Who wants to slim down for the summer with me? let's motivate each other

Replies

• MichaelK1007
    MichaelK1007 Posts: 136 Member
    Do people on here know that a Woo is not a good thing.
  • dianabn70
    dianabn70 Posts: 10 Member
    I’m in...want to lose 20
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    edited April 2019
    Motivation and support are great,
    My winter has been lazy with too many carbs!!
    I’m a daily logger with open diary
    Just hit my 100 days in a row
  • MichaelK1007
    My progress so far. Just finished my 8th week of a cut and have 4 more weeks to go. Still trying to lose those last few lbs for summer. No more cheat days and meals for me. Someone keep me accountable.mylpadlbdppy.jpeg
  • beth4real
    beth4real Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all. I am new to using the community so please forgive me if I don’t quite get how it all works yet. I’ve used MFP for years on and off and successfully lost weight with it quite a few times before and after I had a baby. My weight has always fluctuated but as I get older it gets harder to shift?! Cruelty! I am getting so demotivated by trying and failing again and again lately so am feeling a little downtrodden but committed to getting back in my favourite clothes and feeling fit and proud of myself for having done what I wanted to do. I’d like to find an approach that is sustainable too so I stop yo-yoing - can’t be good for health right?! Plus I don’t want my daughter worrying about weight like I do as she grows up (but the world isn’t helping me out here is it?!) Any and all tips welcome but my plan is to track/stick to set calories on here everyday and make sure I get some good physical activity everyday eg brisk walking with a couple of cardio sessions too. Good luck everyone I hope you have a good week. Xx
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member

Nope, I think people assume it's a "woohoo," and MFP could probably have chosen a less confusing negative flag because I've seen a lot of woos on posts where I'm sure they're trying to be supportive. BTW, you're doing great on your cut! If you only have a month to go, maybe post here for daily accountability? Something quick like whether you stuck to your eating plan.
  • Hilogirl2018
    edited April 2019
    Hi, new people! I've been away on vacation and this little group is growing, yay! More folks to cheer for!
    3/11 157.8
    3/18 156.6. (-1.2 lbs)
    3/25 154.8 (-1.8 lbs)
    4/01 156 (+1.2)
    4/08 155.2 (-.08)
    4/15 152.8 (-2.4)
    4/22 ON VACATION, NO SCALE
    4/29 149.6 (-3.2)

Total challenge weight loss: 8.2 lbs
    *But I'm 147.8 today, so hoping next week's weigh-in is dramatically awesome!

Note: I'm starting a month of keto as of yesterday, so no calorie cycling, though it may happen naturally because when I did keto in the past, it really reduced my appetite. Calorie cycling and sticking to my minimum step goal worked great on vacation and I maintained.

Goal weight for this challenge: 137
  • aklharris
    aklharris Posts: 6 Member
    I'm 159 and down roughly 3lbs since 30th March.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    mkgoodson1007 wrote: »

We used Woo when we could not believe something or it was like Wow really! for example "I ate a whole family size bag of chips" my response would be "Woo". Is that how it is used here also?
  • MichaelK1007

Nope, I think people assume it's a "woohoo," and MFP could probably have chosen a less confusing negative flag because I've seen a lot of woos on posts where I'm sure they're trying to be supportive. BTW, you're doing great on your cut! If you only have a month to go, maybe post here for daily accountability? Something quick like whether you stuck to your eating plan.

Thanks Hilogirl. I try to log everything I eat and if I go over I try to post something on my wall. Maybe I should update here as well. And woo means “you think and idea or approach is too good to be true”
  • Hilogirl2018
    @mkgoodson1007 I always figured it was negative because my association with woo is "woo science"- basically what you said- but this is an international community and who knows if that term has any meaning outside the U.S. I guess MFP decided Boo would be too harsh lol.
  • kelagurl
    kelagurl Posts: 52 Member
    I have been lurking this thread for a couple days... I am joining! I am basically maintaining at this point. I signed up at a local gym and this year I am not letting my $ go to waste (aka: not going). I went last night, didn't make it today bc work travel... but I'm gonna do a PopSugar workout from Youtube shortly.
  • etolv
    etolv Posts: 48 Member
    Weekly update: 17 pounds down, total

March 11 - 184 (starting weight)
    March 18 - 181 (-3)
    March 25 - 179 (-2)
    April 1 - 176 (-3)
    April 8 - 174 (-2)
    April 15 - 172 (-2)
    April 22 - 169 (-3)
    April 29 - 167 (-2)
    May 6 - 167 (-0) - no change this week. I blame Cinco de Mayo festivities and tacos :)
  • AdrienneB1111
    AdrienneB1111 Posts: 11 Member
    Two steps forward, one step back. I totally deserved this week’s weight gain (1.4 lbs). Didn’t track for the weekend while I was in a three day workshop and too many cheets. This week I go back to diligence and staying on track.
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Posts: 935 Member

Some say it is a good thing...some people say it's the equivalent of reporting someone for inappropriate behavior...idk🤯
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Posts: 935 Member
    Angie_AK wrote: »
    I am frankly getting tired of this vicious cycle of weight loss in the summer/weight gain in the winter every damn year, but alas I failed to maintain my weight yet again this winter. Planning to lose about 20 lbs by summer. This time I want to keep it off. Who's down?

I'm sooo in!🏃‍♀️🚴‍♀️🤽‍♀️🤸‍♀️
  • Lina_workout
    Lina_workout Posts: 11 Member
    Im in! First day here and I need friends to keep me motivated. I also need to lose 10 - 15 lbs!

Would it be easier to invite each other on here?
  • Hilogirl2018
    edited May 2019
    Hi, all! Things are going well.
    3/11 157.8
    3/18 156.6. (-1.2 lbs)
    3/25 154.8 (-1.8 lbs)
    4/01 156 (+1.2)
    4/08 155.2 (-.08)
    4/15 152.8 (-2.4)
    4/22 ON VACATION, NO SCALE
    4/29 149.6 (-3.2)
    5/1 145.6 (-4)

Total challenge weight loss: 12.2 lbs
    Note: One week into a month of keto, and as predicted, it's really reduced my appetite. Still doing IF, but even easier now.

Goal weight for this challenge: 137
    Lbs to reach GW: 8.6
  • Hilogirl2018
    Im in! First day here and I need friends to keep me motivated. I also need to lose 10 - 15 lbs!

Would it be easier to invite each other on here?

@nihlina6646 You can request anyone you'd like! I am happy to add you.