Random acts of kindness and gratitude

Replies

• rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    As for someone doing something nice for me or complimenting, I’m always super self conscious when I’m out. Just very insecure of how I look. Whether I look fat, or etc. So whenever someone gives me a compliment, I’m always like in a cloud of happiness. No one really knows how happy it makes me
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    @tinkerhellraiser I see the love you send me. Thank you. ❤️
  • Mm2Hh7
    Mm2Hh7 Posts: 1,673 Member
    When I was 16 and pregnant one of my high school teachers threw me a surprise baby shower in class one day. It was the kindest, most supportive gesture. So many adults were so rude to me at that of my life, it meant a lot to have someone go out of their way to show support and love to me. So to my grade 11 Foods teacher who will never read this: Thank You! ❤️
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Mm2Hh7 wrote: »
    When I was 16 and pregnant one of my high school teachers threw me a surprise baby shower in class one day. It was the kindest, most supportive gesture. So many adults were so rude to me at that of my life, it meant a lot to have someone go out of their way to show support and love to me. So to my grade 11 Foods teacher who will never read this: Thank You! ❤️

This is one of the sweetest things I’ve heard in a long time. What a gem, that lady is.
  • rickiimarieee

This is amazing! Aren’t you a teacher now? Is that what made you want to become a teacher?
  • rickiimarieee
    My neighbour cooks for me quite often. She gave me a key to her garage fridge and she leaves a note on my door when there is food for me. There really isn’t words to explain her, she’s just an incredible person and I’m really lucky to have gotten to know her. She knows I’m very busy and tries to help with food and I’ve never asked, she just does. Recently my son was inches from being attacked by mean dog that broke lose. I couldn’t get to my son in time he was on his scooter and already at our house and I was walking about 5-6 hours away. This lady jumped in front of my son and protected him from a 100+ lb Rottweiler. She got hurt, but not too badly, she was okay. I really don’t want to think what could have happened, I’m just really thankful for her.

This is amazing. I’m so glad there’s good people still around!
  • Mm2Hh7
    My neighbour cooks for me quite often. She gave me a key to her garage fridge and she leaves a note on my door when there is food for me. There really isn’t words to explain her, she’s just an incredible person and I’m really lucky to have gotten to know her. She knows I’m very busy and tries to help with food and I’ve never asked, she just does. Recently my son was inches from being attacked by a mean dog that broke loose. I couldn’t get to my son in time he was on his scooter and already at our house and I was walking about 5-6 houses away. This lady jumped in front of my son and protected him from a 100+ lb Rottweiler. She got hurt, but not too badly, she was okay. I really don’t want to think what could have happened, I’m just really thankful for her.

Love this! What an amazing neighbour
  • Mm2Hh7

This is amazing! Aren’t you a teacher now? Is that what made you want to become a teacher?

:) I am an educational assistant. No...that’s a long story that I won’t bore anyone with
  • rickiimarieee

:) I am an educational assistant. No...that’s a long story that I won’t bore anyone with

Either way it’s a great story 💜
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    I've been hosting a neighborhood perennial exchange for the past four years. Just hosted it last weekend. I love to garden, but it can get expensive buying plants. I invite people to bring their "extras" and trade them for specimens they might not have yet. Several people asked if they can buy plants because they had nothing to trade. I was able to give them plants for free between things I'd dug up from my own yard and extras that others had donated. Love to spread the gardening love around to others, especially people who are just starting out.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    To the stranger who said I look lovely in my white summer dress: you, sir, know how to give a compliment. It made me feel pretty. Thank you.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Your More then Welcome :)
  • Mm2Hh7
    We had a house fire when I was 14. It was 3 days before Christmas. I lost all of my belongings and we were displaced from our home for weeks. We had so many kind families open their homes to us for a meal, or even to stay. One family gave us an envelope with cash...
    That was 24 years ago and I still remember every person who helped me and my family at that time. It meant so much to me. Small acts of kindness suddenly become huge when you have nothing. ❤️
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Someone has done something nice, or has been thoughtful, and made a positive impact in your life at one point.

Take a moment here to express appreciation for someone meaningful to you.
    Give an unexpected compliment.
    Say something nice to a friend, or a stranger
    Make someone's day a little nicer with a kind message here.

A big thanku too for your contribution to making ppl happy. Not only to me but many others. It's really helps ppl to be themselves. We all have lived different lives.
    Never know how hard we each have had it. Thanku again, u are much appreciated!🌝👍
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    I love a good RAK
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    I’m thankful for the teachers that inspired and believed in my son throughout the years. Inspiring him to grow on his abilities rather than focusing on his limitations. He wouldn’t believe in himself the way he does today if it wasn’t for you.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I love a good RAK

I appreciate this comment
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    I love a good RAK

This would of been more appreciated in the weakness for the opposite gender thread.