i'm back and learned from previous mistakes

trulyhealy
trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member

I would say in February time I only lasted 2 weeks with healthy eating and exercise before giving up because I went on a holiday-type things and thought I ruined everything. during that
two weeks I made a few mistakes which I can see right now. Such as obsessing over everything such as freaking out if I went slightly over calories. I can see that obsession will most likely burn me out like it has done before as it is mentally unhealthy.

Another mistake I would say I would say I've made is eating too much during the day, even if it was healthy and only leaving about 300 calories for dinner and a snack which would cause me to go over calories which again, would cause me to get upset.

So before I start my weight loss again, i'm going to write out my new adjustments and tell me if you think its ok or if you can offer any other advice before I make the same mistakes and the old pattern continues. So I plan to eat less during the say (not starving myself, just having lighter meals, especially lunch) which will lead me to eat more at night which is something I noticed I've struggled with.

im also not going to incorporate proper exercises until eating healthy is a habit I've formed so I don't burn myself out.

extra information:

im 5 foot 5, 165 pounds and plan to get to 130 pounds by late august

Replies

• dashaclaire
    dashaclaire Posts: 127 Member
    I really sympathize with the evening hunger! Look in to high volume recipes to help you feel fuller. I like to add black beans to my breakfast, it helps me feel full longer and put off lunch until late afternoon. Friend me if you want:)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited April 2019
    Just get back on a strict regimen and make sacrifices

I would respectfully disagree, the last thing this poster needs is to frame her plan in terms of strictness and sacrifices.

OP, I think your plan sounds fine, except for what everyone else mentioned - the time frame. In general, a smart part of setting a goal is a time frame, but weight management is an exception to that rule. There are so many variables that factor into your weight, it is almost impossible to force an end date. And honestly, figuring out a way of eating and an activity level that will keep you at the right calorie level for the rest of your life not only makes this whole thing easier, but it means there really is no time frame - you just keep doing what you do and maintaining a healthy weight for the rest of your life. :drinker:
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    I really sympathize with the evening hunger! Look in to high volume recipes to help you feel fuller. I like to add black beans to my breakfast, it helps me feel full longer and put off lunch until late afternoon. Friend me if you want:)

Check out this thread for lots of high volume meal ideas.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10563959/volume-eaters-thread/p1
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    We have all had our ups and downs with trying to lose weight. Don't beat yourself up for enjoying your holiday. Take your time and allow the changes to become new habits. It took me 2 years to get to my goal weight but I made it all the way for the first time in my life and am maintaining! I had alot more to lose than you do but the last 20 lbs took a year. If you are more active than I was you can do it faster but I agree that setting a specific time to get to your goal makes it more stressful than it needs to be. There are so many folks on this site who have reached their goal that can encourage and support you and I think most of us will say "take your time".