Looking to expand our small intentional Group:Women over 40, Need to Lose 70-100+

Replies

• kathskelly53
    kathskelly53 Posts: 119 Member
    Yes please add me, just got on the scales 204 lbs heaviest I have ever been need support
  • strawberryshake21
    strawberryshake21 Posts: 1 Member
    Yes please, new to fitness Pal over 40 and need to lose at least 3 stone and need all the help I can get 🤣
  • gothdiva1
    gothdiva1 Posts: 3 Member
    I'd like to join, I need all the help and support I can get!
    Heather
  • Ironlady70
    Ironlady70 Posts: 777 Member
    yes please
  • godsgiftformen30
    godsgiftformen30 Posts: 19 Member
    Add me please...
  • kathskelly53
    Wishing everyone a peaceful Easter I’m planning on being chocolate free wish me luck
  • brownidbabe
    brownidbabe Posts: 9 Member
    I would love to be a part of the group. I’m 46 and have I have 65 lbs of the 90 left to go. I need all the support I can find because my motivation is waivering.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    47! Would love to join—I see so many demographic groups i don’t fit into: 20’s, 30’s, moms, SAHMs ... I lost about 115 pounds. I’m in maintenance now. I realize I’m a little out of this demographic, too, but thought it couldn’t hurt to ask. :smile:
  • CreativeTara2018
    CreativeTara2018 Posts: 7 Member
    I’d love to join! Still figuring out the MFP community thing, also looking for friends here as well! My name is Tara & I’ll introduce myself in the group when I get there :smiley:
  • chaparra71
    chaparra71 Posts: 44 Member
    I’d like to join as well. 😊
  • nettam3re3
    nettam3re3 Posts: 66 Member
    I'd love to join! I've been off of my plan for a while now due to surgery but am feeling better than I have in a very long time. I'm looking to get back into my groove and meet my goal of doing an obstacle race in November.
  • kathskelly53
    Well didn’t manage to stay chocolate free I didn’t lose any weight this week but today is the start of another week, wish me luck
  • Tondra2
    Tondra2 Posts: 21 Member
    If you are a women over 40 trying to lose 70-100+ pounds and would like daily/weekly group support, please reply to this post and I will invite you to the group. If you're comfortable sharing your real first name also, that would be helpful. Whether you started in January or are starting today (...or next Monday) you are welcome to join us!

I began the group in January with 20 members - this quickly dwindled to now only 2-4 of us post every week. I'd like to grow the group so we can truly have daily connections.

We are all on a bumpy journey. I for one have barely lost 2 lbs. this year but another member just posted she's hit her April 1 goal already. One reason for the age limit is that we have more in common (maybe menopause!) and we've pretty much learned to give up on fad diets. We also all have a LOT of weight to take off. In my experience many women (oh, how I wish I could be one of them) are serial dieters who consistently gain & lose the same 20-40 pounds. I get discouraged when I see someone post their starting weight that is also MY goal weight! Again, I wish I could be that person, but I'm not.

We're a nice positive group!

I'm interested
  • candysymchyshyn
    candysymchyshyn Posts: 3 Member
    I’m new my name is candy and I am just starting my new journey and working to change
  • candysymchyshyn
    candysymchyshyn Posts: 3 Member
    And am interested
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Hi there,
    My name is Tara and I'm 49 years old. I've got about 80 lbs to lose and would love to join 😊
  • WitchyWoman7676
    WitchyWoman7676 Posts: 90 Member
    I would love to join! I'm Carol 😊
  • 147Fit
    147Fit Posts: 13 Member
    52 with a goal of 80 pounds by end of this year. Please add me. :)
  • joannegustyn1971
    joannegustyn1971 Posts: 50 Member
    I’d like to join please. I’m 47 and am aiming to get down to 180. It’s been many years since I was there. Currently 258. I’ve been dieting my whole adult life so I obviously need all the help I can get.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes please. I need daily....NIGHTLY connection to stay focused. I just got back on MFP end of March.
    OW: 274
    CW last.Sunday, 259.8
    GW: 160
    Weigh in Sundays. I messed up bad this week!!! Tomorrow I know it will be a gain.
    I want to lose 8~10# in May.
    Please invite me.