What’s everyone’s favourite healthy food?

Replies

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    My "Favorites" go through phases of whatever I'm craving.

I've been on a sugar snap pea kick lately. I can mow through a bunch of those. They're just so crunchy and delightful!

Also, popcorn. I found a brand that is 30cals per cup and tastes very good. So half a bag (around 4 cups) gives me a large satisfying snack at around 120 cals.

My other fave is shrimp and fish.

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited April 2019
    Pizza....yes it's healthy!!

Even if there is broccoli on it?

I believe it is pineapple that makes it unhealthy.

QFT.

I thought you two were my people :cry:
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

QFT.

I thought two were my people :cry:

I have also known the sting of betrayal. My favorite kpop star dislikes mint chocolate chip ice cream.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Over Easy Eggs cooked in grass-fed butter. Also love burnt brussel sprouts. o:)
  • pinuplove

QFT.

I have also known the sting of betrayal. My favorite kpop star dislikes mint chocolate chip ice cream.

That's horrible! Mint chip is awesome. He's obviously a monster.

As far as stereotypically healthy foods go (see, I'm getting back on topic!) I love a good stir fry. Easy way to get lots of yummy veggies in one bowl. And toasted sesame oil is amazing.
  • RelCanonical

QFT.

That's horrible! Mint chip is awesome. He's obviously a monster.

As far as stereotypically healthy foods go (see, I'm getting back on topic!) I love a good stir fry. Easy way to get lots of yummy veggies in one bowl. And toasted sesame oil is amazing.

My favorite stereotypically healthy food is still cheese, if we be going by the treeends of today.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    Steak! Good amount of fat, a lot of protein, great source of Iron, and tastes great
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I can't believe no one has mentioned peanut butter... by the spoonful, straight out of the jar...
  • pinuplove
    I can't believe no one has mentioned peanut butter... by the spoonful, straight out of the jar...

I'm such a failure :disappointed:
  • nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    Greek yogurt. Asparagus. Turkey anything.
  • RelCanonical

Call me a heathen but I need peanut butter mixed with something. Jelly, chocolate, somethin'. By itself I like the taste but I feel like I'm going to choke on it. It's hard to eat.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    erickirb wrote: »
    Steak! Good amount of fat, a lot of protein, great source of Iron, and tastes great

Doh. How'd I miss that one???
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Lately my favorite "healthy" food has been a spinach salad with chopped apples and a lemon pepper creme fraiche dressing. The creme fraiche is not exactly healthy, but a little goes a long way.
  • RelCanonical

Did anyone else come from a family that overcooked steak and it scarred you for life? I remember having to choke that stuff down with gobs of A1 sauce just to make it palatable.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member

I had calzones a couple of days ago (very close nutritional profile to pizza but with more carbs), and I was shocked by how nutritious they were. I rarely pay attention to single item nutrition, but I clicked on it by mistake and it turns out that meal gave me nearly two thirds of my nutrient needs for half my calorie budget for that day. I knew pizza was not devoid of nutrients, but I didn't know it was so diversly nutritious.

My favorite healthy food is potatoes because they taste good no matter what you do with them, and they're my go to when I want something filling. So diverse and delicious.
  • RelCanonical

I had calzones a couple of days ago (very close nutritional profile to pizza but with more carbs), and I was shocked by how nutritious they were. I rarely pay attention to single item nutrition, but I clicked on it by mistake and it turns out that meal gave me nearly two thirds of my nutrient needs for half my calorie budget for that day. I knew pizza was not devoid of nutrients, but I didn't know it was so diversly nutritious.

My favorite healthy food is potatoes because they taste good no matter what you do with them, and they're my go to when I want something filling. So diverse and delicious.

Pizza days are some of the easiest times I have meeting my protein goal.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2019

Did anyone else come from a family that overcooked steak and it scarred you for life? I remember having to choke that stuff down with gobs of A1 sauce just to make it palatable.

Yes, but then I got a smoker. ;) I don't think I could ever eat a steak off of barbecue grill ever again. My dad kills everything that he barbecues. Hot dogs are black, burgers are black and dry, steaks and chicken breast are leather. We try to take BBQ duty away from him and he won't let us.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member

Pizza days are some of the easiest times I have meeting my protein goal.

Yeah, and not just protein, it was over 100% of my daily needs for several vitamins and minerals and over 60% for several others.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,707 Member
    Sashimi along with a seaweed salad. I am lucky because I live walking distance from a sushi bar.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    berries, bananas, clementines, local apples in season, local tomatoes in season, avocados, corn on the cob in season, bacon, baked potatoes with greek yogurt or sour cream, burritos, tacos, pizza, milkshakes, baked ham, sauteed spinach, arugula, edamame, homemade beans, homemade bread, good bakery bread, chocolate, most cheese, roasted seaweed, ...

What was the question again?