LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Snake juice sounds interesting. I just started an extended fast, i hope to make it six days. Don’t think I’ll be doing the snake juice though. Lol. I have magnesium lotion, sea salt, black coffee and black tea for potassium. Not sure where I’ll get phosphorus from, I’ll look into it though.

Thanks for sharing about what it is :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    YUCK on the snake juice LOL......Glad you are getting some better sleep.....Your cheat sounds amazing :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Glad to hear that you are getting some sleep <3 As for snake juice, I have heard of it but I have never tried it before. As for Avengers, both of my kids are waiting patiently for it :)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Thanks so much everyone.

Last night's sleep wasn't great, but that was because I had A LOT of water before bed and it needed to come out.. multiple times during the night lol.

This is week 43 for me on my weight loss journey. 43 flippin weeks! Holy moly. I've dieted before but a month has been the longest I've ever stuck with something.
    When I started all of this, I knew that this was it. I wasn't giving up, I AM going to reach my goal no matter how long it takes and I have stuck with it.
    Oh it's been frustrating as *kitten* though. SO incredibly frustrating at times.
    I see so many people doing the same things as me, or that cheat more often and have dropped like double what I have. I know you're not supposed to compare yourself, but we all do. I do it all the dang time and it gets to you even though you know better.
    Just gotta keep chugging along though and that's what I'm doing.

I don't know why my weight isn't moving right now and it is hella infuriating. I think I'm going to give up dairy again. Most dairy. I might have cheese of some sort every once in a while and I'm still cooking with butter (although I do have ghee so I might switch to that), but definitely not going to consume it like I have been recently. That has been the only change I've really made so far so maybe.. MAYBE that is what is causing this gain.

Another bone broth day today. I only ended up fasting 19hrs yesterday, but I'm really not too concerned with it when just drinking bone broth.
    Heck, maybe I'll do it tomorrow too. We'll see.. we'll see. I am looking forward to eating and DH wants steak and shrimp tonight..... *kitten* :P lol

• volgirl1322
    WOW 43 weeks that is really amazing!!! You should be so proud of yourself that is a huge accomplishment! Hopefully the weight will start to fly off, I hate when it stalls for me and it does it fairly often especially now that I have lost a lot......But it is a marathon not a sprint ---you have got this!

• LiLee2018
    Today’s Date: 4/15/2019
    Today's Plan: IF w/ Bone broth
    Weight Goal for the Month: 162lb
    Today’s Weight: 169.6?
    Today’s Exercise completed: 13min dumbbell exercise
    Hours slept: 6 or 7hrs
    Description/Photo of Meals: Chicken bone broth w/ added chicken bouillon, half a teaspoon of butter
    Total calories: About 400-500

Your thoughts/comments on the day: Drank A LOT of bone broth today. No regrets. Ok maybe a little bit of regret with how much bouillon I added b/c I'm sure all that salt doesn't help anything, but oh well. I like the flavor it brings.
    Not gonna lie though. I may break my fast early tomorrow bc damn do I want to eat right now.
    The new batch of bone broth is pretty delicious though. I remembered to get an onion for it and it brought a lot of oniony goodness to the broth.
    But yeah.. all I can think about is food. I just wanna EAT lol. I'm not sure if it's mental or physical..... thinking it's mostly mental bc I feel fine. /shrugs
  • wsandy8512
    "Oniony goodness", lolol, I sooo love onions and I love your phrase!

Wonderful thing about fasting, you can break or keep going, it's all up to you and how you're doing. You may wake today and not be hungry at all, wouldn't that be awesome?

I had to push through a slight bit of hunger that brought on the saliva when I made my husband a meal last night. lol Thank goodness it was brief. :-)

Best to you on the rest of your fast and, as always, you're doing great!

