JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning! I'm trying to stay positive but I can't help but feel discouraged. Even though I know I've made progress (I look different in the mirror and have gotten stronger) I haven't lost any actual weight or changed measurements in a month. My body is very salt sensitive and I do not eat accordingly (I looooove salt) so there could be some bloating, but I think I may need to tighten up a little. I should be finished with TOM in two weeks, so I guess that would be a good time to reassess.

@korina75 are you a realtor? My mom was one for many years and loved it. We are going to see endgame today, I CANNOT WAIT. Going to sneak in some healthy snacks lol 🤐

@Snowflake1968 I really really really hope you get this job, fingers and toes crossed 💖💖

Yesterday 4/26:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞 left at 6:15
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁
    6. Stick to 3 slices of pizza😑 I ate 4, but fit it in my calories so I'm ok with it

JFT 4/27:

2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps
    4. Do workout
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    6. Wash a load of laundry
    7. Buy parts to put my new tires/rims and adapters on (finally!!!!)
  • newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    Yesterday’s goals:
    1. Track everything/stay in green ❌ : enjoyed an impromptu dinner party with the neighbours and did not track supper. Expect I was over on calories, but did elect to cook at home rather than ordering take away at least!
    2. Mindful meditation course ✅ - getting it done early in the day seems to be working!
    3. At least 30 minutes of physical activity of my choice ✅ - got a walk done before my first appointment of the day
    4. Weigh in ✅ - down 2 pounds! (I know from experience the first few pounds are the easiest to lose... have to continue to focus this week to keep it going).

Today’s goals:
    1. Track everything
    2. Pre-plan meals to ensure calorie goals are met
    3. Running group AM - ✅ already got 6K in
    4. Spend 1 hour on basement clean up project
    5. Mindful meditation course.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Friday April 26 - DETERMINED
    2L of water - :)
    Calories in green - :* I don't know I didn't log it all for the first time since August
    Walk 1 Mile - :)
    Plank Challenge - :# 75 Squats instead
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 5/5 - I'm not 100% sure how much I actually ate, I had a fruit tray sitting beside me last night
    Only 1 evening Snack - :D Does one long evening snack with no supper count?
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Write in Journal - ;) Didn't forget or anything, got in late and chose not to stay up to do it.
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Saturday April 27 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I had a busy day yesterday and didn't even comment on everyone's posts like I normally do. I did get them read though. Lauryn and Michaela picked me up around 830 and I didn't get home until 230. I read almost all of one of the books Sarah had me pick up and then I left to go to a friend's house to play board games. I am not a person that normally plays board games but she has been after me for a while to do this and I finally said yes. There were three of us playing. We played Settlers of Catan and Labyrinth. She made popcorn and had a fruit tray for our snacks which were good, but the other lady brought a big bag of Party Mix.... Oh well, I'll work harder today and tomorrow. I only drank water though!

Rodger was burning up when I climbed into bed and was very restless in his sleep. This morning I got up and he was dozing on the couch, he has a cough and when he woke up he told me he's not feeling well. I'm not sure what it is, but will keep an eye on him.

The ground is covered in snow I'm not sure how much we are supposed to get, but it's not looking good. I'm not surprised, I've learned that you can expect snow up to May long weekend here so we've been fortunate to have none for the last couple of weeks. The temp was 11 yesterday morning and showing -1 this morning.

• lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    I went to a team meeting last night and my pre-planning really paid off. The snacks people had brought were potato chips and onion dip, and cheese/salami and crackers. So glad I had brought an Asian style salad and a bottle of sparkling water to fill up on. Stayed under my budgeted calories. NSV!
    Tonight my best friend (and drinking buddy) is coming over so I am determined to have my pre-planning pay off again. Weekends are really my downfall. This weekend I will keep it in check!

JFT 4/27/17
    Enjoy a family day- go to our grandson's baseball game, do some gardening/house chores with my husband
    Already pre-tracked my day at 1600 calories
    Reprogram irrigation system
    Enjoy healthy and yummy dinner
    No wine or snacks after dinner.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @clicketykeys - Is tonight the prom? Did you find your dress?

