Do you absently touch target areas?

Options
brittanystebbins95
brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
edited May 2019 in Chit-Chat
Does anyone else absently touch target weight loss areas, as like a comfort thing?
I’ve noticed that when I’m anxious, or just zoned out (for example, reading or driving) I will absently feel my collarbones or encircle my wrist with my index finger and thumb, or sometimes I’ll run my hands over my abs if I am standing. I think its just comforting to me because I worked so hard for those things.
Like, my collarbones. I never had them before I lost weight. Or being able to encircle my wrist with my fingers. That was something I could never do. And the abs thing. I don’t know. I think that I especially do it if I am anxious because it makes me feel powerful and untouchable, in a way.
The other day, a coworker noticed me rubbing my belly and asked if I was pregnant. I just had to laugh and explain that I zoned out and didn’t realize I was doing it. I mean, how do you explain to someone that you were feeling your abs without sounding like you have an inflated ego? Lmao

Replies

• meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    There is no good way to explain feeling your abs to a Co worker. But I totally understand when you've spent so long achieving something you sometimes need reminding of its existence. For me it is arm muscles because I found the hard to get. I've lost mine during pregnancy and resorted to feeling my partners lol telling myself I'm going to get these again.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    When I lay in bed and feel how I can feel my rib cage. I lost a large amount (200#) and do look at my skinny arms and legs. No touching but still look in the mirror every morning to realize I’m half of what I weighed.
  • LoKoMi
    LoKoMi Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I recently celebrated my silver wedding anniversary. About 6 months after the wedding, pregnancy weight gain made my rings too tight so I replaced them with a cheaper band. I NEVER fit into my original rings again until last month! And now, THEY JINGLE WHEN I SHAKE MY HAND!!! So now I’m always looking like I’m flapping my hand, just because I wanna hear them jingle. So excited that after over 24.5 years I can wear them again.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This does happen to me occasionally, yes. Mostly when I am standing/walking after a long hike or other type of exercise and I notice my spare tire (still very present but 1/20th its former size as I've lost 130 lb) feels tighter and more "normal" - I like that. I used to cringe even when my shirt would touch that part of me, and constantly pulled/tugged at my clothing in that area out of self-consciousness. So for me occasionally touching that area and kind of admiring the progress is a cool thing. I've also started lifting a little bit here & there with my husband and I feel my upper arms becoming slightly more muscular and it makes me want to hold onto my arms when my arms are crossed. Sounds weird but it doesn't look all that awkward I don't think!