Starting out - body building

37 male 6'3" about 200 lbs
Trying to eat 2560 as my goal intake
Need all the pointers or where to start and exercise to start with
Any ideas?

Replies

• SoulSurvivor910
    SoulSurvivor910 Posts: 3 Member
    What is your goal? Are you trying to gain muscle? Lose fat? What are your priorities?
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    37 male 6'3" about 200 lbs
    Trying to eat 2560 as my goal intake
    Need all the pointers or where to start and exercise to start with
    Any ideas?

Awesome ... undoubtedly, you'll get a boatload of opinions and thoughts, but many folks should be suggesting that you begin with working an established lifting program and eating at a slight surplus.

This thread (linked) has a list of quite few programs, many of which are quite popular and/or effective, and it could be a great place to get moving toward your goals: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you
  • Shawnshawn14
    Shawnshawn14 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm trying to gain muscle but right now loosing the weight I don't think will be an issue I figure work on one thing first then the other.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Find a plan and stick to it for at least months. Eat as consistently as you train and you will see results. There are no shortcuts! Since you're new to lifting you will probably gain muscle and lose fat at the same time but only initially, after that you'll need to focus on one goal. Good luck!