Replies

• sharondesfor935
    sharondesfor935 Posts: 89 Member
    Name: Maddie
    Height: 5'8.5”
    Total weight lost: 75.3 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 3-1/3 years
    How long (officially) in maintenance: 11 days since 4/25/19
    Maintenance weight range: < 153 I will be playing with this over the next few months as I build more muscle. Consulting with my doc in a couple of days.

Avg wt recorded from 2018: 168.4
    Avg wt recorded from 2017: 202.6
    Starting wt: 228.3

Avg wt recorded from January:153✅
    Avg wt recorded from February: 151.75✅
    Avg wt recorded from March: 154.1❌
    April 25: Began maintenance 153.0
    Avg wt recorded from April: 152.98✅

Week of...
    May 5 Avg 153.8⬆️❌
    May 12
    May 19
    May 26

Average in 2019 so far: 153.14⬆️
    <153? ❌

Challenges:
    1. Sudden switch of my exercise program - more frequency & difficulty of my wt lifting program & much longer, harder hikes. 9.3 mile hike yesterday with 25K steps.
    2. Hotter weather generally makes my wt a little lighter & when it gets cooler in the fall, it tends to drop off
    Both of these may be causing water weight increases. I’m taking the long view. Did some calculations over the past week, month, year & I’m likely eating a little bit too much each day.
    ➡️ Plan is to cut my avg calories by 100 a day & see what happens.
    ➡️ Will go back to only recording cardio calories, not the wt lifting ones.

Successes:
    1. I’m calm. :) Taking the long view. Many moving variables - May take a few months to figure out.
    2. Annual physical. All markers are excellent❣️ Dr. doesn’t think anything needs to change. Approved exercise program with no rest days & continuing daily 10K steps (60 mins minimum daily cardio). Very wonderful visit, as we reviewed each lab value & celebrated the drastic improvements. He convinced me I didn’t need to improve any of them further! 3-1/3 years. Success.
    3. Resting heart rate & fitness continuing to improve. Able to climb 2,222 elevation, 9.3 mile, 4hr20min hike without resting or sitting.
    4. Purchased & for into jeans an additional size smaller. (31) & another patient at clinic spontaneously said, “Wow, those jeans are awesome! They look great on you!” Three friends who saw me 4-6 weeks ago all independently said, “Wow, you’re looking great!” One even wants to sketch me next time. These compliments are a very new thing for me, and it’s lovely.

Week 2 done!
    On to Week 3!

Have an awesome week❣️
    Maddie

Celebrate!!! 🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉

You've inspired me, Maddie. Once I get the beloved son on his school bus tomorrow, I'm going make the appointment for my blood work. It's what I've been working for; time to see what progress I've made.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,953 Member
    @sharondesfor935 Awesome, my friend!
    I find having a “Focus on Health” really helps in this weight loss/exercise/maintenance arena.

A new wrinkle? “Eh, Focus in Health”

Tummy re-appears later in the day “Eh, Focus on Health”

Some random thing sags a little, “Eh, Focus on Health!”

Let us know how it goes! Amazing how much walking daily helps!

• lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,702 Member
    @sharondesfor935 Hi, I'm midway through the holiday and having a good time. The drive up to Scotland took 2 days with a night in Carlisle, but we are staying in one hotel in Inverness for 5 nights then travelling south again over the weekend. I'm not keen on whisky but have had haggis for breakfast. We have been doing plenty of walking and the hotel has a tiny swimming pool so I have been quite active. No brown water yet!
    The hotel dinners have been Ok but very limited veggies. I usually fill up with large portions of low calorie veg so this could be a problem. Fingers crossed for next Monday weigh in.
  • HarperAnn6
    HarperAnn6 Posts: 292 Member
    edited May 2019
    Name: Harper
    Height: 5'1
    Total Weight lost: 50
    Time it took to lose: one year, four months
    How long in maintenance: about 23 months
    Maintenance weight range: 117-122
    Average weight recorded from 2018 (12months): 121.7

Average weight recorded for April: 122.7

Week of. . .
    May 5: 121.6
    May 12:
    May 19:
    May 26:

