What kind of milk?

my kids drink soy or rice milk, I drink skim, but was thinking about crossing over lol, but not sure on a health standpoint which is better.

What donYOU drink?

Replies

• uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    I dont drink whole milk at all.
    I am a skim milk or almond milk girl...mainly because its low in calories and sodium.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    wegmans skim, me and the kids.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    I was drinking organic 2% or 1%, but after a post about almond milk I switched. 40 calories per serving and tastes great.
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Mmmmm I forgot about almond
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    I drink unsweetened almond milk (mixed with double chocolate protein powder). Not sure if I'd drink it plain though.
  • I drink skim milk.
  • xcirce
    xcirce Posts: 20 Member
    I have been drinking alot of fat free milk, but I recently switched to 8th continent light original soy milk. I don't like drinking milk in a glass so this isn't bad for me.
  • If I had to pick I would do light vanilla soy milk. Personally I would rather have a glass of water and eat a string cheese or a cup of yogurt.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    i drink 1% milk and soy milks. I havnt tried almond yet.
  • corapie
    corapie Posts: 21 Member
    I like the taste of almond milk & vanilla soy but I usually get regular organic skim. The calories may be lower in almond & soy but they just don't compare with cows milk as far as protein goes.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    If I drink "real" milk it's whole and organic. Raw if I can afford it.

I also use unsweetened coconut milk.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I drink a cup of soy milk in the mornings and Smart Balance Heart Right fat free milk after my evening workout. I prefer the taste of soy milk, but I'm trying to follow the porfolio diet so I added the milk for the plant sterols.
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    I drink 2% regular milk. It is one of my favorite beverages in the whole wide world. I do put skim milk in smoothies and use skim in cooking. I should try almond milk, but considering how much I love 2% I don't know if I'll really like it.
  • Just made the switch to Almond Milk. LOVE it! And, there is some info that I've read recently about cow's milk that I wasn't thrilled about... The only thing I don't like about the Almond milk, is that it's taking time to adjust to the thickness in cereal, but other than that, my family likes it!
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    I'm lactose intolerant so I drink 2% Lactaid. The kids drink whole milk and my husband drinks "regular" 2% so there are always 3 different types of milk in my fridge :ohwell:
  • dswish1
    dswish1 Posts: 4 Member
    almond milk, best, alot of people have sensitivities without even knowing it to 'cow's milk" and that inflamation can inhibit weight loss. read online for yourself. Soy can add to estrogen if you are near your 40's and that can inhibit weight loss too. I have heard.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Vanilla Almond Milk is yummy. It has all the calcium, is sweet, and has less sugar than cows milk. My kids drink it. I prefer soy mik cuz of the extra protein for working out.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Just made the switch to Almond Milk. LOVE it! And, there is some info that I've read recently about cow's milk that I wasn't thrilled about... The only thing I don't like about the Almond milk, is that it's taking time to adjust to the thickness in cereal, but other than that, my family likes it!
    "Like"
  • msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    I drink whole milk but lately I find that my stomach gets bloated and makes all weird sounds and feelings! So weird. I don't feel sick, just uncomfortable :/
  • Almond Milk for me, my kids drink fortified skim milk though.