40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    hello, would love to join the cool kids!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I did BBL Tummy Tuck last night...skipping weights this week just because the schedule is crazy and I won't be home except to sleep all week...
  • Hulkfan1
    Hulkfan1 Posts: 397 Member
    42 or is it 43? I am crying about it but I am going to sweat the 40+ body off.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Beachbody Yoga Studio: Yoga for Runners with Ted"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    No lifting yesterday, but I did get almost 18K steps and I disassembled one bed and assemble it's replacement. New bed after 20+ years, totally magical!
  • Hulkfan1
    Hulkfan1 Posts: 397 Member
    Tons of lifting yesterday for me... today is a lighter day... probably some body weight exercises.
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X2: X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • KEDfitnesspal
    KEDfitnesspal Posts: 1 Member
    I'm waaay over 40 (57 and counting), but happy to have found this group. I have lost 6 lbs. since my last check-in on MFP, and joined a gym. I try to eat healthy, unprocessed foods whenever possible, but I have a sweet tooth that gets in the way. My goal is to lose another 60 lbs. Anyone have any experience using ACV before meals? I would like to hear if it works, as the idea of drinking it, even diluted in a glass of water, is not that appealing to me. However, I am willing to try just about anything to reach my weight loss goals. Menopause kicked my butt! I barely recognize myself. Most of my excess weight settled around my middle and I hate it. Any advice would be welcome!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    I'm waaay over 40 (57 and counting), but happy to have found this group. I have lost 6 lbs. since my last check-in on MFP, and joined a gym. I try to eat healthy, unprocessed foods whenever possible, but I have a sweet tooth that gets in the way. My goal is to lose another 60 lbs. Anyone have any experience using ACV before meals? I would like to hear if it works, as the idea of drinking it, even diluted in a glass of water, is not that appealing to me. However, I am willing to try just about anything to reach my weight loss goals. Menopause kicked my butt! I barely recognize myself. Most of my excess weight settled around my middle and I hate it. Any advice would be welcome!

Our stories are similar - age, sweet tooth, menopause weight gain. Sigh. I hear ya sister.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    I tried urban poling last night. apparently you are supposed to burn way more calories walking, using the poles than without. Anyway, it was a good walk and would use them again. May as well use the upper body as well while walking, making for a more of a full body workout than not.
  • tcunbeliever
    Glute weights done last night...working on a spanktacular summer!
  • JDiMascola
    JDiMascola Posts: 48 Member
    About to turn 42 in May. I have been on my fitness journey for over a year now (started with Keto diet, and love exercise!). I have lost over 50 pounds total! At the end of October I was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer, and have now finished my treatments, etc. I am trying to motivate myself to get back where I was before the cancer. I feel like I am eating more and more crap food (had Wendy's for lunch today), and I know the sugar intake is out of control. I'm still tracking my food though (mostly)! I'm about to get back into boot camp type classes, so I'm hoping that will help the muscle definition come back. Trying to keep myself motivated.
  • Bellyfatbegone9
    Bellyfatbegone9 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm 48 and feeling it. Four years ago I transitioned from a job with moderate activity to one of sedentary activity. I noticed some weight gain prior to this but it has gotten very out of control. I was overweight in my 20s and 30s while having children but at 37 I started a fitness plan and dropped 85 pounds over a few years. I had a major surgery in 2008 which got me way off track. I would love to get back into my smaller clothes! Want to stay motivated.
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Off Day Stretch"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    I did some extra walking last night, but then I went to Endgame, so no weights for me.

I'm not sure if I will be able to get on this weekend, the app is sketchy on my phone and I'm at the beach all weekend. No lifting planned but I will be toting compost and mulch for the garden on Saturday, and I always walk everywhere when we are there, so that will be the exercise for the weekend.
  • gam3rguy
    New Jersey Spartan BEAST=Done!
    Rolled my ankle between mile 8 & 9...so that sucked. Was REALLY muddy and it just happened. Completed ALL obstacles...except that damn spear throw.
  • gam3rguy
    ankle's still really swollen, BUT...I was able to go down my stairs without the "butt-bump-one-step-at-a-time" technique! I don't have anything else booked until June 8th (BONEFROG), so I have 6 weeks to heal up. my "run game" will suffer though. my next event is 9-10 miles, mostly flat-ish land.
    so upper body weights and I'll look through the sanddeck and find some Brute Force routines I can do.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Gam3rguy — I hope your ankle recovery goes smoothly!

My week has been extra active: a few long hikes and increases on all my weights. Today I’ve woken up incredibly sore. I may just skip the gym and do some yoga at home to recover. I’ve got a few hours before I have to decide.

• gam3rguy
    Mezzie1024 wrote: »
    Gam3rguy — I hope your ankle recovery goes smoothly!

My week has been extra active: a few long hikes and increases on all my weights. Today I’ve woken up incredibly sore. I may just skip the gym and do some yoga at home to recover. I’ve got a few hours before I have to decide.

thanks. it accually feels alright today. it's still a little puffy and some color is setting in under the ankle, but not as swollen as yesterday. i think i'll be smart for a change and just blow off today and keep it raised, some ice and just play video game and watch movies.

"Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!