• volgirl1322
    You are doing great with your fast but if you need to eat then eat ---that is the joy of the OMAD --it fits the person :)…..You are doing awesome though....And I love "onion goodness too"
  • LiLee2018
    Broke fast early today. Woke up feeling ok but that hunger jumped back in quick. Oh well. Back to OMAD tomorrow. Like yall said... that's the great thing about OMAD or really any diet. Some days you're on point and some days you're not and that's ok too.
    Going to really try to OMAD for the rest of the week though. I do wish I had a nice warm cup of coffee right now. Sweet delicious creamy coffee...... speaking of cream....
    Also definitely going to take dairy out of the diet for a while. Then I'll reintroduce after a month or so and really pay attention to what my body does on it. See if maybe I am intolerant of it or what. I could've easily been eating too much too. More than I realized and that's what is going on now with the scale.
    Just made some SF jello to help with any kind of sweet cravings and.... yep. All ready to go.
    Time to get back on track and kick some butt!

My littlest is sick now though w/ a coughing throwing up thing and is waking up early so I can't really sleep in like I want. /cry
    FX that myself or the other 2 get it. PLEASE don't let anyone else get it!
  • LiLee2018
    FX that myself or the other 2 *DON'T get it.

Geeze.... why can't we edit our posts??
  • volgirl1322
    Hoping your little keeps the germs away from the others...….
    I love sugar free jello ---it hits the spot when I am wanting something sweet :)
  • wsandy8512
    Never hurts to eliminate foods you may think are causing you problems. I hope you find relief soon. Well done on your fast, now go kick some booty!

Aw, well wishes for your little one a quick recovery and hopefully no one else catches it.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Sending over quick healing vibes to your little one! Get well soon! <3 I love SF Jello..yummo!
  • LiLee2018
    Today’s Date: 4/16/2019 (tuesday)
    Today's Plan: regular eating day
    Weight Goal for the Month: 162lb
    Today’s Weight: N/A
    Today’s Exercise completed: nada
    Hours slept: not enough
    Description/Photo of Meals: ribeye w/ hot sauce, horrible cup of instant coffee w/ monk fruit & half and half, bone broth w/ bouillon, 2 scrambled eggs and 2 strips of pork belly, sf jello
    Total calories: 1700-1800

Your thoughts/comments on the day: This sleep issue is really putting a damper on my diet. Waking up with headaches and feeling like I shouldn't OMAD and then when I start eating, I want to eat EVERYTHING. Thank goodness for a little bit of self control.

Same this morning, horrible sleep for some reason and woke up with a headache. No idea what is going on but I really wish it would stop.
    BUT even with the horrible sleep and wanting to eat everything in site... I'm extra motivated now b/c we've booked our beach trip for early August. WOO!
    That gives me about 15 weeks to try to lose as much as possible and damnit, I'm going to try.. in a healthy manner of course :)
    I've been toying with the idea of doing a bone broth week after my cheat next Friday. I could easily do it if I only had to worry about physical hunger b/c bone broth is pretty satisfying... it's that mental challenge that I would have to fight through. But a beach trip in a few months is incredibly motivating and I'm going to give it a try I think. At least, that's the plan for now ;) Plans change and that's ok too :)

Going to hold off on buying new swimwear and gosh.... I'm really going to have to kick my butt in to gear. There will probably be more cheat days in between, but those shouldn't derail me too much.

Just super excited for a nice "relaxing" vacation at the beach. We had a trip to Disney early last year that was anything but relaxing. I'm sure this one won't be either since well... kids but it will be nice anyway :) lol

• volgirl1322
    Cool on your beach trip ---ours is the end of July and I really want to drop 20ish by then.....stay strong ---you can totally do it!!!!! And I agree ---no new swimsuit until I am a lot closer to the 20lb loss...….

