• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Spoilers!

You've been warned.

s4r7pb30e1zq.jpg
  • cee134
    edited April 2019
    I can't believe AntMan didn't do the trick.... it would of worked.

Also, thank you Marvel for spoiling your own movie by announcing a Spiderman movie before End Game was released.

Aren't they making a Black Widow Movie? I am not really big into prequels.

I think the biggest shock was no Adam Warlock. I thought they alluded to him in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (did some reading and it's actually for The Eternals, Marvel's next big installment). I still haven't seen Captain Marvel, and kind of wished I did before seeing End Game but it didn't seem that important as I knew the character was going to be around.
  • cee134
    ghafi5kd18x4.jpg
  • cee134
    kk3iwrv4i010.jpg
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,555 Member
    cee134 wrote: »

Also, thank you Marvel for spoiling your own movie by announcing a Spiderman movie before End Game was released.

I think the biggest shock was no Adam Warlock. I thought they alluded to him in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (did some reading and it's actually for The Eternals, Marvel's next big installment). I still haven't seen Captain Marvel, and kind of wished I did before seeing End Game but it didn't seem that important as I knew the character was going to be around.

I’d call captain marvel nonessential reading for this one
  • cee134

I figured, however, I think it would of been more awesome if I was more familiar with her powers. I also didn't recognize her some at the beginning of the movie when she was in normal clothes.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member

I figured, however, I think it would of been more awesome if I was more familiar with her powers. I also didn't recognize her some at the beginning of the movie when she was in normal clothes.

I think the mos relevant part of the Captain Marvel movie for Endgame was the post credits scene (which was made available online by Marvel). (Minor Spoiler)

It shows her showing up in modern day after the thanos snap to respond to Fury's hail. So you saw how she got there to be part of the team. Without it, she kind of just shows up randomly in Endgame and you're like "how'd she get there."

But I overall agree it wasn't super essential for Endgame. It just gave more excitement for the times her character showed up. I felt like overall Endgame handled her right. Enough time to showcase her awesomeness and to set her up as key for the next phase. But not so much that she took focus away from the original 6 Avengers, who this story was always about.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Eh, it was fun. The biggest highlight for me was the Cheetos popcorn. I would watch it again on pay per view.
  • cee134
    MikePTY wrote: »

I think the mos relevant part of the Captain Marvel movie for Endgame was the post credits scene (which was made available online by Marvel). (Minor Spoiler)

It shows her showing up in modern day after the thanos snap to respond to Fury's hail. So you saw how she got there to be part of the team. Without it, she kind of just shows up randomly in Endgame and you're like "how'd she get there."

But I overall agree it wasn't super essential for Endgame. It just gave more excitement for the times her character showed up. I felt like overall Endgame handled her right. Enough time to showcase her awesomeness and to set her up as key for the next phase. But not so much that she took focus away from the original 6 Avengers, who this story was always about.

I actually figured she got the page, just didn't know they had a scene for it. So I wasn't surprised when she was there, I just didn't know she was replacing Adam Warlock's role. Also, I know they gave her an excuse to not be around but she should of been around anyway, as stopping Thanos would trump what she was doing.

• cee134
    What did you all think of Capt's choice to pass the shield? I think it makes sense and was a good choice.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    What did you all think of Capt's choice to pass the shield? I think it makes sense and was a good choice.

I liked it. I think most were expecting him to pass the shield to Bucky, but I think the films have done more to set up Falcon as the type of person who is a worthy heir to the Captain America mantle.

Of all the shows they are releasing on the new Disney+ service, it is the Bucky and Falcon show that I am most excited for.
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    My son and I saw it last night. I really enjoyed it.
  • InkgirlKC
    @cee134 wrote: »

We talked about that. What made Captain American different from all others was the serum they injected him with. His replacement does not have that so how will they address that issue?
  • cee134
    InkgirlKC wrote: »

We talked about that. What made Captain American different from all others was the serum they injected him with. His replacement does not have that so how will they address that issue?

It is straight out of Marvel Comics history and also there have been a couple Captain Americas.

But for the Marvel Cinematic Universe:

Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan will co-star in a series about the Winter Soldier and the Falcon, distributed on the upcoming streaming platform, Disney Plus.

So that will be interesting. And Disney/Marvel already said they will tell stories only on Disney Plus, that will link to the new Marvel movies in the future.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    3000 :'(
  • InkgirlKC

It is straight out of Marvel Comics history and also there have been a couple Captain Americas.

Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan will co-star in a series about the Winter Soldier and the Falcon, distributed on the upcoming streaming platform, Disney Plus.

So that will be interesting. And Disney/Marvel already said they will tell stories only on Disney Plus, that will link to the new Marvel movies in the future.

I am not familiar with the comics but I have heard from several people that the movies stay somewhat true to them, which I am sure pleases the comic fans. Do the comics have someone else stepping into the Iron Man suit? Maybe the boy from Iron Man 3?
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    I saw it last night. OK movie, entertaining. I would have liked a better ending to the saga. I am not a comic book junkie I just like them for pure entertainment. Some good one-liners for sure.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member

I am not familiar with the comics but I have heard from several people that the movies stay somewhat true to them, which I am sure pleases the comic fans. Do the comics have someone else stepping into the Iron Man suit? Maybe the boy from Iron Man 3?

iirc, rhodes was iron man for a spell before becoming war machine. i think happy hogan was on/off and i'm thinking march someone...was a boxer...damn 90s killed my memory lol.