Best Concert You've Ever Seen?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Queen?!!!!!!!! That would have been good.

• mockchoc
    Oh you didn't see Freddie? You are young so I guess that is why. I'm old I should have seen him, darn it.
  • mockchoc
    I'm jealous of your dad! I remember listening to David Bowie and Kiss as a teenager!
  • mockchoc
    Oh and happy birthday on Wednesday. I had my 53rd early this month :)
  • mockchoc
    We did own a record player but we got flooded a couple of months ago. No idea what we own anymore. I'm guessing it went maybe.. No idea about our records. Lost track of it all. Husband would know. Just about everything is gone to the dump.
  • avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    There are so many, but I'm going with every Coheed & Cambria show I've ever seen.
  • avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    Hmmm tough one. I've been to a lot of concerts, but her are some of my favorites:
    -Metallica was awesome
    -Aerosmith before they became a pop band was really good. The show I went to was for the "Pink" tour, and their last CD before they got too Poppy for me.
    -Alice in Chains was great
    -Avenged Sevenfold was awesome
    -Slipknot was an entertaining show but not my kind of music
    -I saw Sound Garden about a month before Chris Cornell passed away, great show
    -Charlie Daniels Band always puts on a great show
    I have to say that Charlie Daniels sorta came out of nowhere on that list.
  • mockchoc
    One of Sound Gardens songs was what I was singing my heart out to on a very windy night from our balcony on a lagoon in Vanuatu! Husband kept telling me not to sing so loud. Best night ever.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,400 Member
    Great Big Sea. Hugely popular in Canada, mostly unheard of in the Deep South where I live. Discovered them at a “listening station” at Barnes and Noble and it was instant love. Saw them perform maybe 30 times. Their concerts were SO much fun, and you’d sometimes have four generations of one family sitting next to you singing their hearts out.

Stephen Kellogg. Fell in love with him when he opened for five shows in a row when we followed GBS on tour (I sure do miss those tours!). Gives his whole heart to his shows. He was here last week. What a musician!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited April 2019
    Grateful Dead. The security guard caught my boyfriend rolling a joint. My bf looked at him and said, "ok, you caught me, now what happens?" The security guard said, "No problem, I just want to know if you've got any extra papers I can have."
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I saw Third Eye Blind at the state fair once. (shrug)

Actually we were looking for the jumbo corn dogs when I stopped dead in my tracks and asked the atmosphere, "What's that? What's that?"

I knew that riff from "How's It Going To Be" like the back of my hand.

Man, we walked right into a sea of 30+ year old women in sweaty t-shirts crying tears of nostalgia, or that of a storybook romance that never came to fruition. Me and my broham bounced after they covered their 2 hits.

Maybe 12 years too late but it was pretty cool to say we saw Third Eye Blind. Not all of us could've been born before Police Academy 5 came out.
  • gophermatt
    gophermatt Posts: 129 Member
    edited April 2019
    INXS - Kick tour 1988 or so. First real concert, awesome performance. Long time ago, far, far away.

I’ve always expected awesomeness from Australians ever since. The definition of cool!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Alice cooper trash the world tour. He cut his head off and kept on sing

But the band I've seen the most is Biff naked. I've seen her 3 times. She pretty cool
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    mockchoc wrote: »
    I'm jealous of your dad! I remember listening to David Bowie and Kiss as a teenager!

Ah I love David Bowie! I've asked for a Bowie vinyl for my birthday

Thanks so much! Happy belated birthday! :)

I have a couple Bowie records. Heroes and Diamond Dogs, I think.
  • Tugsandpull
    Tugsandpull Posts: 40 Member
    slayer mettalica iron maiden slipknot all great
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,386 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    ACDC in 2009. The energy those guys had at their age was incredible.

It sure was. We saw the Black Ice tour in DC in 2008, then they toured so long we saw it again in 2009 at the same place. Both were really good shows.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Mojo Nixon & The Toadliquors