Success / Struggles: I'm not sure why I took a pause from posting for the last few weeks. I guess I have been preoccupied with other things in my life. Ready to put maintenance on the front burner again! I definitely need to focus on cleaning up my diet. I had lots of candy around Easter, and I notice I've been snacking instead of eating real meals lately.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2019
    Jim Happy 1 year Anniversary :)

I agree that the struggle is real :(
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Name: Existing Fish
    Height: 5'0" (153cm)
    Total weight lost: 37.2lbs (16.9kg)
    Time it took to lose: 6 months*
    How long in maintenance: 7 months
    Maintenance weight range: 112 - 118lbs (50.8-53.8kg)
    Average weight recorded from 2019: 118.8lbs (53.9kg)

Average weight recorded from January: 123.1
    Average weight recorded from February: 120.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 117.0
    Average weight recorded from April: 114.8

May 1st: 115.1lbs (t: 115.0)
    May 4th: 114.4lbs (t: 115.0)
    May 9th: 114.9lbs (t: 114.5)
    May 17th:
    May 24th:
    May 31st:

Success/Struggles: Things have been going well. Sleeping better. Weight is staying NICE and steady.
  • sharondesfor935
    sharondesfor935 Posts: 89 Member
    @sharondesfor935 Hi, I'm midway through the holiday and having a good time. The drive up to Scotland took 2 days with a night in Carlisle, but we are staying in one hotel in Inverness for 5 nights then travelling south again over the weekend. I'm not keen on whisky but have had haggis for breakfast. We have been doing plenty of walking and the hotel has a tiny swimming pool so I have been quite active. No brown water yet!
    The hotel dinners have been Ok but very limited veggies. I usually fill up with large portions of low calorie veg so this could be a problem. Fingers crossed for next Monday weigh in.

So excellent, Lesley! If I recall correctly, the yummy brown water was much farther east than Inverness (Dornoch, perhaps?). Still, you've chosen possibly the loveliest city in Scotland for your holiday.

Sadly, you missed the monthly Inverness farmer's markets for fresh produce. I don't know if you want to bother at this late date, but here's a link to restaurants and shops with local produce: http://www.foe-invernessandross.org.uk/local-food-directory.

I'm so glad you've had your haggis! It makes me sad to think how many people refuse to even try it. 😓 (Also, I'm pretty sure you should not mention aloud that you're not keen on whisky. I suspect there are national laws in Scotland on this topic.)

Enjoy the last bit of your stay, and good luck on Monday with your weigh-in. 🤞🤞
  • Addictead
    Addictead Posts: 66 Member
    Name: Elle
    Height: 5'2
    Total weight lost: 36 LBS
    Time it took to lose: 10 months
    How long in maintenance: 10 days +-, Been stopping and starting since the beginning of the year
    Maintenance weight range: 126-131
    Average weight recorded from 2018: N/A
    I'm not sure of my averages for the last few months either

Week of...
    May 5: 127.0
    May 12:
    May 19:
    May 26:

My struggle right now is mindless eating and nibbling of things throughout the day. I have 3 meals+snack everyday and I'm not hungry but whenever I'm making something, or putting up leftovers or just in the kitchen I'll pop things into my mouth without even thinking I'm adding 5-10-30 calories extra into my day without even accounting for it in my log. Tasting is fine, But I need to stop snacking on food as I'm cooking
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,953 Member
    Addictead wrote: »
    Name: Elle
    Height: 5'2
    Total weight lost: 36 LBS
    Time it took to lose: 10 months
    How long in maintenance: 10 days +-, Been stopping and starting since the beginning of the year
    Maintenance weight range: 126-131
    Average weight recorded from 2018: N/A
    I'm not sure of my averages for the last few months either

Week of...
    May 5: 127.0
    May 12:
    May 19:
    May 26:

My struggle right now is mindless eating and nibbling of things throughout the day. I have 3 meals+snack everyday and I'm not hungry but whenever I'm making something, or putting up leftovers or just in the kitchen I'll pop things into my mouth without even thinking I'm adding 5-10-30 calories extra into my day without even accounting for it in my log. Tasting is fine, But I need to stop snacking on food as I'm cooking

@reversemigration
    I’m wondering if you could pre-plan those “cooking” nibbles? Set aside 30 calories/day?