Stupid scale!!!

It's Monday... the day that I weigh in every week. I was so pumped up this morning. I have made awesome changes, went and bought all new groceries, haven't been mindlessly snacking and I was going to be down 2 lbs. I'm feeling good.

I lost 2 ounces. Not even half of a pound.

I am so disappointed and discouraged. That's all.

Have a great week!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    you still lost though :drinker:
  • __MamaBear__
    __MamaBear__ Posts: 22 Member
    Don't be discouraged.

I know that is easier said then done, but keep that head up. You will get to where you want to be in good time.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    My weekly weigh-in is on Fridays. Usually on Mondays my weight will be up a pound or two due to maybe eating out or not being quite as strict. Friday nights are my fun food nights...pizza or carryout from somewhere...so my sodium levels will be higher.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited April 2019
    The reason I weigh daily, illustrated below. Your mileage may vary, but it's something to consider.
    sh6fbosu8kld.jpg
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    as tavistock toad said it's still a loss. take it as a small win and move on up. don't dwell on the negatives.

i have finally found my mojo after who knows how long. have managed to avoid all temptations today, apart from a single mini egg which was almost forced down my throat. i hope it continues so will weigh in at the end of week and see how it went.

keep it up, you'll kill it :)
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I'm also a fan of weighing daily. It gets you comfortable with the daily fluctuation of weight loss. Only weighing once a week leaves you vulnerable to times like this, where water weight fluctuations may be masking a bigger loss. Daily weighing helps you overcome that. I have lots of times where I am higher on a specific day than I was the 7 days before, but I am continuing to trend downwards.

mnf6a5svqq6y.jpg