Sorry about your sleep ---that is a huge issue and I am sure it would affect how you feel with dieting for sure!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love a good trip for motivation!!! I'm holding off on swimwear too but excited to be in a position where "darn it, guess I'mma hafta buy a bathing suit" lol - actually pretty stoked about it :)

Nice ducking and weaving your way through kids sickness and rough waters in the sleep department - getting through the normal stressors and learning how to deal with that stuff was the hardest part for me :)

PS - Onion-y goodness should be the name of my boy band :D
  • LiLee2018
    I've never looked forward to buying a new bathing suit... and I probably won't think time either tbh, but at least it will be nice being able to buy something in a smaller size!

Exercise plans for today are on hold b/c my headache is worse.
    It went away. Took the kids to Target b/c I love torturing myself :lol: (they were actually behaving) and got home and headache came back with a damn vengeance and is whooping my *kitten* right now. Took some tylenol and all I want to do is eat SIGH.
    Staying strong though.

In better news... I need new shorts b/c almost all of mine are way too big now. Decided to buy a pair while at Target. A size 12 and they fit me without me having to suck in at all. WOO!
    I started my entire journey in tight size 18's. My stomach is frustratingly slow at losing the inches, but they are coming off finally :) The scale might also not be showing me what I want, but my clothes are at least. /nodnod
    It's gonna 'suck' once I lose more weight have have to replace these 12's with something even smaller lol. Good problem to have for sure, but dang.. needing to replace almost your entire wardrobe (even if it is mostly t-shirts) is gonna get expensive!
  • volgirl1322
    OMG that is a very awesome awesome NSV for you......WOW just amazing...….I love smaller clothes and shopping for them.....way fun!!!!

I am wearing some capris today that last summer were a bit tight --not overly but just didn't fit that great ---but when I put them on today ---they are lose :) so I know something is working even though MR. Scale doesn't always agree!!

Hope you feel better soon!!!!! <3
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I don't know what to really say about me and pants. I run a spectrum of sizes. I have some size 10's that fit a little loose and I have some size 16's that I can't yet fasten. It all boils down to how they are made. I guess I will always have to try on clothes and can't just pick up a size and know they will fit.
  • LiLee2018
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    I don't know what to really say about me and pants. I run a spectrum of sizes. I have some size 10's that fit a little loose and I have some size 16's that I can't yet fasten. It all boils down to how they are made. I guess I will always have to try on clothes and can't just pick up a size and know they will fit.

Yeah... I wish they would just use the sizes men get. I hate this vanity crap sizing for women b/c the sizes are SO different everywhere you go. I got a pair of capris while at Sam's. Size 12 and they fall off of me b/c they're WAY too big. Also got a size 12 pants there too, but they're too tight (I can suck in and get in to them though).
    I have some size 14 capris that fit me perfect also some size 16's that fit the same.. also have some size 16's that fall off.
    It's just annoying. It's like they think if they tell women their actual waist size in bottoms, we'll freak the hell out or something.
    I do run the risk of something being too big or small but I wasn't going to run in to the fitting room w/ 3 kids lol. I held them up and they looked about right which is why I bought them :) If it was somewhere like Kohls where you can just go in to their fitting rooms without having to talk to anyone, then I would've tried them on first... if DH was there to watch the kids :smiley:

volgirl- Isn't that just the best feeling? Finding something that was too small for you, putting it on and finding out they're not too big? Such an amazing feeling :)
    I cant wait until I'm at my smallest size. HOPEFULLY in size small stuff b/c those sizes never seem to be out of stock anywhere (as sad as that is to think about). I can't wait to go spend money I don't have on cute clothes that I always wish I could wear :)

Lemme clothes rant a little more...
    I love capris but DAMN it's difficult finding some when you're short! All the ones that you find just end up being like 2 inches above your ankles. And shorts.... the shorts I bought are ok, but why must they all be SO damn short? Where the hell are all the bermuda shorts?? I have loose flabby skin on my thighs that I do NOT want to show off. The shorts I bought barely cover where the loose skin can be seen. Like dang.. not all of us want to show off our thighs. Give us more options than capris, super short shorts, OR granny shorts.