Films that make grown men cry!

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    13 Going on 30. Because I'm not a HUGE chick-flick type o' gal, but this is one of my favorite movies. And EVERYtime it's on I HAVE to watch it and my husband hates it. haha!

p.s. I just have a thing for Mark Ruffalo.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    If you don't cry watching Marley and Me you may have an emotional disorder.

I bawled like a mo'a fahckin' baby at the end of that movie.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    I always cry when Doc has to leave the ballfield to save Karen in Field of Dreams. I am not a dude, but close.
  • batlou
    batlou Posts: 97 Member
    Marley & Me, I went with the family and had no idea it was a sad movie. We had just put down our Yellow Lab that was a member of our Family for 10 years about 2 weeks prior. It was brutal and I almost left the theater.
  • TommyWR
    TommyWR Posts: 65
    Brian's Song........the original!!!

Old yeller
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    My girl
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    I always cry to Brainsmasher: A love story.... Andrew Dice Clay AND Terry Hatcher... ...... I'm getting emotional thinking about it....

That and RobotJox when he saves the girl that drugs him and steals his giant robot, and then they know they finally found true love..

Such classics...
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Any movie with sad, depressing, or even happy, sappy, romantic parts in it. I have overreactive waterworks, lmao.
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    I didn't realize how many movies made me cry until I tried to think of just a couple.

The Patriot
    Remember the Titans
    A Girl Like Me
    Moulin Rouge (I know, I'm a dork. lol One of my guy friends actually cries watching this too)
    The Green Mile
    Boys Don't Cry
    My Sister's Keeper (the book had me crying for a good hour)
    Rent

And since it has appeared so many times on this list, I guess I'll have to watch Marley and Me ASAP so I can see what all the fuss is about.

Ugh. Now I need to go have a sad movie marathon....
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    What about Pursuit of Happyness?
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    My husband cried watching My Sister's Keeper. Guess he was thinking about our daughters.
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 288
    Sex and the City counts if that is what tugs at your heart strings....anything that shows you have got a soft centre!

Not from the movie...my fiance MADE me watch it, when they got to the wedding bit I thought it was over! I teared up when I realized we were only about 20 minutes in and I had another hour to endure...

I know that's not the point of the thread, just being light =)

ha ha! this is hilarious!!!!
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Hubby cried at Million Dollar Bay, Braveheart and Marley & Me. I can cry at a washing up liquid commercial I'm such a sap
    My 18 year old son cried at Toy Story III :sad: and teared up at the final Harry Potter!
  • SemperAnticus1643
    What about Pursuit of Happyness?

I cried when they were in that bathroom and Jaden was sleeping and WIll had his foot on the door. I couldn't imagine putting my girls thru that!
  • SemperAnticus1643
    Hubby cried at Million Dollar Bay, Braveheart and Marley & Me. I can cry at a washing up liquid commercial I'm such a sap!

lmbo!! That's awesome!!
  • I cry at everything...whoever said Grave of the Fireflies though was ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! I wasn't just crying at this one, I was definitely sobbing. My husband has a rough time with The Last Samurai.
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 288
    If you don't cry watching Marley and Me you may have an emotional disorder.

I bawled like a mo'a fahckin' baby at the end of that movie.

oh boo i hate that movie (i also hate dogs - do not shoot me)
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Field of Dreams when Kevin Costner's character gets to play catch with his father.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    I'd ball tap my hubs if I caught him crying.... but he gets awful close when he watches "Old Yeller" and "Homeward Bound"
  • LOL! I had to blink repeatedly to keep myself from crying at Toy Story 3. My fiance said he got a little teary eyed but I think he tells me that just so I know he has the capability to cry. I have YET to see him shed a tear.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    I cry at everything...whoever said Grave of the Fireflies though was ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! I wasn't just crying at this one, I was definitely sobbing. My husband has a rough time with The Last Samurai.

That was me. ;)

Also, The Last Samurai is one of my favorite movies. It can make you tear up.