New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    At the better Weis that I visit every so often had the new Enlightened Dairy Free Pints. I didn't buy any since I had other stores to go to, but the Banana pint sounded yummy. Does anyone know if it differs from the regular other than it being Dairy Free? Weis also had one of the new Culture Republick ice cream flavors.

I tried a little bit last night of the non-dairy banana one. Have a cold so my taste buds are a bit dimmed. With non-dairy the texture is a little different and depending on the type it will have a different taste. This one wasn’t as noticeable of a flavor change compared to coconut based alternatives. The peanut butter swirl was a nice addition so hoping to get more in the pint when I get around to eating the rest. Maybe when I am better so will get more flavor.

• avlucia
    avlucia Posts: 66 Member
    RealGood chicken poppers. I saw a couple of my friends had them in their dairies recently so I went out and bought some. They're a little pricey for my frugal self but really good, might treat myself to them occasionally for those times I don't feel like cooking.

https://www.realgoodfoods.com/product/poppers/
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Sorry it’s not letting me upload that one photo for some reason. rxhg5f508wyz.jpeg

Updated: tried the fruity and chocolate as well. That makes almost 700 calories in cereal today, lol no shame. The chocolate was not good at all. Tasted too much like bitter chocolate protein powder. The fruity one was too lemony for my liking. I really liked the frosted and cinnamon the best.
    hgycta wrote: »
    Oh man... I normally HATE dairy free pints because they usually taste weird or have too much pea protein, but I just tried Enlightened’s cinnamon bun dairy free pint and it’s AMAZING!!!!! You’d never be able to tell it’s dairy free, and they don’t ruin it with pea protein (sorry if anyone here actually likes that, but it simply tastes like grass to me). This stuff is possibly even better than the regular dairy pints! Very sweet and perfect texture, it’s the first Enlightened pint I didn’t need to thaw! 10/10! Soooooo much better than Halo Top’s cinnamon roll pint - not as heavy on the stevia, just very sweet and very flavorful! No chunks but it actually didn’t need it!
    ugkt19jbv704.jpeg
    nqxsfuelt9zo.jpeg

Yes, their dairy-free pints are so good! The cinnamon bun and mint are the best of the bunch.

I have been wondering how their dairy freee compares to halo too because I really didn’t like the halo top ones,

fquuaioyfx7q.jpeg
    tiwkfvh2fv43.jpeg
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/zz/bla5kb1ybim4.jpeg[/ I was curious how these would be and didn’t have high hopes. But I LOVED the frosted and cinnamon ones. I haven’t tried the others yet. They were dusted almost reminded me of the donettes cereal a little. The dusting was light and sweet. However, once you put milk in, it didn’t stay on, so I didn’t like it with milk. It is the perfect dry snack though.[/img]ilv094z0cmtb.jpeg
    The cinnamon was also delicious. This one was good both in milk and dry. Nice cinnamon sugar flavor. Not as sweet as Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but like a little less sugary version of that flavor.

They are good for a snack instead of a protein bar. 1c has 220. Calories and 24g protein. So I would have in place of a bar.

If only they could make cereal with 20 cal per cup that tasted good, then I’d buy stock in that !

The link didn't work. What are these cereals called?

Here's the corrected image:

bla5kb1ybim4.jpeg

Interesting! I've been craving low carb cereal. Did you buy these in store or online?

Someone posted them in here and I found them online!

How much did you end up spending?? @Noreenmarie1234
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Sorry it’s not letting me upload that one photo for some reason. rxhg5f508wyz.jpeg

Updated: tried the fruity and chocolate as well. That makes almost 700 calories in cereal today, lol no shame. The chocolate was not good at all. Tasted too much like bitter chocolate protein powder. The fruity one was too lemony for my liking. I really liked the frosted and cinnamon the best.
    Oh man... I normally HATE dairy free pints because they usually taste weird or have too much pea protein, but I just tried Enlightened’s cinnamon bun dairy free pint and it’s AMAZING!!!!! You’d never be able to tell it’s dairy free, and they don’t ruin it with pea protein (sorry if anyone here actually likes that, but it simply tastes like grass to me). This stuff is possibly even better than the regular dairy pints! Very sweet and perfect texture, it’s the first Enlightened pint I didn’t need to thaw! 10/10! Soooooo much better than Halo Top’s cinnamon roll pint - not as heavy on the stevia, just very sweet and very flavorful! No chunks but it actually didn’t need it!
    ugkt19jbv704.jpeg
    nqxsfuelt9zo.jpeg

Yes, their dairy-free pints are so good! The cinnamon bun and mint are the best of the bunch.

I have been wondering how their dairy freee compares to halo too because I really didn’t like the halo top ones,

fquuaioyfx7q.jpeg
    tiwkfvh2fv43.jpeg
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/zz/bla5kb1ybim4.jpeg[/ I was curious how these would be and didn’t have high hopes. But I LOVED the frosted and cinnamon ones. I haven’t tried the others yet. They were dusted almost reminded me of the donettes cereal a little. The dusting was light and sweet. However, once you put milk in, it didn’t stay on, so I didn’t like it with milk. It is the perfect dry snack though.[/img]ilv094z0cmtb.jpeg
    The cinnamon was also delicious. This one was good both in milk and dry. Nice cinnamon sugar flavor. Not as sweet as Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but like a little less sugary version of that flavor.

