Needing input plzz

Okay so 7 days a week, this is how it is 700-900+ active calories a day. Is that to low? Or good?? Needing advice. I’m trying to loose belly fat and gain huge glute muscles. Eat around 1500-1800 calories a day. yauwi4ldnhqb.png

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    are you doing recomp? what lifting program do you follow?
  • toriejaynee
    toriejaynee Posts: 23 Member
    I’ve been doing glute workouts, some cardio mainly mile a day, and weights and hip thrusts, squats, planks, crunches, leg press a lot.
  • toriejaynee
    I’m 148-150 pounds but it’s mainly belly fat it seems and legs need toned up and build my butt back. Had celiac disease went from 178 highest and did keto and got to 148-150 and just wanna tone and abs and booty lol
  • toriejaynee
    Also riding my bike like 2.0 miles a day.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Are you losing weight now? Unfortunately you won't be gaining huge glute muscles in a deficit (even in a surplus it is hard and takes time). I would start to think about maintaining your weight to recomp to slowly build muscle and lose fat over time. Make sure you are following a proper progressive lifting program with focus on the glutes like Strong Curves.
  • toriejaynee
    I’ve been doing heavy different type of squats and fire hydrants with weights and leg lifts with weights and lunges and bridges and hip thrusts with weights. I kinda been avoiding cardio and just kinda changed my diet completely. You have anymore recommendations girl!? Cuz you got a booty I see 😩
  • toriejaynee
    And good ab workouts? Besides my crunches and leg lifts and planks and eating better? Oh also been doing Russian twists 3 times for 45 seconds
  • toriejaynee
    I’d like to be least like 140-145 I think idkk lol. It’s my lower belly poochh 😩 issss all bad
  • sardelsa
    The thing is you can go about this in a few ways. You can lean out, preserve the muscle you have now. Your glutes likely won't grow very much, if at all, but as you lose the fat they will have a firmer and lifted appearance. Then you can run a small gaining cycle to put on mass (keep in mind this path is not for everyone since you will gain fat along with it all). Otherwise as I mentioned you can start to think about recomp either now or after you lose a few. Recomp is great especially if you have a higher bodyfat percent and don't mind the gains going a bit slower.

Again following a program not just random heavy weights is the most optimal way. I personally don't do ab workouts aside from the odd plank and exercise ball tucks. Most of my ab stimulation comes from my squats, deadlifts and chin-ups.
  • sardelsa
    Oh and my body from my profile was not built overnight. It took almost 5 years to get here.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    It's been mentioned but I would suggest you read the book "strong curves" it has a lot of good info in addition to the actual workout programs themselves.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    It looks like you are eating 1500-1800 and burning 2500. That would put you on track to lose 1 lbs per week, which sounds like way too fast unless you have 75 lbs or more to lose. I don't see your weight or goals mentioned upthread, but it sounds like you need to eat more, probably 2000-2300, so you don't lose muscle or deprive your nutrition and energy.