Mission accomplished and early!

pierinifitness
pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
edited April 2019 in Success Stories
Started at 210.8 lbs. on 8/31/2018 with a goal of 180.0 by my birthday in February 2019.

Joined MFP in late October 2018.

Reset goal weight to 177.0 and achieved a day after my 64th birthday. Learned about setting a range for goal weight here rather than having a single weight so set my goal for 172-177.

Have consistently been at 177 or below for 6 weeks and this morning hit a pleasant weigh-in. I’m grateful for the resources and support here at MFP.

da6g34zpf2u9.jpeg

The best is yet to come!

Replies

• robertwroach1250
    robertwroach1250 Posts: 12 Member
    Good job --- If that your picture, you look to be in very good shape.
  • SailorDH
    SailorDH Posts: 13 Member
    Congratulations!!
  • pierinifitness
    Thank you @robertwroach1250 and @SailorDH, the weight continues to melt off now that I’m running, even after upping my calories. I now have the pleasant chore of needing to eat more. Who would have thought?
  • WC1982
    WC1982 Posts: 137 Member
    Thank you @robertwroach1250 and @SailorDH, the weight continues to melt off now that I’m running, even after upping my calories. I now have the pleasant chore of needing to eat more. Who would have thought?
    Awesome dude!! I have almost the same goals. Started at 228 currently at 218. Looking to get to 190lbs
  • pierinifitness
    Thanks @WC1982, share your journey here so I can privately cheer for you. Let me know if you need some two cents guidance based on my experience and success. Enjoy your weekend.
  • maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    Just awesome work there! Keep it up!
  • pierinifitness
    @maronesax1972, thank you. Following the mantra of Jeff Cavaliere to be light, lean and strong, placing cardiovascular conditioning and strength endurance before hypertrophy training in my approach. Do have a four-pack starting to come out of hibernation but not like yours in your avatar. Enjoy your youth.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Great job!! (:
  • pierinifitness
    Thank you @anl90, appreciate it and like the avatar photo, sure there's a story behind it.
  • pierinifitness
    Time to start eating more, never thought I’d weigh the same as I did 43 years ago for my Army discharge physical.

Just now:

6shskj98618m.jpeg

Disregard the body fat percentage, truth is probably 18 percent. My hydration was high and this causes body fat reading to be lower than the truth.

This is about what I looked like close to Army discharge 43 years ago stationed in Republic of South Korea. I think I have more muscle now similar to my avatar photo except a little leaner:

hxd0trg54cwb.jpeg

The best is yet to come.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!