What’s best excerise setting in Apple Watch for pram?

Ok, so I walk frequently with a pram and use an Apple Watch. Unfortunately I cannot track steps when moving with pram, it literally can’t recognise it.

Unless I do an excerise mode. And here’s my problem,

Which excerise setting is best? Is it outdoor walk or other? Outdoor walk gives me very little calories where as other gives a lot. I can’t do a walk alone without pram because the kids are attached to me all day, so gauging a closest I can get to accurate tracking is proving hard.

Take for example, half hour of walking using outdoor walk setting gives me 100 calories.
Half an hour using other excerise mode gives me 250 calories in half hour.

Anyone got experience with this?

TIA

Replies

• Hwlf84
    Hwlf84 Posts: 18 Member
    Am a bit puzzled because I walk with a buggy all the time and Apple Watch recognizes my steps...but yeah I’d have thought outdoor walk is the best measure of what you’re doing
  • bluesheeponahill
    bluesheeponahill Posts: 169 Member
    Hwlf84 wrote: »
    Am a bit puzzled because I walk with a buggy all the time and Apple Watch recognizes my steps...but yeah I’d have thought outdoor walk is the best measure of what you’re doing

It recognises half the steps compared to if I wasn’t walking with pram. The times I’ve done the same walk gotten double the steps, but pram registers less,