Replies

• samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    I'm not ready to mingle
  • enkoni
    enkoni Posts: 46 Member
    Combination of...

6: Medical student, I'm tired mang.

7: Going on 15 years single, never gotten a yes when I go out on a limb to ask someone out, doesn't exactly make me hopefully that tomorrow will change anything.

8: Major introvert, I do admittedly like my space, quiet, and freedom to pack up and move wherever I want (have moved around 8 states and 2 foreign countries and I have no intention of spending the rest of my life in one place). Doesn't mean it's not lonely.

Also: Don't want children, have aged out of a lot of classic dating pools, and well...I'm just not that pretty. Not saying the last to fish for compliments; I've been flat out told as such and hey, can't fight the truth.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    I met this lady, who's obviously into me. I asked her whether dark or milk chocolate is best, said it was a very important question and our ability to continue seeing each other hangs on her giving the correct answer.

Dark chocolate is the best! 🍫
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    1. I'm a pain in the *kitten* to coordinate with. I get up early as hell, like to be in bed by 7:30. As it turns out, 4:30 am isn't prime-time for singles.
    2. I don't drink, watch TV, or catch most pop-cult references. I'm not on facebook/twitter/insta/snap, and I don't want to hear about what you saw/posted there.
    3. I'm obsessive with everything, go balls-deep when I'm into something, and ride it till the wheels fall off
    4. I'm intellectually drawn to the life experience of men older than me, but they rarely keep up energy-wise and tend to not want to introduce me to their kids for fear of judgment. I don't want kids of my own, and the men I meet my age or younger tend to be on the wife-hunt and want someone to gestate their spawn.
    5. I'm fiercely independent, except when I'm not. I HATE needing, but I do, and don't know how to ask for stuff that makes me feel vulnerable.
    6. I feel gross scrolling thru profiles, and I'd usually rather go for a run or cook something complicated than participate in the massive time suck that is online dating.
    7. I'm happy enough with my life that I don't actively seek monogamous committed partnership. I'd like to have an adventure partner, I sometimes want to share more of my life more deeply, but I hate 'dating', I'm completely unable to be arbitrary or make small talk (aside from the occasional quip)

That was somehow both mildly depressing and sorta enlightening.
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    1. I'm a pain in the *kitten* to coordinate with. I get up early as hell, like to be in bed by 7:30. As it turns out, 4:30 am isn't prime-time for singles.
    2. I don't drink, watch TV, or catch most pop-cult references. I'm not on facebook/twitter/insta/snap, and I don't want to hear about what you saw/posted there.
    3. I'm obsessive with everything, go balls-deep when I'm into something, and ride it till the wheels fall off
    4. I'm intellectually drawn to the life experience of men older than me, but they rarely keep up energy-wise and tend to not want to introduce me to their kids for fear of judgment. I don't want kids of my own, and the men I meet my age or younger tend to be on the wife-hunt and want someone to gestate their spawn.
    5. I'm fiercely independent, except when I'm not. I HATE needing, but I do, and don't know how to ask for stuff that makes me feel vulnerable.
    6. I feel gross scrolling thru profiles, and I'd usually rather go for a run or cook something complicated than participate in the massive time suck that is online dating.
    7. I'm happy enough with my life that I don't actively seek monogamous committed partnership. I'd like to have an adventure partner, I sometimes want to share more of my life more deeply, but I hate 'dating', I'm completely unable to be arbitrary or make small talk (aside from the occasional quip)

Is this how subliminal messaging works?
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member

Is this how subliminal messaging works?

Nah. It's just how I express myself.

It's decidedly UNSEXY when I'm obsessing over stuff like vacumes. Or homemade soy milk. Or cat harnesses.
    I wear myself and everyone around me out.

Also, I just like saying balls. I didn't mean it in reference to acrobatics sans clothing, although I do believe, as an athlete, in the importance of being well rounded.

The energy reference was directly related to a recent dating experience. You can take me to your beautiful vacation house in Carmel, eat amazing food with me... but if the next day you can't run along the ocean for a handful of miles, and share the killer views - what's the point? I'm definitely asking too much. I want to feed on your stories, your life experience, I want you to have seen and done cool stuff and expose me to new chapters - but I also want you by my side bagging peaks, scrambling up craggy rock faces, climbing thru the brush.
  • Cutemesoon
    @purplefizzy There's a guy on here that would be perfect for you! He gets up SUPER early & goes to bed early. Is busy doing his own thing during the day, he's older than you AND is energetic enough to keep up with you. #MFPMatchmaker
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    I'm so attractive it intimidates people

I figured this about you
  • Tankiscool
    Cuz I want to be to be frank.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    It might be because I wear my underpants over my pants and l ask everyone what’s in my pocket. But I’m not really sure.
  • askeeney
    askeeney Posts: 448 Member
    Tankiscool wrote: »

Tank just be yourself. No one likes Frank. 😉
  • Tankiscool
    It might be because I wear my underpants over my pants and l ask everyone what’s in my pocket. But I’m not really sure.

The whole pizza is your heart has no affect on this at all?
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    askeeney wrote: »

Tank is very much himself.. lol as usual he stole that name for disguise🙄
  • pizzamyheart

The whole pizza is your heart has no affect on this at all?

People love pizza
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    I met this lady, who's obviously into me. I asked her whether dark or milk chocolate is best, said it was a very important question and our ability to continue seeing each other hangs on her giving the correct answer.

We can be friends. :smile:
  • Tankiscool
    askeeney wrote: »

Yeah he's a bit grotesque

zfxqpb6q34x2.gif
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon wrote: »

We can be friends. :smile:

Hello new friend.
    tumblr_mcuj2amfit1rnatwqo1_500.gif
  • pizzamyheart
    Probably because whenever I sit down my pants and undies ride real low so I have plumbers butt.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,156 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Because my mom told me I will never find anyone, and then my brother shouted "Facts!"

You start to believe in that stuff after awhile. :ohwell:

I don't have a brother :(
  • XOX_LOTSA_XOX
    XOX_LOTSA_XOX Posts: 89 Member
    edited May 2019
    ♥️❌💋❌💋❌♥️