Looking for pals to help lose the baby weight!

I'm looking for other new moms who have some lingering baby weight to lose. I could use some motivation and nudges from new pals, and am happy to provide the same!

Replies

• shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    edited April 2019
    Hey there you can add me. I had a baby in July of 2018 and April of 2016. I gained 60 and 40 I never lost all the weight from the 2016 baby before I had the 2018 baby so needless to say I have alot to lose. My goal is to lose 70lbs. I have lost 25 so far.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    I gained loads this pregnancy went from my fight weight 57kg to conceiving at 69kg to popping at 93.4kg 2nd April 2019. Needless to say my binge started after my stopping fighting in order to conceive and didn't stop. I'm utilising breastfeeding to help lose weight and slowly getting back into exercise (c sec). I'm down to 79kg most was baby weight so now the hard weight is starting.
  • spc484
    spc484 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey ladies! I'd love to join for some motivation and encouragement. I am down about 38lbs so far but have just under 20lbs to go to get to my pre-baby weight. Gained around 60lbs for baby #1, lost almost 55 of that, and then regained about 45lbs for baby #2, June 2015 and June 2017. Working full time and just feeling the time and energy crunch, as well as a pattern of being super focused and then falling off... has left me with this lingering 15-20lbs. Been trying to stay positive but getting tired of this 'baby weight' when my 'babies' are running around the house!
  • greenmonstergoo
    greenmonstergoo Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Gals!!! I m in... all in. Just about to start, my little guy is one month old, so exercise can start in 2 weeks. :)
    I have 62 pounds to go back down! I want to make this fun!
  • sarafit926
    sarafit926 Posts: 62 Member
    Yay! So glad to have all of you as partners as we kick this baby weight. I tried to stay active during my pregnancy but after my kiddo was born I really started eating like crazy. I feel like I'm hungrier breastfeeding than I ever was while pregnant! I'm trying to do little changes instead of overhauling my life all at once -- so, this week I started having my coffee with almond milk instead of cream & sugar. Baby steps, right?!
  • milagates
    milagates Posts: 3 Member
    Add me! I had a baby Feb '19 and just got cleared to workout. Let's do this!
  • Keisha1005
    Keisha1005 Posts: 253 Member
    I had my baby in October. I just really started getting back to working out. Just been skeptical to really get into it because I didn't want my supply to decrease. But I also can't fit my clothes so I'm taking baby steps to ease back up to my hour long workouts before I got pregnant.
  • hfergie
    hfergie Posts: 14 Member
    I just had baby #5 last August and gained about 50 lbs from the pregnancy despite trying to stay active and healthy. I am done breastfeeding but the weight loss feels very slow! One thing that has helped me is tracking my progress on MFP so I have visual proof of actual weight loss! I workout about 45 mins a day, 5x a week and eat about 1600 calories a day. It took me awhile to find the right number of calories that would be best for me to lose weight while exercising a lot. I want to be more than thin, I want to be in good shape and have lots of energy! I am training for a half marathon in September. I started at 177 in January and am currently at 163.
  • sarafit926
    hfergie wrote: »
    I just had baby #5 last August and gained about 50 lbs from the pregnancy despite trying to stay active and healthy. I am done breastfeeding but the weight loss feels very slow! One thing that has helped me is tracking my progress on MFP so I have visual proof of actual weight loss! I workout about 45 mins a day, 5x a week and eat about 1600 calories a day. It took me awhile to find the right number of calories that would be best for me to lose weight while exercising a lot. I want to be more than thin, I want to be in good shape and have lots of energy! I am training for a half marathon in September. I started at 177 in January and am currently at 163.

That's a lot of babies, mama!! Sounds like you're doing all the right things -- slow & steady. I want to do a half marathon this fall, too! Are you using a specific training plan?
  • sarafit926
    Keisha1005 wrote: »
    I had my baby in October. I just really started getting back to working out. Just been skeptical to really get into it because I didn't want my supply to decrease. But I also can't fit my clothes so I'm taking baby steps to ease back up to my hour long workouts before I got pregnant.

