Bag of peanut butter m&ms

So the nutrition facts say:
5 servings in bag
1 serving: 16 pieces

I counted the whole bag to ration out the servings....how many m&ms do i find? 40. So........

Replies

• craziirabbit
    craziirabbit Posts: 103 Member
    ggdk48hcof45.jpg
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Weigh them is your best bet
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Those must be supersized peanuts!

If I didn't have a scale I would divide the total number of m&ms by the 5 servings. In this case one serving would be 8 pieces.

As a side note, anything in parenthesis or with the word 'about' on a food label is just a general reference, not data.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    edited May 2019
    So the nutrition facts say:
    5 servings in bag
    1 serving: 16 pieces

I counted the whole bag to ration out the servings....how many m&ms do i find? 40. So........

What a swindle!!!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Okay for all y'all saying "weigh them" you do understand that it's claiming that about 16 pieces = 1oz and that should be roughly 80 pieces in the bag. Yes? So 40 is half of 80 meaning are they wing about the 1oz? Or are they wrong about the est pieces? It can't be both. So even if i weigh 1 oz and it comes up 8 pieces, is that still 160 cal? Or is that less ? If it were 1 or even five off, it wouldn't bother me. But we are talking the difference in 160 cal vs 80 cal.

How much do the 40 pieces that you counted weigh in total?
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Shoot I’d be annoyed there’s only 40, what a rip off.. 5servings my butt lol.

Sorry doesn’t help, however I love peanut butter m&ms
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Okay for all y'all saying "weigh them" you do understand that it's claiming that about 16 pieces = 1oz and that should be roughly 80 pieces in the bag. Yes? So 40 is half of 80 meaning are they wing about the 1oz? Or are they wrong about the est pieces? It can't be both. So even if i weigh 1 oz and it comes up 8 pieces, is that still 160 cal? Or is that less ? If it were 1 or even five off, it wouldn't bother me. But we are talking the difference in 160 cal vs 80 cal.

The nutrition info is for the weighed serving. The manufacturer then estimates the volume serving (cups, pieces) and the number of servings per bag.

Obviously their estimating stinks. Hopefully the number of servings will be closer by weight than it is by volume. But the weight is the measurement used for determining the nutrition info.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Regular M&M's 28=100 cal yummy
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited May 2019
    Just weigh them, they can't account for the size of the peanuts.
  • AKdogpile
    AKdogpile Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sounds like children at Christmas. Two skateboards are better than one Porsche. Because 2 is bigger. 🤣😂🤣
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,636 Member
    Write to the company to complain, and they'll send you an entire case. :)