Tonight IS prom! Right now I'm hanging out at the Y in between classes and putzing around on here instead of working on my philosophy of ed paper. It's really not a good year for me to be working on it because I've been feeling really cynical about how my administration is treating me and so either it's going to be incredibly snarky or I'm going to have to lie my way through it and paste together a bunch of platitudes. Probably going to go for the latter because that's what'll get me the A. *sigh*

No, didn't find the dress I wanted, but I do have several that I can wear and I picked one I haven't worn... actually I think I haven't worn it since I was in the wedding that I got it for. (Bridesmaid gown.) But it's a lovely Cinderella blue and I have some clear rhinestone jewelry that will look nice with it, plus a silver lacy wrap. I'm not quite to the point of panicking over the missing skirts yet, since I only started looking for them a couple of days ago. I'm pretty sure they're around... somewhere...
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,263 Member
    For having a 7 hr drive yesterday I’ll take 8,581 steps as a win. Good choices were limited and none really healthy, but I kept the portions small.

Goals for today Saturday;
    Up and ready to leave the hotel by 6:30 😏 I was ready but it took us an extra 15min to get out.
    - 20,000 steps- it’s 3:30 and I have just over 17,000.
    - Be intentional about what I eat,.. so far I’ve had a banana and a funnel cake, but I thought about the funnel cake and chose to eat it rather than doing it just because I allow myself to have one a year. Gotta use it wisely.
    - Even dinner with good food in modest portions
    - Have no more than 3 drinks tonight
    - If we go to the movies, split the small popcorn instead of the large,

Positive thought: It is a beautiful day. Blue skies, wispy clouds, green hills surrounding a lovely lake with boats on the water. Nice way to spend the day watching my daughter race.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    JFT, 2/26/19

1. Go to the gym/Take a walk :D It was a day of thunderstorms and heavy rain. I barely left the house all day. Lol.
    2. Look up short story prompts :)I found several that look interesting. There's one that really piqued my interest. It's about a group of grandma's that escape a nursing home for the day and reek havoc. Lol.
    3. Spend some time writing :/But I did find a whole bunch of articles that I want to read from this one writing/self-publishing blog
    4. Make myself dinner :/Ordered take out
    5. Do the effing dishes!!! :'(There weren't enough to justify me doing them...stupid stupid excuse. Lol
    6. Bring the trash can back to the house :/Thunderstorms and heavy rain...couldn't be bothered.
    7. Run to the store :)It was only to the convenience store but I did it. Lol
    8. Call C :/I REALLY need to do this on Monday
    9. Call Gastro :)Going to pick up a script that we forgot on Monday.

Good afternoon everyone!

It's super late to be starting goals and things but I'll see what I can get accomplished in a little while. Matt has been able to work the last few days. It beats him up and his skin is pretty pale these days. But he can't just sit home anymore. He was supposed to go away next weekend with the men of our church but he doesn't think he's going to. He had asked off from work but they scheduled him anyway. But he's already missed so much work over the last two weeks plus there's no guarantee that he will actually be well enough to spend 6 hours in a car and be walking around a hilly campus all weekend. So that's a bummer but he understands.

It's been a terrible TERRIBLE food week for me. I think I finally rid the house of all the dastardly sugar from Easter. So now the only thing that has processed sugar in it is the frozen fruit bars in the freezer. We have a bunch of fruit and things but Matt is afraid to eat any of it in case the citric acid hurts his stomach. So I guess more for me then.

@Snowflake1968 I can actually start any day I want next week. So I'm probably going to start on Wednesday. I'm going to wait until Tuesday to pick an assignment though because I'm trying to get one that is at a school that my friend D works at. And most teachers don't put in their sub-requests until the day before, or so says D. Lol I would feel so much more comfortable if I knew there was someone in the school that I knew. Even if we didn't see each other at all. Lol.

Okay, onto goals for the rest of the day!

JFT, 4/27/19

1. Log all my food
    2. Bring back trashcan :)
    3. Put food in the crockpot :)
    4. Read 4 articles from my list
    5. Work on an outline for the short
    6. DISHES!!!!!!
    7. Gather dirty clothes to wash tomorrow
    8. Bed BEFORE midnight

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    @Snowflake1968 Thank you!

