From couch to triathlon

Replies

• cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    So awesome, Lori, you rock!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    You are amazing! You also inspire me. 2 years ago I ran my first marathon at 60. 1.5 years ago I stopped running after 5 close family deaths within a few months. It's time to get back off the couch and back at it. Thank you for sharing your accomplishment!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    This is so inspirational and such an awesome accomplishment! Congratulations!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    You are so inspiring! Woot woot
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Very inspiring, thank you for sharing!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    You are awesome. I might have shed a little tear over this one. You are patient, consistent and persistent. All wonderful qualities.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Congratulations!!! You are amazing!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    I always love reading your posts. This one takes the cake though. I started swimming almost 5 years ago after a lifetime fear of the water. It's put tri-thoughts into my head, although I absolutely hate cycling, lol. I think my favorite part of your story is that you took it at a pace to remember and enjoy :heart: Therein lies wisdom. What a fantastic achievement. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    You are amazing! I love your positive mindset and you have made wonderful progress!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Anybody who doesn't recognize that you are a total rock star is just an idiot!

Keep on Truckin, Sugar!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    just remember - triathlons are like pringles - you can't do just one :)
  • 42Amy
    42Amy Posts: 77 Member
    I too did my first sprint tri last summer at 49...there was someone there who was 80! You are an inspiration! What's next?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    42Amy wrote: »
    I too did my first sprint tri last summer at 49...there was someone there who was 80! You are an inspiration! What's next?

A 30 Mile bike event in June, 1 MI open water swim in July, and another trisprint in Aug!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    @lorrpb
    I love your attitude, Lori. Congratulations & know we are all here beaming, shedding a sweet tear, and cheering you on❣️

Totally inspiring & I’m in awe of your wisdom❣️
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Reading this 1+ year later (linked from another thread). Awesome & inspirational!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    wow outstanding job keep it up
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    You look so happy..and that says it all. You are amazing.
  • jennietm2014
    jennietm2014 Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2020
    You inspire me! I turn 60 this fall. I’ve lost and gained a lot of weight over my lifetime, but my lowest adult weight thus far has been 189. At my age, I was beginning to think it didn’t matter any more. :'(
    Then a succession of doctors within months told me that if I don’t get a handle on this, I’m going to die early. I started 2 weeks ago at 242. I have only 1 kidney, and have stage 2 kidney disease. I’m diabetic and have had uncontrolled blood sugars for several years now.
    I’m two weeks in and your story tells me that it’s not too late and that it’s worth it. Thank you! <3
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    You inspire me! I turn 60 this fall. I’ve lost and gained a lot of weight over my lifetime, but my lowest adult weight thus far has been 189. At my age, I was beginning to think it didn’t matter any more. :'(
    Then a succession of doctors within months told me that if I don’t get a handle on this, I’m going to die early. I started 2 weeks ago at 242. I have only 1 kidney, and have stage 2 kidney disease. I’m diabetic and have had uncontrolled blood sugars for several years now.
    I’m two weeks in and your story tells me that it’s not too late and that it’s worth it. Thank you! <3

Yes it’s possible and yes it’s worth it! I won’t say it’s “easy” but it’s definitely possible!😘
  • Tracergirl
    Tracergirl Posts: 20 Member
    To finish first, you must first finish! You are amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!