What is your healthiest weight fluctuation number?

I am using healthiest wrong on purpose.

Do you have a common number that you seem to move up and down by more on the scale?

Lately mine has been 1.2 pounds. I have fluctuated up and down by that amount 8 times in the last month alone.

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    It depends.

Normal sodium fluctuation is 1.6 pounds when I have more than 2400 mg of sodium in a day -- and then it scales up pretty reliably if the sodium increases beyond that 2400.

Travel/half marathon/other races/cyclical is about 3 percent.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Mine is usually 1.5-3lbs. It's up and down through that range consistantly. 3lbs Especially if I had a high calorie/sodium meal the day before.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    2-4 pounds day to day - when I'm weighing day to day.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I can see fluctuations as small as 0.2lbs and up to 4lbs. Really just depends.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    (I'm essentially at goal, playing with vanity weight.) I fluctuate up and down up to 3 pounds related to my cycle. Or if I eat pizza :tongue: Normal day-to-day without those circumstances, it's usually about a pound.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I have a 4 pound comfort range. Anything much above or below that range and I start to question if I need to make any adjustments.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    normally mine is only .5 - 1lb daily. Today though i went down 2.6lbs. I must have been peeing a lot yesterday
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited April 2019
    The Dictator speaks ;) :

Normally about 1-1.5lbs is normal for me unless there's excessive carbs/sodium/DOMs if that or hormones are at play it's normal for me to see anywhere between 3-6lbs.

• Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Within 0.5 lbs is my normal.

Above 1 lbs and I start to look closer what can have caused the change.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    About 0.5 pounds either up or down.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    2 lbs
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Normally for me it's a pound or less of fluctuation, unless it's a crazy day (like yesterday I had half a family sized pizza so unsurprisingly I was up a pound a half today). But it can sometimes fluctuate in the same direction two or more days in a row. So for instance I might gain a pound a day for two or 3 days and end up 2-3 pounds heavier than a few days before. Same thing in the other direction.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Normally about a pound or so. If it's 2-3 lbs it's usually due to eating a lot of salt, starting a new workout, being constipated, or something like that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    My standard is typically 1-2 Lbs up or down. I get bigger fluctuations if I spend the weekend eating out or if I travel by plane. Airline travel has given me as much as an 8 Lb increase just getting on and off the plane.
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Two pounds most of the time. After a particularly hard workout or a couple of days of no exercise (complete glycogen replacement) it might be as much as four pounds. Some of that is +/- also. I "weigh" about 185 pounds. My daily weight is usually from 183.5 to 186.5 daily with swings to 188. Within that range I make the assumption that my actual body mass is staying the same.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Tuesday I weighed 122.2, today 118.2

Usually, it’s closer to 2 pound fluctuations. I’ve given up on trying to understand why it fluctuates so much. For example, I think I ate a lot of sodium yesterday it should be higher. Nope. Or I didn’t eat as much sodium it should be lower, nope.

I tend to look at the average weight my Garmin app gives as a more true weight. I still log every weigh in no matter what.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    2-4lbs on average it seems. Highest I can remember is 4.8lbs.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    On average I fluctuate within 0.2-1 lb from day to day.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    About .4 to 2 during the week. Over 4 lbs on weekends.