Yesss I'm also into baby steps! When I cut my calories or exercise really hard my supply dips, so I'm trying to just make sure I get at least 10k steps a day (I use the FitBit Charge 2 HR) and make healthy food choices 80% of the time :)
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    Me too! I just had my 2nd (and probably last) baby in march. I get my 6 week medical clearance soon, but in the meantime I'm walking and trying to improve my diet. I have 8 lbs to go to get to my first goal.
    Has anyone tried the DVD workout, Postnatal Slimdown? https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HHITD60/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I ordered it but haven't tried it yet.
  • AmandaJdeGraaf
    AmandaJdeGraaf Posts: 1 Member
    zwdf4b7r358z.jpeg
    Hi mommas!! I am a first time mom to an almost 4 month old boy! I am 5’5”, was 128lb when my husband and I started dating four years ago this month, I was 138lb when I found out I was pregnant (a year ago tomorrow!) I stayed pretty active throughout my pregnancy but weighed in at 195 the day before delivery, one week postpartum I weighed in at 170. I assumed breastfeeding would shed the pounds off quickly but almost 4 months later I’m only at 166 :( my goal is to be 135-140lb before we start trying for a second; we want them somewhat close in age, so I joined MFP because I’d like to start seeing some progress (while keeping my supply).
  • amzx1
    amzx1 Posts: 7 Member
    Hey ladies, please add me, looking for some mum pals too! I had my 2nd child in December 2018, am breastfeeding and not losing any weight so am trying mfp. This is my first week. I’d like to get to 125lbs and currently am 147lbs.

Like @sarafit926 said I finding more hungry now than when I was pregnant literally want to eat all the time. Is anyone else breastfeeding? If so what calorie limit have you set? I’ve gone for 1700.

• mummagem2019
    mummagem2019 Posts: 5 Member
    amzx1 wrote: »
    Hey ladies, please add me, looking for some mum pals too! I had my 2nd child in December 2018, am breastfeeding and not losing any weight so am trying mfp. This is my first week. I’d like to get to 125lbs and currently am 147lbs.

Like @sarafit926 said I finding more hungry now than when I was pregnant literally want to eat all the time. Is anyone else breastfeeding? If so what calorie limit have you set? I’ve gone for 1700.

In the same boat ladies - first time Mum who was obese before hand so now owner 100lb to lose 🤭! I’ve set for just under 2,000 - let MFP work out my calorie intake based on wanting to loose 2lb per week then added 500 to that number - that’s how many on average BF’ing takes out of you daily... only been doing this for three days so far so we’ll see if it works soon enough!
  • bionicpuffy
    amzx1 wrote: »

They say it can burn an additional 200-500 calories a day, depending on how often the baby feeds and how much milk is produced. I am also breastfeeding and my plan is to set my calories as they were pre-pregnancy and try to stick within that 200-500 range and eat intuitively with an emphasis on getting in more veggies.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Anyone can add me! I have a 7 month old and while I'm pretty much back to pre-pregnancy weight, I've got some major work to do to get parts of me to be less squishy!
  • bionicpuffy
    Also, I'm looking for another new mama (like me!) who would be interested in motivational messaging- meaning, we'd send each other 1x-2x weekly messages about our progress, set backs, etc. LMK if anyone here is interested! My daily diary is open to all friends.
  • loveyduvyemt
    loveyduvyemt Posts: 58 Member
    Looking for mama friends, too! Baby just turned 9 months, trying to measure and keep within calorie goal and starting to lightly work out throughout the week.
  • nstumpf81
    nstumpf81 Posts: 2 Member
    Please add me as well - I had my daughter on 5/3, and weighed in at 183. Down to 166 but want to get back to pre-pregnancy weight of 134-139 range. (Was 155 when I got pregnant - extra 15 lbs was left from my now 4 year old!)
    I’m aiming for 10k steps a day and doing light arm weights, with calorie tracking / healthy choices to monitor / maintain breastfeeding. Once cleared to workout I will add in yoga or piyo.
    Let’s do this ladies!
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    You can add me...I lost 100 pounds 5 years ago, since then had 2 kids they are 3 1/2 and 1 year old . I have about 30 pounds to lose ...not alot of time for workouts working full time as well but doing what I can at home and lots of walking. Focused on logging food and making healthier choices.