Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Despite my screw up two days ago, I have reached a new lowest adult weight. This morning, I weighed 161.8 pounds. That is a 60.2 lb loss since October1, 2018. I only have 56 more to shed and I am determined to reach that goal, no matter what.

I have decided that my reward for reaching the final goal will be a leather jacket. I've always wanted one but could never get one that would fit my arms. Even those are shrinking now.

On another note, @suzu_2 I met Dave Brown at a concert in Jackson last night. Had a really great chat with him about his cousin who was also my uncle by marriage. Dave is definitely as hansome, elegant, and gracious in person as he ever was on tv.

For those outside our area, Dave was in broadcasting for 54 years. 38 years of that was spent as chief meteorologist at WMC-TV in Memphis. He also co-hosted Saturday Morning Wrestling and did numerous commercials for his and other local businesses. He is so very nice!

SW 222
    CW 161.8
    GW 150 by June 1
    UGW 105
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday
    I am back ! Just didn’t feel like dieting and took a week+ off
    Started back at it today. I was able to get a bike ride in and feeling upbeat again

Suzu I love your booth! You inspire me down the road. Keep pics coming!

I’ve got to catch up with all posts. Hope this week is “NICE “ to us all!
    Birdie
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,838 Member
    Options

Hey Girls~~

Just checking back in.....

Tracy in Tenesseee - OMG Congratulations on your milestone!
    You know, Tenessee is not all that far from NC or Kentucky (family). I might threaten to come and see you so you and I can do Cabana Boy Auditions... Ok , so I have a warped sense of humor.

Hey Sara, how has your Sunday been? Have you gotten some peace and quiet and rest?

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday afternoon was not fun at all. We seem to have a very slow leak in a car tire. When I left for work, I checked and it looked fine. Got a few miles down the road and it was definitely NOT fine! Loud noise, burning rubber...I live on a Hwy... it is only 2 lanes, no shoulders, lots of curves and hills...I finally had no choice but to pull over, into grass. Thankfully, I had 2 wonderful men right behind me. They pulled up right behind and, were gun ho to change tire. It was a bit tricky, as I had to pull more off the road to a somewhat flat area and the ground was a bit soft from the 2 days of rain we had. Turned out, DH (who called when I text about flat tire) knew the younger guy (think it was father and son) They worked really well, really quick and got it changed in pretty good time... They refused money... They were genuine good people. That doesn't happen very often, anymore. So grateful for them!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Tracey- wow! How exciting for you! You are doing so awesome! Congrats!

Sara- hope you got some rest! Hope test results come back good...

Lana- get you a little traveling partner and just head out on the road!

Suzu- love your booth! Good luck!

Melissa- welcome! Stop by when you can!

Birdie- welcome back! Nothing wrong with taking a break!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    7297 total steps.

Phone is charging. Not something I use much - but need to make sure it is working for tomorrow. Rolling eyes.

Got a nice little nap in. Easy to do when one is curled up with dog on a warm but not hot day.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hey Girls~~

Just checking back in.....

Tracy in Tenesseee - OMG Congratulations on your milestone!
    You know, Tenessee is not all that far from NC or Kentucky (family). I might threaten to come and see you so you and I can do Cabana Boy Auditions... Ok , so I have a warped sense of humor.

Hey Sara, how has your Sunday been? Have you gotten some peace and quiet and rest?

Lana

Thank you! And thank you too, Dawn! My work is far from complete, but I am pleased.

Come on over, Lana! We'll find some good ole farm boys to work the Cabana.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, Up 0.6 ate a little too much in sweets this weekend.

Eye appointment this morning. I have a strange list of symptoms and fearing the worst... eyes dilated so will not be driving. Trying out Lyft/uber for the first time.

This is the morning where things break, fall apart or I forgot to fix or wash. Moving upwards from here.

Wave to all who follow. Will check in later when I can.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Monday
    - Morning all!! Beautiful day! Twiley, GREAT news on the new milestone!! You have really done so well. Inspiring. Yep, Dave Brown is a neat guy. I don't know him, but my husband does and says that he is a genuinely nice person.
    Lana, when you cruise over to see Twiley the two of you can just swing on down to Memphis and we will enjoy some Memphis in May fun!
    - Arniedog - Yikes! sorry about the tire, but so glad you had good guys behind you.
    - Morning Birdie! Glad you are back. We were just asking about you. Sometimes you have to have a break. I am having so much fun with that little booth!! Found a beautiful little lady's writing desk yesterday and dropped that off. Don't have a picture, but will try to snap one before it sells. The white door looking things in the left back corner of that picture are old wooden side panels from church doors. Hand forged square nails. Beautiful patina.

