sept 10 - october 3

jessup_70
jessup_70 Posts: 13
edited November 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
Well update time ..
I joined the body for life program at my local gym. I started because i was over 300 lbs ...307 to be exact , at 37 % body fat .......yuck ...but kept with it religiosly , just cutting out junk foor entirely and eating 5 times a day small portions of course. and not eating after 7 pm. drank so much water on some days i felt like i was going to float away.

so 307 lbs september 10 ....today ..october 3 ...290 lbs ...17 lb weight loss.
going to the gym 5 times a week ..35 minutes of intense cardio ...intense for me is tread mill for 35 minutes and walking for 10 of those at 3.3 ..than uping it to 5.5 till i almost fall over ..lol than intervals of a minute after, 1 minute 3.3 - 1 minute 5.5 ,,alternating till cool down hits ..than walking through the cool down....seems to be working , next week i am adding weight traing . i new i would loose quickly by doing anything.....and now with some cardio i am able ro push a bit harder ....will update again at the end of october .....There is no choice ..............healthy life style is it ...michael

Replies

• Well update time ..
    I joined the body for life program at my local gym. I started because i was over 300 lbs ...307 to be exact , at 37 % body fat .......yuck ...but kept with it religiosly , just cutting out junk foor entirely and eating 5 times a day small portions of course. and not eating after 7 pm. drank so much water on some days i felt like i was going to float away.

so 307 lbs september 10 ....today ..october 3 ...290 lbs ...17 lb weight loss.
    going to the gym 5 times a week ..35 minutes of intense cardio ...intense for me is tread mill for 35 minutes and walking for 10 of those at 3.3 ..than uping it to 5.5 till i almost fall over ..lol than intervals of a minute after, 1 minute 3.3 - 1 minute 5.5 ,,alternating till cool down hits ..than walking through the cool down....seems to be working , next week i am adding weight traing . i new i would loose quickly by doing anything.....and now with some cardio i am able ro push a bit harder ....will update again at the end of october .....There is no choice ..............healthy life style is it ...michael
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Whoa!!

Go Michael!!

You are doing awesome!
    I try to stay on the treadmill longer than 20 minutes but my knees start to hurt but I can walk almost an hour outdoors... I don't get it.

Anywho... please keep us posted on your progress.

Keep it up!!

~Joanna
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    way to go michael! we all need encouragement. when i began following the menu on abcrunch.com i began to get great results from my workouts. it suggests you eat six small meals everyday and to drink at least 8 oz of water each time. there is a shopping list which i liked and you have a different menu plan for 5 different weeks. most people don't have that much variety in their diets. i have been on it for 90 days. now i am becoming interested in calorie shifting. tricking your body into keeping your metabolism on high throttle by changing the number of calories every few days. i am looking for a menu plan that does that. in the meantime cardio burns fat and tones and weight lifting builds muscle so even while at rest your body will burn fat.
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    WOW!!! That is AWESOME!!!! Way to go Michael!
  • tnkitty
    tnkitty Posts: 78 Member
    Grats!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    Dude!!! Great Work, Michael.

Keep it up. We love a success story!

~cmriverside
This discussion has been closed.