Challenge Goal Weight:180

I'm excited to start!
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Welcome to All and Happy Spring!

Original Start Weight: 187.6
    Challenge Start Weight: 178.2
    Challenge Goal: 165

A positive thought for the week: I'm back in the right state of mind to do this
    Healthy snack or meal: Hardboiled eggs, string cheese, and fruit for lunch
    Best workout this week: Not yet

Comments: I have been a part of this group for about a year and a half. I've been the "leader" of the group for about 10 months of that time. And not a very good example to you all! But here's what I've learned.....

I was doing great when I first started out, because my mind was focused, I tracked my food every day, weighed in each week and was making good progress (I lost 16 pounds). Then we moved across country, I lost focus and pretty much ate whatever I wanted and didn't track anything. For the last session I put up the weigh-ins for you each week, but my attitude was kind "meh" and as a result, I gained back 13 pounds. That's right 13!!!. By getting back on track, this last week, I lost about 5 pounds (and yes, I know its mostly water but its a start).

Anyway, my head appears to be back in the game and my lessons learned are:
    1) Log my food every day! No log, I'm a hog.
    2) Plan my meals if I can. If I already know what I'm supposed to eat, I'm less likely to pick up something random and eat it.
    3) Weigh regularly. For me, that's every morning.
    4) Touch base with the group - even if I don't make a comment, I need to read and "like" frequently.

So, that's where I am. Welcome to Spring! Have a great day and a great week!

Carol
  • irishsox12
    irishsox12 Posts: 18 Member
    Start Weight: 162.4
    Challenge Start Weight: 160.8
    Challenge Goal Weight: 150.0
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 210 Member
    Start Weight: 260.0 (Jan. 2014)
    Challenge Start Weight: 242.0
    Challenge Goal Weight: 235.0

I've got the most stressful finishing grad thesis work and traveling for presentation weeks ahead of me. I don't even know what will be or where I'll be after that. So just treading water, fitting in desk bike for TV break treat, and keeping my sanity.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Original Start Weight: 93.4kg
    Challenge Start Weight: 78.1kg
    Challenge Goal: 66kg

A positive thought for the week: If I stick to this process I will be at goal weight in only 5 months.
    Healthy snack or meal: licorice
    Best workout this week: exercycle, run, yoga/pilates, walking... Can't wait to be able to go back to muay Thai.

Comments: 4 weeks post partum and already ahead in what I can do in terms of exercise, c sec ain't so bad.
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    Starting weight 165
    Current weight 162.1
    Goal weight 130

I lost 4 pounds my first week on mfp about 2 weeks ago but gained a pound back. (Blame it on my eating too much on Easter!)
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Original Start Weight: 196
    Challenge Start Weight: 188.9
    Challenge Goal: 175
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Starting weight 165
    Current weight 162.1
    Goal weight 130

I lost 4 pounds my first week on mfp about 2 weeks ago but gained a pound back. (Blame it on my eating too much on Easter!)

That's ok, I had a virgin margarita last nite with a friend (totally not on my diet) and jumped up 2 pounds overnight! Oops! (3496 mg of salt in a margarita per MFP). Live and learn.

Keep at it!
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Original start weight: 158
    Challenge Start Weight: 134
    Challenge Goal: 130 and sub-35 min 5k

I’m back and crossing my fingers for no set backs this challenge! Would like to shift a few more pounds to give me a bit of extra breathing room in my jeans, but want to focus more on fitness - knock a couple of minutes off my current 5k time but also manage to actually run 5k every time and not stop early in 3 out of 4 attempts.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member

I’m back and crossing my fingers for no set backs this challenge! Would like to shift a few more pounds to give me a bit of extra breathing room in my jeans, but want to focus more on fitness - knock a couple of minutes off my current 5k time but also manage to actually run 5k every time and not stop early in 3 out of 4 attempts.

Have you tried doing some sprint sets? They are great for boosting your overall running speed and cardio.
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member

Have you tried doing some sprint sets? They are great for boosting your overall running speed and cardio.

I did something similar when I was running 6 or so years ago, not sure it was officially but I used the c25k app but with jog/run intervals rather than walk/run. Got me to a 32min 5k, but then life and ill health got in the way. At the moment though I think I need to be able to consistently get the full 5k in, so working on duration rather than speed at the moment. I also haven’t had enough opportunities each week to put the effort in, was much easier to improve when I could fit in 3 or 4 sessions a week, struggling at the moment to fit in 2.