, 1 marinated chicken thigh
    Total calories: 2300-2500

Your thoughts/comments on the day: Eating earlier than usual helped with the off feeling I was having. And then I wanted to eat everything!! I ate like all of the ice cream I made.. even though it wasn't that good lol. I could've eaten A LOT more too, but stopped myself before I ended up at like 5k calories.
    Going to have another No limit calorie day tomorrow and then maybe a bone broth day on Sunday, MAYBE Monday too and then kick off maintenance on Tuesday until Saturday. I dunno. If I do end up doing that, I'll have to make more bone broth. Not a big deal.. just an extra trip to the store.

So sorry you're still dealing with sleep deprivation. It's such a vicious damn thing, I hope we can conquer it at some point.

Your meals sounds awesome, do you deliver your homemade ice cream? :-)

• LiLee2018
    Feeling lazy today!
    Calories yesterday were around 2300 and I broke my fast at 20hrs. Not too bad.
    I think I may need to stop my No calorie limit Saturdays though. I'll keep it Friday so I can just go out to eat with family and not worry about it, but on Saturdays I think I'm going to have to tighten things back up.
    My body right now seems to be like "OMG she's eating again! HOLD ON TO IT ALL! Don't let any of the fat go!! Store it! STORE IT!!!!" lol
    I haven't been eating bad at all, but I have been eating A LOT those 2 days.

Might be a slight change this week. Bone broth as usual today, but I think I'm going to do it tomorrow too and possibly longer. SIGH I hate changing the plan b/c it makes me feel like I'm being wishy washy, but oh well. Plans change... not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.
    Still debating if I'm going to do OMAD bone broth or all day bone broth. Maybe today I'll do OMAD and tomorrow if I feel like I need to have some sooner, I will. Will still intermittent fast though.

Sleep has been better and at least it's Spring break so I can sleep in a little. BUT that means all 3 kids are home and... so much stress! lol The dang AC in our room is still not working so it's still been getting too warm for my comfort. There will be one moment in the room where it gets chilly, so after kicking off the blankets, I'll wake up cold and will put them back on, only to wake up once again to get them back off b/c it's hot again. Every single night.......

Woke up early this morning b/c it was hot in the room so I went to Walmart by myself and grabbed 6 packs of chicken feet (along with other things). Already started another batch of broth. I still have a decent amount left but I'll need more soon.

Aaaaand yep. That's about it. Weight was 169.8 this morning which is what prompted me to change my plan for this week. I really don't want to see a 170 weight again.
    Going to play it by ear and I'll save maintenance week for another time. Maybe next week. Next Friday (when Avengers comes out) is going to be a BIG cheat day for DH and I lol. That's going to be fun but also will suck on the scale. I balloon up with water weight as soon as I eat bad carbs and sugar. It comes back off eventually though so meh. Gotta live life right?

• LiLee2018
    Today’s Date: 4/14/19
    Today's Plan: IF 19/5 Bone broth
    Today’s Weight: 169.8
    Hours slept: 7?8?
    Description/Photo of Meals: Bone broth w/ added chicken bouillon, salt substitute, baking soda, epsom salt
    Total calories: about 300 or so

Your thoughts/comments on the day: So far I've had about 3.5 ups of bone broth today and will have another in another hour or so.
    Feeling good.
    Did have some foot cramps so made sure to add in the 'snake juice' ingredients to my broth.

My mood has been HORRIBLE the last few days. Just no fuse at all. Just cut right to losing my *kitten*.
    It's been MUCH better today. Much Much better. I don't know if it is a lack of electrolytes, but I'm going to make sure to try to get in enough each day. We have plenty of pickle juice saved up. I can easily chug down some.
  • wsandy8512
    So sorry you have not been having great days as far as moods go, but glad it was better for you today! Sounds like you have a nice and reasonable plan. I think changing things up is actually a good thing!

Um, what is snake juice? Lol
  • LiLee2018
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Um, what is snake juice? Lol

It's Potassium Chloride (salt substitute), baking soda, epsom salt, & pink salt in water created by the Snake Diet guy.
    Recommend NOT looking up his videos. He has the most annoying voice and his "thing" is to yell and curse and insult. I can deal with the crude language and whatnot, it's just his voice and the constant yelling. He has the most nasally annoying voice ever and he says some pretty stupid stuff too.
    The snake diet is an extreme extended fasting diet intended to lose weight as fast as possible by fasting for as long as you possibly can. And you make his "snake juice" for the electrolytes to drink during the day so you don't feel completely horribly doing it.
    He recommends to start a 2 day fast, refeed with a maximum of 500 calories of a keto type of diet, then do a 3 or more day fast. Just go for as long as you can fast.. weeks, months, whatever with minimal refeeds with minimal calories.

That's actually how I came to OMAD. I wanted to try it. I did a 2 day snake juice fast and was just not prepared for how mentally difficult it was. I remembered keto folks talking about OMAD and well.. here I am now lol. I would like to get to a point of doing 2 or so days of just water (or snake juice), but only for that long. Not sure how mentally strong I am to try for longer than that.

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Snake juice sounds yucky!!!

Hubby and I will be going to see Avengers next week too :) Lots of popcorn with extra butter will be eaten :p

• LiLee2018
    Snake juice sounds yucky!!!

Hubby and I will be going to see Avengers next week too :) Lots of popcorn with extra butter will be eaten :p

/Highfive! Heck yeah! lol
    We're dropping out daughter off, swinging by to get some breakfast biscuits, dropping boys off at their granny's house. Swinging back around and getting donuts. Seeing a 10:30 showing and having a big french fries, biscuits and fried chicken day lol. And of course popcorn with that fake butter stuff ALL over it. Hells yes! /nodnod
    I'm SO looking forward to it. Hell.. I'm good all this time. I've had planned "cheats" for special occasions, but have only cheated cheated once since starting
    I've never once regretted a planned cheat and I'm not going to regret this one either. Going to enjoy the hell out of it and make those however many pounds of water weight worth gaining rofl ;)

Anywho... the snake juice isn't that bad when it's cold. You're supposed to mix a certain amount in about 2 liters of water. I can't remember if it's the baking soda or the epsom salt that gives it this weirdly thick (like milk) consistency, but it's not really that bad. All of that stuff in bone broth isn't bad though. I don't notice it at all.