A year on maintenance

I’ve been lifting weights for around a year whilst maintaining. I know I still have a long way to go. I want to start losing some fat now, but wanted to show my progress as I feel that Lifting has really changed my overall shape & even though it’s not such a drastic change I now know how much I’m capable once I get my head into losing some fat and lifting. z95p03a3bovb.jpeg

Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,195 Member
    good job!!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 988 Member
    Wow! So that’s all recomp?
  • spraytanninghelens
    spraytanninghelens Posts: 92 Member
    csplatt wrote: »
    Wow! So that’s all recomp?

Recomp & putting food input into my fitness pal, switching a few food choices in the week. Admittedly lost some weight but not by doing anything drastic diet wise. Mainly lifting weight 4-5 times per wk and eating mostly at maintenance.

• AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Amazing!!!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    That's inspiring! Thanks for sharing.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Amazing! I'm a few months into maintenance and want to do the same thing. Are you following a specific program?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    This is exactly what I'm trying to do. Thanks for this post!
  • spraytanninghelens

Kathryn247 wrote: »
    Amazing! I'm a few months into maintenance and want to do the same thing. Are you following a specific program?

Thank you. No specific program. Just my own push/pull/lower body split.
    I’ve been consistent and have grown to love lifting & it’s the only thing I’ve done that I have seen results .
  • spraytanninghelens
    Nothing amazing? That's a pretty freaking amazing recomp if I ever saw one. The difference in your physique is way more than 6.5lbs would guess. You need to put that on the recomp thread for people to see.

Thank you. I will post on recomp. It’s been a slow process but I’m loving the results so far.
  • spraytanninghelens
    Thank you 🙏
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    You look great!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Um, yes. That is drastic! Drastically amazing!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    That is incredible progress!!
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    I hate to contradict, but I see drastic improvement :flowerforyou:
  • spraytanninghelens
    Thank you so much everybody for kind comments. I was trying all sorts of cardio for so long, and feeling really discouraged as nothing seemed to be working.

Lots of lovely people on this forum advised trying a recomp and by taking all advice onboard I am finally seeing results.

One more thing I would love for peoples opinion... is aa BodyFat estimate?

On the first pic the smart scales I have said I was at 33%.
    When getting on scales now I am getting a reading of 31%.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Thank you so much everybody for kind comments. I was trying all sorts of cardio for so long, and feeling really discouraged as nothing seemed to be working.

Lots of lovely people on this forum advised trying a recomp and by taking all advice onboard I am finally seeing results.

One more thing I would love for peoples opinion... is aa BodyFat estimate?

On the first pic the smart scales I have said I was at 33%.
    When getting on scales now I am getting a reading of 31%.

That's a dramatic change with little weight loss from (please excuse me) a bit chubby to fit and athletic looking. Well done you, be proud of yourself.

Your scales are lying to you!
    Chuck them out as they are miles away from reality. They have got the direction right but not the current percentage.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Nice work! I'm on year 8 of maintenance myself. I found that rather than being "the end" of the journey, maintenance is the beginning of a new phase. You aren't just losing weight anymore. You're enhancing your fitness, strength, conditioning, aesthetics, etc. To me, this is the fun part. I'm still seeing improvements years in. It's a great place to be! B)
  • Kelly9405
    Kelly9405 Posts: 14 Member
    Wow! You look amazing! That’s a huge transformation.