Avengers: Endgame

MIltonBradley1
MIltonBradley1 Posts: 688 Member
Who is seeing it this weekend? 3 hours of what I hope is pure awesomeness (although I don't like how Iron Man's suit has evolved into "non-metal" material. He's more like Latex Man now).

Replies

• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,555 Member
    Who is seeing it this weekend? 3 hours of what I hope is pure awesomeness (although I don't like how Iron Man's suit has evolved into "non-metal" material. He's more like Latex Man now).

Watching it Sunday
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Next Tuesday- $5 nite here
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    Got Thursday evening tickets for a 4DX screening. My wife and I will be there in our matching Captain America/Captain Marvel shirts. She will be baking Avengers themed cupcakes for that day. I married well.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    My wife was telling me last night theres a sequence to watching the whole entire franchise. It starts with the first captain America and so on

No, its starts with 2003's Hulk.

The 2003 Hulk movie was not part of the MCU. The 2008 Hulk movie is. There are a couple of different theories on what the best order is to watch them. The one his wife is mentioning is probably chronological based on timeline. Captain America being first since it took place in the 1940s. But I think it's best to just watch them in the order they were released, since even the ones that were released as prequels have a bunch of references that make more sense if you watch them later.
  • auroralee425
    auroralee425 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm seeing it on Thursday night. I can't believe it's this week! I'm honestly almost dreading seeing it because this is going to change EVERYTHING lol.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Why, after all these years, has Captain American not received a promotion?

“Captain America” is a code name, which has been held by a number of individuals in the comics over the years, including non-military personnel.

The most commonly known and popular Captain America, Steve Rogers, actually holds the rank of Colonel. When he officially enters a field of operations, all military forces defer to his command because of his rank combined with his well known tactical genius.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    @cee134 wrote: »

“Captain America” is a code name, which has been held by a number of individuals in the comics over the years, including non-military personnel.

The most commonly known and popular Captain America, Steve Rogers, actually holds the rank of Colonel. When he officially enters a field of operations, all military forces defer to his command because of his rank combined with his well known tactical genius.

Ok.

But why isn't there a "r" in Colonel?

Because they needed the R for February.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    @cee134 wrote: »

Ok.

But why isn't there a "r" in Colonel?

I know you didn't want an answer, but I'm an English teacher / dork so...

Colonel is like a column-el, as in someone at the head of a column. That's the (incredibly simplified) etymology, anyway.

Not sure why the "r" in February... or even what February is named after. I DO know that that "n" in Wednesday is because it's Woden's day... wound up being Odin.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
    My wife was telling me last night theres a sequence to watching the whole entire franchise. It starts with the first captain America and so on

Just watch Infinity War and you’ll be good for Endgame.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member

Yeah, we just finished the movies over the fast few months. We had seen them all before but they fit together like a nice little puzzle.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    We’re going Saturday at 11am. I tried to go Friday, but Friday’s tickets were sold out within an hour of sales going up. If you message me with details, I cut you.
  • CaptainFantastic01

Yeah, we just finished the movies over the fast few months. We had seen them all before but they fit together like a nice little puzzle.

I just have black panther and Antman and the wasp left, I might just go tomorrow
  • CaptainFantastic01

I just have black panther and Antman and the wasp left, I might just go tomorrow

As with all MU films stay watch through the ending credits.

I’ve seen them, just rewatching, also I’m no fool