4/26/19 Fri.
    Weight:151 lbs.
    Stay in green :| Didn't track...
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water :)

JFT 4/27/19 Sat.
    Stay in green
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water
    Bed by midgnight
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    JFT 27/04/19

1. I'll come back here tonight to update :smiley: I’m here
    2. Log all food & drink :smiley:
    3. Take 5500 steps (done 3926 so far) :smiley:
    4. Make time to be mindful for me :smiley: completed a 20 min guided body scan
    5. Oh and get an early night. I've been promising myself this for weeks. :smiley: in bed right now with my audiobook ready

JFT 28/04/19 Sunday

1. I’ll come back here in the evening
    2. Log all food & drink
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Make time to be mindful for me
    5. Make a weekly meal plan - I haven’t done this properly before. I might see what I can find out about batch cooking.
    5. Buy fruit & veg for the next few days - for the meals I’ve planned :wink:
    6. Drop my daughters washing back at her flat in town

Anything else is a bonus. Have a good Sunday and see you tomorrow xx
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited April 2019
    Saturday 27 April

Thank you to everyone who sent good wishes for my retirement

Today my goal was to enjoy my first day of retirement. Tomorrow I will return to the usual goals!

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Congratulations!! @ZizzyBumble
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Good morning! I'm trying to stay positive but I can't help but feel discouraged. Even though I know I've made progress (I look different in the mirror and have gotten stronger) I haven't lost any actual weight or changed measurements in a month. My body is very salt sensitive and I do not eat accordingly (I looooove salt) so there could be some bloating, but I think I may need to tighten up a little. I should be finished with TOM in two weeks, so I guess that would be a good time to reassess.

@korina75 are you a realtor? My mom was one for many years and loved it. We are going to see endgame today, I CANNOT WAIT. Going to sneak in some healthy snacks lol 🤐

@Snowflake1968 I really really really hope you get this job, fingers and toes crossed 💖💖

Yesterday 4/26:

6. Stick to 3 slices of pizza😑 I ate 4, but fit it in my calories so I'm ok with it

JFT 4/27:

4. Do workout

Yesterday 4/26:

JFT 4/27:

4. Do workout

• Tessa2511
    Tessa2511 Posts: 4 Member
    This thread moves so fast it's hard to catch up, but thank you all for the inspiration!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT
    4/27
    Fill my water bottle twice today :/ Did not, but did try to drink water when I could. CRAZY DAY.
    30 minute workout-whatever my body/mind feel like :| Did about 20 minutes of a brisk walk. Will make it up tomorrow
    10000 steps :( Not even close
    Plan food for the day-lots of running around :( Did not plan but also didn't make terrible decisions so it's a wash
    Planned indulgence in the evening :) I made good choices all day so I could indulge this evening! I did, within reason, yay wine! And now I'm drinking water and heading to bed soon. In the red but not by much.
    spend qt with husband in evening :)

JFT
    4/28
    1 hour of exercise-in whatever form my body/mind needs
    10000 steps
    Mindful eating all meals/snacks
    cooking at home for all meals
    fill water bottle twice and drink it!
    QT time with children

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

Friday:
    1. weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. walk on at least one work break
    4. rest day--go for a walk outside
    5. no social eating at work
    6. drink 8+ C liquids
    7. get to sleep early
    8. deep cleaning at home

Saturday:
    1. weigh in
    2. finish housework
    3. swim a mile
    4. rest
    5. drink 8 + C liquids
    6. go to bed early
  • Elbee1
    Saturday 27 April

Thank you to everyone who sent good wishes for my retirement

Today my goal was to enjoy my first day of retirement. Tomorrow I will return to the usual goals!

Congratulations on your retirement!
    Way to go!!!
  • Elbee1
    4/27/19 Sat.
    Stay in green 🙁 but was very close!
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water 🙂 had 5.
    Bed by midnight. 🙁 but much closer!

JFT 4/28/19 sun
    Stay in green
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water
    Bed by midnight

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 28 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge

I know that, despite what the scales say, I did not put on 3 pounds in 2 days but I do need to get back to my goals!