Gaining Weight Females Group

Replies

• lilygarcia3
    lilygarcia3 Posts: 22 Member
    How did you do it? I struggle with weight gain and have tried building muscle at the gym but I see no changes. I even got a personal trainer. It’s been months. I think I might be doing something wrong. I’m so insecure with my body.
  • gabriellevear
    gabriellevear Posts: 2 Member
    I’d like to gain muscle I’m very lean and also vascular which I absolutely hate. What’s everyone’s macro and interms of fat what is minimum amount per day.
  • klayne81
    klayne81 Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2019
    I just found this!! I am so excited about it. I get so much flack from others for wanting to gain. I am 5'9" currently 123 lbs. I have only gained 13 in a year. Ugh recently got a trainer to help with bulking and work out plan
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Hey, I’m 5’2 and 123 lbs . I been trying to gain weight. I’m barely making any progress. Went from 120-123. I drink protein shakes everyday and 3 meals. I do a good 2100 calories a day normally. But idk what else to do. My goal is 135. If anyone have any advice that would be great.

You obviously need more than 2100 calories. I need around 2300 just to maintain.
    Are you weighing and logging your food accurately and also logging your exercise?

Yes I’m logging my stuff accurately. I pretty much scan everything. It’s obvious that I need more calories that’s why I asked for advice (i.e type of food, workout etc). I said usually 2100 but it’s between 2100-2300 depending on what I eat.

Yes fair enough and sorry! But you said, you generally eat around 2100 and "didn't know what else to do"
    It's actually not that hard to bump up your calories by another couple of hundred - there's a post at the top of this forum called Are you a hard gainer, which gives a pretty full list of calorie dense food and that's what you need.
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    klayne81 wrote: »
    I just found this!! I am so excited about it. I get so much flack from others for wanting to gain. I am 5'9" currently 123 lbs. I have only gained 13 in a year. Ugh recently got a trainer to help with bulking and work out plan

Girl tell me about it. How many times I've heard "here, have mine." 🙄
  • chume_dixon
    chume_dixon Posts: 1 Member
    Hi just curious...what is the purpose of the "woo" button under comments? I'm on a weight gain journey too btw.
  • preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    How did you do it? I struggle with weight gain and have tried building muscle at the gym but I see no changes. I even got a personal trainer. It’s been months. I think I might be doing something wrong. I’m so insecure with my body.

I don't go to the gym. I exercise at home using no equipment. But am gaining weight because am a calorie surplus.
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Hi just curious...what is the purpose of the "woo" button under comments? I'm on a weight gain journey too btw.

It basically means "you just said some crazy sh*"
  • Lyon2019
    Lyon2019 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone, I’m new here, I want to add weight I’m way too skinny
  • cjacy88
    cjacy88 Posts: 1 Member
    Lyon2019 wrote: »

I have the same problem, my daily goal is a bit over 7000kj to gain .25kg a week, but it's a stretch just to get in the 6000+kj range. I'm not really after a toned body or anything, I don't really work out. I really just want to gain a bit more weight so I can feel healthier, but I feel like im not educated enough in healthy eating to know how to gain weight properly.
  • preciousleks
    For females who want to gain weight.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    cjacy88 wrote: »
    Lyon2019 wrote: »

I have the same problem, my daily goal is a bit over 7000kj to gain .25kg a week, but it's a stretch just to get in the 6000+kj range. I'm not really after a toned body or anything, I don't really work out. I really just want to gain a bit more weight so I can feel healthier, but I feel like im not educated enough in healthy eating to know how to gain weight properly.

As long as you're getting sufficient protein and fat, I wouldn't worry about "eating healthy" Put your stats into mfp, set it to gain weight at the rate you want to gain it and off you go. If you're still not gaining after a few weeks, increase your calories. Have a look at the Are You a Hard Gainer thread at the top of this page for a list of calorie dense foods. Weigh and log your food as I find I have a tendency to undereat if I don't do this
    I get what you're saying about not being worried about gaining muscle but you might find that weight lifting helps with your appetite. When I started on weight gaining I didn't work out at first, but found I didn't much like the look of the extra fat with no muscle gain! Up to you though.
  • preciousleks
    I have seen that there are many females here who want to gain weight. Why not support each other?
    307114882 Posts: 45 Member
    yeah. most of the female wants to lose weight, i am not expection. :D
  • goldenbeaut
    goldenbeaut Posts: 47 Member
    hey yall! anyone looking to add new friends can add me! im a vegetarian lifter looking to gain about 10 pounds or so. ive done it before through meticulously tracking my macros. im updating my food diary every day right now as it's a constant struggle!
  • preciousleks
    hey yall! anyone looking to add new friends can add me! im a vegetarian lifter looking to gain about 10 pounds or so. ive done it before through meticulously tracking my macros. im updating my food diary every day right now as it's a constant struggle!

I will add you
  • lilb00tiesmatter_
    lilb00tiesmatter_ Posts: 1 Member
    Hey, for those just getting started, wanting to gain weight, you can try apetamin or Maca root. Apetamin will make you gain weight QUICK!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Hey, for those just getting started, wanting to gain weight, you can try apetamin or Maca root. Apetamin will make you gain weight QUICK!

Fast weight gain will be mostly fat gain. Not a great idea IMO.
  • DoublePisces019
    DoublePisces019 Posts: 7 Member
    I am gaining as well. 🙋🏻‍♀️ Please add me as a friend. With love, DoublePisces019
  • ladii_v18
    ladii_v18 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 👏🏾 in👏🏾