Sunday 21 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)
    April challenge :) I have enjoyed the beautiful weather and a nice meal with my parents

I went for a walk in the village and the civil war reenactment group were putting on a mock battle.

ljddtlqcosxe.jpeg

WOW 😗 WHAT wonderful costumes! Thanks for sharing!! @ZizzyBumble
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @Snowflake1968 - I've got this class, then one more along with a project, which I'm kind of worried about, tbqh. I would really like to have had some more communication from the university about what's required. But zilch. :P There's general info on the website but I haven't been able to get any particulars. SUCK.

@Faebert - Do they have a smaller size so you can at least try it???

@johicks - Yup. It's SO hard. Right now I'm debating whether I have the mental fortitude to manage a blog post OR a discussion post, let alone both of them. *sigh* It's 6:30 and I'm ready to go to bed for the night! Although, at least that way, I wouldn't be eating...
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    @nlmackey98 I think @Bex953172 put it perfectly. It is ok, and human, to fail. Just never give up! We are all here to support you.

@Snowflake1968 so glad to hear you were not hurt from your fall.

Today was a really fun day but omg I ate way too much that I'm actually in a slight surplus for the week. Trying not to beat myself up, I've still made quite a bit of progress but it does suck knowing the deficits I ran every day did not do anything. No use crying over spilled milk, and I really enjoyed the food, but bleh.

Oh well, tomorrow starts a new day and a new week.
  • Tiggeroo2321
    Tiggeroo2321 Posts: 22 Member
    So today is my routine day off (from walking) And on top of that it's Easter Sunday which meant a huge, lovely, all too yummy meal! So, I blew my calorie count, but not so much so that I can't do something about it tomorrow. So...

that being said, my goals for tomorrow are Walking (60 minutes or more.) IF keep on track and tackle all my laundry which is by now a huge mountain of clothes (we have seven people in our family!)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    I’m still a little shaken with goals. It isn’t that I don’t want to try, but I’m just so afraid to fail again.

I haven’t been mysterious about my emotional highs and lows. The last low was not so good and positives were not easy to come by. Because of this thread, at least once a day I tried to thing of something positive. I was a danger to myself and talked to more docs than I cared to. I’m not saying this month’s challenge saved me, but it did bring me a connection to peace each day. My mood has turned and they changed so meds, but I wanted to thank y’all for being you.

Positive thought for today:
    Easter memories with friends and family. Easter dinner with my great grandparents. Church with great grandma and playing tag with my great grandfather. Being baptized with my great grandmother there to give me a hug. Now my mother comes to church with me and my kids. Some memories are sweet, some are silly, but what I feel most is love.

We are so happy to have you part of this thread. This thread is more than just numbers on a scale, or meeting goals of healthy eating. It is about changing habits that affect our entire life... and our emotions are one of those. I am so proud of you.. and so glad that the positive challenge goal is helping you. So whats this about not meeting your goals ... that goal is a huge one to meet! So please, do not put so much focus on just meeting goals relating to weight and diet. You are getting on here ... you are taking this one day at a time ... you are not giving up... you are changing so many aspects of your life for the better. SO you should never be afraid you will fail ... because failure is not something we do. We just keep trying, and keep trying. I am proud of you.
    And I love your positive thought for today .... and so happy that you are feeling love. I hope you feel the love from all of us as well. <3
  • mytime6630

Today was a really fun day but omg I ate way too much that I'm actually in a slight surplus for the week. Trying not to beat myself up, I've still made quite a bit of progress but it does suck knowing the deficits I ran every day did not do anything. No use crying over spilled milk, and I really enjoyed the food, but bleh.

Oh well, tomorrow starts a new day and a new week.

This is so true ... today was a day to just enjoy the food. Tomorrow is a fresh, new day!
  • mytime6630
    px4kov8nf1ey.jpg
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Well I can join the party of people on here who went over goal yesterday!! Significantly - whoops! But it was actually a conscious decision and not emotionally- led so I guess I can make that my positive thought. Back to it today, and I’m going to go back to no added sugar mon-fri. Not because sugar is evil, but it’s just much easier to stay within goal and get a good balance of nutrients without it. So treats (tracked and logged) for weekends only. Hopefully this will help me with my WFTY - balance...

Sunday goals recap:
    - morning run? ✅
    - Breakfast with bf ✅
    - Pick up kids and head to parents place for lunch ✅
    - Water! ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal ❎ oops no!
    - Do kids laundry on arrival home ✅
    - Bed by 10 ❎

Monday goals:
    - morning workout
    - Finish laundry and vacuum downstairs
    - Kids to finish homework
    - P playdate
    - Buy present for O bday party
    - Book exercise classes for the week
    - pick up ceramics
    - Pack schoolbags etc
    - Check after-school club booking arrangements
    - Bed by 9:30

Have a lovely Monday everyone - hope we can all get back on track and start the week right! X
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    4/21/19 sun
    Weight:152.4 lbs.
    Stay in green :)
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water :)
    Bedtime: 12am :(

jft 4/22/19 mon.
    Weight:
    Stay in green
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water
    Bedtime: 12am

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @mytime6630. I am sorry your day did not turn out as well as you'd hoped, I am glad your love of gardening helped you.

@nimackey98. I am sorry things have been hard for you recently and hope your changed medication will help. You are not a failure, enjoy your family time and continue making happy memories to carry you through the rough patches.

Hugs to you both.

Thank you to all who make this post so interesting and supportive.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Have been on vacation and after eating out for a week, feel like garbage. In desperate need of getting back on track.
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. Meditate
    5. No more Easter candy
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    @Faebert, wow at the calories in that coffee! My main meal is often less than that lol.

@Snowflake1968 , glad you didn't hurt yourself falling. I had to clear out an aunts pretty hoarded upstairs flat a couple of years ago. After that I cleared my own house, I'm now mega aware that someone else will have to go through my things after I'm gone. Unfortunately I will have my parents house to do in the future, it's pretty full too!

JFT 21st April

Log everything yes
    Stay under maintenance just over
    Back exercises did a few
    Don't let other people affect my mood yes, I did my own thing and enjoyed it. Made a nice chicken dinner
    Tidy up bedroom yes, put nice summer bedding on
    Garden pottered a little bit
    Clear out shed yes, looks much better. Only have the shelves with the gardening bits to sort now
    Visited parents, though Dad was asleep most of the time

Positive thought - enjoyed another day in the garden, potted on scented geraniums and they look lovely.

JFT 22nd April

Log everything
    Stay under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Stay positive

• daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    @nimackey98
    Your positive thought about your family really has warmed my heart. Very often we take our elderly for granted, but our time with them is limited and moment like those are really precious.

@mytime6630
    I think you have done an awesome thing yesterday! You have adapted to the day, took the lemons and made lemonade. I think you have given a great example to your daughter!
  • Pantuffle2016
    Pantuffle2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Haven't posted my goals over the Easter weekend, but now i want to get back to it. My goals for today: drink at least 2L water, reach step count, do some work, dont eat after 6 pm to start IMF again.