Films that make grown men cry!

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    I cried at Toy Story 3 and the end of "Lost" ROFL.........

My husband said he felt like cutting himself when he saw "My Sister's Keeper" LOL
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    not the whole movie, but in Blow, the part where George prepares his final words to his dad:

George: Hello Dad. You know I remember a lifetime ago, when I was about 3 1/2 feet tall, weighing all of 60 pounds, but every inch your son. I remember those Saturday mornings going to work with my dad, we'd climb into that big green truck. I thought that truck... was the biggest truck in the universe pop. I remember how important the job we did was, how if it wasn't for us, people would freeze to death. I thought you were the strongest man in the world. And remember those home videos when mom would dress up like Loretta Young, barbeques and football games, ice cream, playing with the Tuna. And when I left for California only to come home with the FBI chasing me, and that FBI agent Trout had to kneel down to put my boots on and you said, "That's where you belong you son of a *****, puttin on Georgie's boots." That was a good one pop, you remember that. And remember that time when you told me that money wasn't real. Well old man, I'm 42 years old, and I finally realize what you were trying to tell me, so many years ago. I finally understand. Your the best, pop, just wish I could have done more for you, wish we had more time. Anyway, may the wind always be at your back, and the sun always upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars. I love you Dad. Love George.

always gets me, lol
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    I'd ball tap my hubs if I caught him crying....

Hmmmm, not sure if that's a good or bad thing, as it sounds like it's either painful or fun.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    For me The Pursuit of Happyness, Changling, and Gone With the Wind (go figure)...My Hubby only cried at one move The Passion of the Christ (ok, I did too)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Phildelphia hit me pretty hard. It didn't help that my brother had just died of AIDS.

Saw a movie last night that teared me up. My First Mister.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    I don't get why people cried at Toy Story 3. Am I just missing the sad part?
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    There's only been 1 movie that has ever made me cry (I bawled a puddle of tears) and that was when I was a kid...The Champ.

Some movies may have brought a speckle to my eye: E.T., Bicycle Thief, Old Yeller. Old classics. Nothing recent that I can recall. I tend to cry more from laughing too hard during comedies.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    I don't get why people cried at Toy Story 3. Am I just missing the sad part?

Because I'm a mom and my daughter is only 4, I sobbed the first time I watched Toy Story 3 with her b/c it made me think about her growing up and leaving me someday lol btw she was looking at me like "mommy has lost her damn mind!"

Also have cried during some other disney movies like Homeward Bound...Little Mermaid

Anything by Nicholas Sparks makes me cry
    There are just too many too list...but then again I'm a sap...
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Titanic

She tossed that damn ring in the ocean - THAT'S what made me cry. Damn old lady....
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Up.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Hachi a Dog's Tate with Richard Gere - OMG! So glad I was not out in public when I saw this. It's not about a dying dog (Marley & Me) - It's different.

Taking Chance with Kevin Bacon - very moving.

Lol I'm not a guy so it's safe to say I didn't cry watching that movie, I balled my eyes out.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Up.

OMG yes! WTF.... that first half of the movie was depressing as hell! I was crying during the first half! lol
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    I freakin LOST IT at the end of Dumb and Dumber when Lloyd realized he wasn't going to get to be with Mary Swanson.
  • Lelafin
    Lelafin Posts: 29 Member
    My ex definitely cried watching "The Notebook" though he tried to hide it. That was actually the first time I ever saw him cry now that I think of it...
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    im not a guy but Brian's Song........the original!!!

the first time i saw this movie i was abt 9yrs old and CRIED like i knew them personally, i could not help it, i was sitting on the floor watching it with my mom and sisters when i realized he died i started crying and couldnt stop my mother asked me was i ok and i could not even answer her thats how bad i was crying, its also the first time i realized movies can move you.

the only other movie i ever cried in was the movie with cher & eric stoltz (mask) i did see this in the movie theater as a adult i was so embarrased my tears came out of nowhere :/
  • Heather75
    Fox & the Hound.... can't not cry at the end

"Copper, you're my best friend..."
  • Heather75
    Up.

OMG yes! WTF.... that first half of the movie was depressing as hell! I was crying during the first half! lol

Same here. I bawled my eyes out through the entire montage.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Every man I have known cries at Old Yeller.
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Has anyone mentioned Seven Pounds with Will Smith ? Awesome movie...I always make sure I have onions close by to blame on my watery eyes.