before and after FACE edition

Replies

• hafsatoheed2019
    hafsatoheed2019 Posts: 70 Member
    edited April 2019
    IsETHome wrote: »
    2gm8sfzdauxr.jpg

pijt59lr052m.jpg

First picture in November 2018 at 236, Second Picture in April 2019 around 205- down 30 lbs. Still another 30 to go easily, but progress.
    Congratulations
    Plz share some details what was your routine diet and exercise wise. I only have to lose around 35 to 40 lbs and seeing your pics tell me that it’s completely worth it.
  • hafsatoheed2019
    2gm8sfzdauxr.jpg

pijt59lr052m.jpg

First picture in November 2018 at 236, Second Picture in April 2019 around 205- down 30 lbs. Still another 30 to go easily, but progress.
    Congratulations
    Plz share some details what was your routine diet and exercise wise. I only have to lose around 35 to 40 lbs and seeing your pics tell me that it’s completely worth it.
  • hafsatoheed2019
    Sorry my question and your post all got into one box
    I don’t know how to separately select someone s post and write my question under it
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    edited April 2019
    2gm8sfzdauxr.jpg

pijt59lr052m.jpg

Congratulations

Sure. I marked sedentary in the MFP, I opened my diary to others, added about 10 support people or so that I connected with at various stages of their journey. I started on 12 Nov, and was diligent during the holidays, counting and measuring what I was eating. In the first month I really learned some items that were not worth the calories. I started at 1200 cals per day, and stuck with that, I reset my diary to 1100 so I had to be very careful of not eating empty calories. I did a lot of substitutes. I realized my 100 cal slice of bread wasn't worth it, and found a 50 cal slice of bread instead. I did stock up on pickles, sugar free jello. My breakfast for the most part has been 1/4 cup of whole or 2% cottage cheese, with a small bit of berries on top. I probably had more breads early on but have reduced them since that time. For me because I was watching sugars, it was better to have slightly higher fats, than sugars - so whole milk products. I also purchased hellman's light mayo 15 cals vers 100 cals (example of a substitution). I added more seafood - shrimp with old bay seasoning is my friend - but also tilapia. I eat red meat 2 times, maybe 3 a week. I realized I was eating way to much meats. In month 2 I started doing water jogging twice a week and then three times a week. I stayed consistent on that and have added a water jog, so exercising about 4 times per week. I do not count steps, I do not use a fitbit. I don't count if I take my dog around the block unless it is a walk well over 20 minutes (that's just life burning calories). I did put that I work out 3 times per week on mfp. I have only had about 5 glasses of alcohol since I started, I have not eaten licorice, and my potato chip intake has been drastically reduced. When I eat at subway, I have them yank out some of the bread - a footlong is pretty much the equivalent of a days calories. Every calorie matters, so you can't just snack. Feel free to add me. I also have gone from just over diabetic (I had been prediabetic for a long time), and now I am "normal".
  • hafsatoheed2019
    Bittergreenlikethecolor88
    Good job. Plz share some details how you been so successful so far. And can some one tell me how to select someone to reply or ask questions specifically.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Good job. Plz share some details how you been so successful so far. And can some one tell me how to select someone to reply or ask questions specifically.

Click on "quote" below their post, and it will copy that post into the the reply box (with quote tags to set it off from your reply), then you can type what you want to say in response after the end-quote tag (which has square brackets with /quote inside).

Or, you can "tag" the person by typing an at-sign (@) then their user name, which will put an item in their notifications list saying you mentioned them. It will look like this instance where I've tagged you: @hafsatoheed2019
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member

Click on the blue "Quote" at the bottom of their post, and it will copy and highlight it in your post before you begin typing your reply.
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,078 Member

Thanks :) Just staying within my calories and walking/taking the stairs when I can! No working out, no special diet.... just healthy living!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!