The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    One more sleep till D-Day!!!! YAY!! I'm done now...someone else's turn <3
  • audreypawdrey
    audreypawdrey Posts: 130 Member
    @Ed_Zilla Congratulations on 12 weeks! Way to go!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    AND this is how my alcohol brain has been working lately...I bought 24 beer for the move day...12 would have been plenty, then bought the large bottle of wine for the ladies with the intent of sending all the leftover alcohol home with whoever and THEN.....began to think that perhaps I will just hang on to the excess...JUST IN CASE someone dropped in...WHAT??? Where on earth is this coming from???? What is wrong with MY brain...hmmmm!! Any suggestions??

The excess alcohol is going home with whoever and is NOT staying in my house for nothing!! Oh brother.... :s

Well, you DO need to be prepared for those unexpected guests.... And then you might as well drink it before it gets skunked from being in the refrigerator too long....

Or is that only me?

OMG...you actually read my brain about the wine going skunky. I never drank red wine chilled...always liked it room temp, BUT if I wanted it (a type that wasn't terribly to my liking) to last longer OR was 'trying' not to drink it, I'd put it in the fridge cause I don't really like it cold & thought it would be a deterent...well we all know how that works out, don't we??? Kinda like freezing chocolate to avoid eating it....MMMMMM....Yummmy frozen chocolate. :p

Anyhoo, you read my brain because I thought IF I did hang onto it and IF I didn't sabotage myself & drink it, the thought of it going skunky really bugged me...and I did actually think, "Well, I can always keep it in the fridge so it lasts longer." I've thrown out my share of wine in my drinking days (always when I was sick of myself & decided to give it up ONCE AGAIN!! till the next round), so I'm not sure why I was right into wine preservation in my brain in my new Sober days, BUT this only proves to me that, "Just one drink WILL hurt me." Like has been said here before, "I don't have a drinking problem, I have a 'thinking problem'!!! I think that's a Craig Ferguson line if I remember correctly.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    AF for 191 days.

GREAT!!!!
  • salleewins
    Me, I don't serve alcohol anymore. I find other things. I don't feel like wasting so much brain power on the whole thing :).
  • salleewins
    We have a lot of accomplishments here!!!!!!!!!!!. Great milestones!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!