So you want a nice stomach

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Who said there's anything wrong with cardio?
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,902 Member
    Thanks for the pointers. What is wrong with cardio?

Nothing, unless one is expecting a weight lifters body or excessive weight loss while eating too much from it. That's all I can guess you're referencing based on lots of posts I read here along the lines of "I do XXX amount of cardio per week and am not losing/not gaining muscle etc"...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Thanks for the pointers. What is wrong with cardio?

The only thing wrong with it is the misconception that cardio is necessary for weight loss.
  • lovefrenchies
    lovefrenchies Posts: 29 Member
    Bumping so I can link this thread to any pending "Lose Bellyfat?" threads. Also because it's the truth and I love it.

What is bumping?
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Fist bumping..I presume
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Bumping so I can link this thread to any pending "Lose Bellyfat?" threads. Also because it's the truth and I love it.

What is bumping?

Bumping means posting in the thread to "bump" it back up to the top of the boards so that more people will see it.
  • Amwa77
    Amwa77 Posts: 71 Member
    <3<3<3
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Always worth a bump.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Bumpity bump
  • SueSueDio
    Another month, another bump. :)
  • HM2206
    HM2206 Posts: 174 Member
    Does anyone have tips for good ab exercises that doesn't hurt/use your lower back?

I have a slight asymmetry in my back and my lower back always hurt when I try to do ab exercises.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    HM2206 wrote: »
    Does anyone have tips for good ab exercises that doesn't hurt/use your lower back?

I have a slight asymmetry in my back and my lower back always hurt when I try to do ab exercises.

You can try doing various types of planks. Also, you can try leg raises.

Ultimately, I would suggest working with a PT so you can find a routine that would work within your condition constraints.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Single arm weighted carries might be an option but consult with your PT for an OK.

I always direct people like you to Stuart McGill’s Big 3:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/392341-stuart-mcgills-big-three-back-exercises/
  • SueSueDio
    Must be time for a bump...
  • thatjodiegirl
    thatjodiegirl Posts: 95 Member
    And... another bump!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Way overdue for a bump!
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Looks like we need to bump. How long did it take for some of you to see your flat stomach? I'm 5 weeks in, trying to look forward to the next mini milestone of two months :)