Avengers: Endgame

13»

Replies

• thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    What did you all think of Capt's choice to pass the shield? I think it makes sense and was a good choice.

in the comics it was bucky, but i was fine with it. i've long ago had to reconcile my love for the comics vs the mcu :smile:
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    InkgirlKC wrote: »
    InkgirlKC wrote: »
    @cee134 wrote: »
    What did you all think of Capt's choice to pass the shield? I think it makes sense and was a good choice.

We talked about that. What made Captain American different from all others was the serum they injected him with. His replacement does not have that so how will they address that issue?

It is straight out of Marvel Comics history and also there have been a couple Captain Americas.

But for the Marvel Cinematic Universe:

Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan will co-star in a series about the Winter Soldier and the Falcon, distributed on the upcoming streaming platform, Disney Plus.

So that will be interesting. And Disney/Marvel already said they will tell stories only on Disney Plus, that will link to the new Marvel movies in the future.

I am not familiar with the comics but I have heard from several people that the movies stay somewhat true to them, which I am sure pleases the comic fans. Do the comics have someone else stepping into the Iron Man suit? Maybe the boy from Iron Man 3?

I don't know the comics that well, just what I read in articles. They could really go any way at this point. But they are starting a bunch of new series, so from what I can tell, the Avengers are basically done for now. They are going to focus mostly on the new characters and continue with some of the others as singular stories, which they may make relate to the bigger stories they are going to tell (which are Shang-Chi and Eternals). It's too early to know right now.

Not including the TV shows:

What Marvel movies will come after Avengers: Endgame?
    Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 2, 2019)
    Spider-Man 3 (TBD)
    Doctor Strange 2 (TBD)
    Captain Marvel 2 (TBD)
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (TBD)
    Shang-Chi (TBD)
    Eternals (TBD)
    Ms. Marvel (TBD)

You've Seen Avengers: Endgame. Here's What Happens Next in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
    http://time.com/5576491/avengers-endgame-marvel-cinematic-universe-future/
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited April 2019
    thanos5 wrote: »

in the comics it was bucky, but i was fine with it. i've long ago had to reconcile my love for the comics vs the mcu :smile:

Bucky makes more sense from a practical angle because he also has been injected with a super serum. But the movies didn't really do enough to set him up from a moral center perspective as they have with Falcon.
  • cee134

It looks like they are making him White Wolf, and in the comics The Falcon also becomes Captain America at one point.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »

I liked it. I think most were expecting him to pass the shield to Bucky, but I think the films have done more to set up Falcon as the type of person who is a worthy heir to the Captain America mantle.

Of all the shows they are releasing on the new Disney+ service, it is the Bucky and Falcon show that I am most excited for.

I’m excited for Wanda vision (stupid name)

Because
    You know

Vision
  • CaptainFantastic01

It was also Sam, Sam is currently captain America In the comics
  • cee134

I liked it. I think most were expecting him to pass the shield to Bucky, but I think the films have done more to set up Falcon as the type of person who is a worthy heir to the Captain America mantle.

Of all the shows they are releasing on the new Disney+ service, it is the Bucky and Falcon show that I am most excited for.

Because
    You know

Vision

They seem to name the TV show after the character(s)

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
    WandaVision
    Loki
    Untitled Hawkeye series

and

Marvel’s What If…?

In March 2019, it was reported that an animated series based on Marvel Comics' What If comic book series was coming to Disney+. Each episode will examine a different crucial moment in the MCU's history and explore different outcomes. The series is expected to debut within the first year of the streaming service.
  • CaptainFantastic01

Because
    You know

Vision

WandaVision
    Loki
    Untitled Hawkeye series

and

Marvel’s What If…?

In March 2019, it was reported that an animated series based on Marvel Comics' What If comic book series was coming to Disney+. Each episode will examine a different crucial moment in the MCU's history and explore different outcomes. The series is expected to debut within the first year of the streaming service.

I’m stoked for what if too, but what about Wanda and Vision? What about vision and scarlet witch? So many better options
  • cee134

Because
    You know

Vision

WandaVision
    Loki
    Untitled Hawkeye series

and

Marvel’s What If…?

I’m stoked for what if too, but what about Wanda and Vision? What about vision and scarlet witch? So many better options

Well WitchVision would make no sense and VisionWanda is just silly. ScarletVision might be ok, VisionWitch is neat. Wanda and the Machine could be good also.
  • Theranos
    Theranos Posts: 77 Member
    Nebula caring for Tony in the Benatar....that got me!
  • Theranos
    Theranos Posts: 77 Member
    We need a Korg and Meek adventure series :)