I have to run, but waves to all - Happy Monday!!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Suzu - LOVE the booth - you did a great job.
    Sara - good luck today...will be thinking about you - glad you are getting eyes checked.
    Tracey - CONGRATS!!!!
    Mcat - welcome
    Birdie, Lana, Dawn and all else Hello!
    Lynn
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello @Mcat34 ! Are you a cat person like your username suggests? I'm outnumbered by dogmoms (I am a part time dogaunt) here so hit me up if you are a fellow crazy cat person in training.

So this is test because MyFitnessPal has logged me out of the main site but I'm still logged in on the community board??? Weird. I have made 2 other accounts during the long period of time that I've had MFP but went back to my original because well it's very motivating to see my original weight as a freshman in college, 160 which I thought was "big" but is now my goal weight ahaha.

What email is it attached to? What the password? It should be this? I don't remember changing it? These are the questions plaguing me...

So do any of you have ADHD/ADD or know someone who does? I have ADHD and was on and off medication till mid first college degree. I've been pretty wary about going back on it because I never ate and my sleep was disrupted while on it, these issues just doesn't jive with my health goals. But, being back in school and talking with my doctor I may go back on it. Good thing is you now have to be referred to a mental health professional to be prescribed it so hey that kills two birds with one stone.

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Friday 2802 steps
    Sat 8083 steps
    Sun 2649 steps
    Had bad sinus headache last week and over the weekend. Still waiting for antibiotics to kick in and get rid of sinus infection. This week starts both of the MFP challenges I joined. Will have to get up and on my feet to keep steps/activity up!
    Suzu - wow. that was a lot of work but the booth looks great!
    Sara - good luck with the lyft/uber. i have many friends who use those all the time and love the service. hope the eye tests goes well.
    Dawn - good to know there are good people out there that actually stop and help!
    Twiley - you go girl!! that leather jacket is waiting for you!
    Marsel - please share some of those sorbet/froyo recipes. i have a churn i need to put to use when warmer weather hits!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello All~~

I've been under the weather today, so this is just a quick check in.

*flopping in a hammock to sleep*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Not done with walking but eyes are still dilated do living in dark at the moment. Got letter I need plus own homework for eyestrain. bbl
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    6007 total steps, not bad as I spent most of the afternoon inside - it took 6 hours for my eyes to right themselves.

Time for one more dog outing and then lights out.

Wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Eye exam has homework for me as well, I need to wear my glasses and put computer screen in place so I can wear them (until resources are provided) and look away from screen every 30 minutes for a half minute to 1 minute.

Today is car after lunch - that by comparison is easy.

Had a dark chocolate bar yesterday when I got home, so now to move forwards and walk more.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking at work
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    Got home yesterday and sweet Mr. Mick had cut the yard, mulched the beds, and put (yet another) load of 12 bags of dirt in the raised beds. So far lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, basil, fennel, squash, cucumbers, and watermelons up and looking good. Green beans, peas, okra, and radishes planted. Meyer lemon tree loaded in blooms - got 13 lemons last year, but you can never tell. Lemon blooms smell so good! He is a big help since he retired and most days I can't wait to join him.
    I've been pretty active, but my eating is not under control right now and I'm not having much luck reigning it in.
    Have a great day all!! ... Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning everybody~~

Suzu - that is some garden you have. Good for you! Mr. Mick is a hero

Sara - Hang in there with the whole eye business. I want to say more, but the right words aren't coming to me. Hugs on that stuff. Yes, the car is easy in comparison all the eye activity.

Today will be all about getting ready to up to New York for 1.5 weeks. I am visiting with my cousin upstate, then one week in Manhattan for doctors appointments etc. Yick.

Waves to all who swing by later on~~

Lana

245.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Suzu - wow I agree great garden! Mine is partly in - planted potatoes and lettuce and broccoli (: cool weather crops yet here in WI.
    Sara - i am sending you hugs as well. That does not sound all peaches and cream with your eyes!
    Lana - hello - you are a busy girl!
    Not much new here today - lurking.
  • Mcat34
    Mcat34 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello @Mcat34 ! Are you a cat person like your username suggests? I'm outnumbered by dogmoms (I am a part time dogaunt) here so hit me up if you are a fellow crazy cat person in training.

So this is test because MyFitnessPal has logged me out of the main site but I'm still logged in on the community board??? Weird. I have made 2 other accounts during the long period of time that I've had MFP but went back to my original because well it's very motivating to see my original weight as a freshman in college, 160 which I thought was "big" but is now my goal weight ahaha.

What email is it attached to? What the password? It should be this? I don't remember changing it? These are the questions plaguing me...

So do any of you have ADHD/ADD or know someone who does? I have ADHD and was on and off medication till mid first college degree. I've been pretty wary about going back on it because I never ate and my sleep was disrupted while on it, these issues just doesn't jive with my health goals. But, being back in school and talking with my doctor I may go back on it. Good thing is you now have to be referred to a mental health professional to be prescribed it so hey that kills two birds with one stone.

Hey! I do have a beautiful gray cat. Feel free to add me as a friend for support and motivation! I still have to figure out how to add friends on here lol