The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @ed_zilla Awesome 👏 for you and your progress! I am curious to see with my husband stopping drinking whiskey if his allergies are better.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 I am sorry about your friend and the loss of her. We share in your sadness.
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    dbhDeb wrote: »
    thank you for sharing this. I have never heard of Craig Ferguson @rubyred427

Also, watch his bit on getting sober on Christmas Day. Find it on youtube. Very down to earth, funny and poignant.

I did. I also watched Elizabeth Vargas' interview with Diane Sawyer. Both eye-opening.
  • MaxInChicago
    MaxInChicago Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ed_Zilla wrote: »
    12 weeks AF today ... next week will be 3 months.
    Yup. I just said that 😎

I had a little bit of a struggle earlier this week, but that is in the past. Learned from it and moved on.

Also, I have been hearing off and on...usually in an incredulous voice ”You’re STILL not drinking? Not even beer?”
    Since when was beer not really alcohol?!?

Congratulations on 12 weeks!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Ed_Zilla wrote: »
    12 weeks AF today ... next week will be 3 months.
    Yup. I just said that 😎

I had a little bit of a struggle earlier this week, but that is in the past. Learned from it and moved on.

Also, I have been hearing off and on...usually in an incredulous voice ”You’re STILL not drinking? Not even beer?”
    Since when was beer not really alcohol?!?

Congratulations! Yep I always laugh when people say"yea I don't drink much,only beer" duh "only beer" is all I ever drank! Just alot of them 14-16 each time,I'm pretty sure they do just as much damage as "the hard stuff" people avoid
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    OK...so here's MY latest rant. I received the 2nd set of blinds for my bedroom window yesterday...called my helper who "was" going to install them for me...when I get to the courier depot to pick them up, both ends of the box were OPEN...the clerk documented the fact that the ends were not sealed but said I was not allowed to check to see if all the pieces were there & I could just refuse acceptance of them & ship them back. But I was able to peek inside to see the header for the blinds encased in a plastic sleeve & figured the hardware would likely be inside also. Of course, the hardware is missing SO I cannot install my blinds because there are no brackets OR screws to attach them to the window frame....r-r-r-r-r-r-r!!! I have curtains for my window also so no one will be privy to my naked bodacious bod any time soon BUT you get the point....r-r-r-r-r!! I very calmly in spite of myself left a VERY clear message on the answering service at the blind co. last night figuring I won't hear back until Tuesday at the very earliest due to the holiday...so I came home & emailed a nice explicit email expressing my disappointment & expectations for some type of reimbursement for all the FRUSTRATION...to my surprise I got a call this aft from the lady who is handling my other dispute with this company and she was very apologetic & is on the case....

SO THERE!!

Having said all that, there are much worse things to worry about than stupid blinds!!!