They are good for a snack instead of a protein bar. 1c has 220. Calories and 24g protein. So I would have in place of a bar.

If only they could make cereal with 20 cal per cup that tasted good, then I’d buy stock in that !

The link didn't work. What are these cereals called?

Here's the corrected image:

bla5kb1ybim4.jpeg

Interesting! I've been craving low carb cereal. Did you buy these in store or online?

Someone posted them in here and I found them online!

How much did you end up spending?? @Noreenmarie1234

The 4 pack variety pack is $39 and shipping is free if you hit $50
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    zecbdrig0kmb.jpg
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Update: tried the Leaner Lemon Lil Buff Cake mix and think it's my favorite of the ones I've had (have had chocolate, fitfetti, and ginger shred). It has no aftertaste and had a really light lemon flavor. I made it using diet ginger ale, and while it didn't hold together as well, I still loved the taste and love the fact that I saved calories doing so. The s'mores frosting was delicious too. I kinda worry though because the main ingredients are cashews and palm shortening. Just wonder how much of it is actual cashews XD Still, nice marshmallow graham flavor with chocolate chips sprinkled throughout. You get so little for the calories though (but isn't that true with anything good?).
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    mrkru3dlbdjm.jpeg
    Has anyone tried these??
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    nic_27_grassisgreener Posts: 193 Member
    @hgycta I haven't had that brand, but I've had lots of oatmilk which is delicious.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    icx2jjy9u8uo.png
    This stuff is so good.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    mrkru3dlbdjm.jpeg
    Has anyone tried these??
    I got a carton of it for free a few months back. I only used it in my protein ice cream that I make, but it was so good. I definitely noticed a difference (in a good way!) in the taste of the ice cream compared to when I normally use cashew milk. The only reason I won't buy it and use it all the time is because of the calorie difference.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    mrkru3dlbdjm.jpeg
    Has anyone tried these??
    I got a carton of it for free a few months back. I only used it in my protein ice cream that I make, but it was so good. I definitely noticed a difference (in a good way!) in the taste of the ice cream compared to when I normally use cashew milk. The only reason I won't buy it and use it all the time is because of the calorie difference.

Calorie difference? Is it as many (or more) calories than cow's milk? Also... this ice cream you make... please do share the recipe! ;P
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    5i14dcz5vgni.png

Love the Banana Cream Pie.
  • kelly_c_77
    mrkru3dlbdjm.jpeg
    Has anyone tried these??

Calorie difference? Is it as many (or more) calories than cow's milk? Also... this ice cream you make... please do share the recipe! ;P

I think the oat milk had 90 calories per 8oz (1 cup). I'm not sure of cow's milk calorie amount because I don't drink it.

Here's my recipe/process for making the protein ice cream:
    I use a Ninja blender.
    I start with a bunch of ice..enough to just cover the tops of the blades. Blend and turn it into snow. Scrape it down and add 60ml (1/4 cup) sugar free pancake syrup and about 6 oz of cashew milk. Blend and scrape. Add 3g of xanthan gum and 28g protein powder. Blend and scrape. Then I do a splash of sugar free/calorie free syrup(vanilla or hazelnut flavor) and blend until it becomes big and fluffy. I usually top with a dash of sea salt, sugar free chocolate syrup, and some more sugar free pancake syrup. Crunchy toppings are awesome too...toppings are endless!
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member
    ina99yibsd0q.jpg
    Talenti's Dark Chocolate Cherry layers flavor has two layers of dark chocolate gelato, chocolate chips, black cherry sauce, and chocolate truffles. I liked this flavor, but I found it to be the most boring out of all of the layers flavors. I might just prefer the flavors that have cookies and fudge in them. The chocolate truffles were the best part of the pint, and they sort of reminded me of the chocolate sea salt caramel truffles in the Sea salt caramel flavor.
    f4lp5son74y4.jpg
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    mrkru3dlbdjm.jpeg
    Has anyone tried these??

Man i wanted to try but our gian/ stop& shop workers on strike and wont let people in
  • kelly_c_77
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    mrkru3dlbdjm.jpeg
    Has anyone tried these??

Man i wanted to try but our gian/ stop& shop workers on strike and wont let people in

That stinks! Sorry! :/
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 I also received the free Quest Dough Nut bars!!! The float is adorable and my daughter is going to love using it this summer!

I tried a bite of one right away. They are coated with some chocolate on the outside with the regular Quest bar on the inside. It tasted to me like a chocolate version of their birthday cake bar. 4a0veylo0k11.png

Just got around to trying these finally; pretty good...not too sweet, not ridiculously chocolatey. Definitely hits the mark tasting like a cheap junk food chocolate dough nut. Agreed, tastes like a chocolate version of the birthday cake flavor. Kind of surprised; other protein bar attempts @ dough nut flavor have not been as good (One donut maple glaze is just soo generic tasting)