NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @its_cleo Thank you! Yes, it is very, very stressful and feels like too much but...I'm doing it anyway!!! It sounds like you have a nice job. I would like working from home. At least you tried pilates!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you so much!!! I think the no-weigh-May will do you good. Hang in there!

@theslightedgeforever Thanks! Yes, indeed, no weight gain! So far, I am still losing. I am imagining a giant wine glass in your hand that you have to hold up with both your arms lol.

Hello all. I have 3 weeks to pay up my apartment and clean out my garage so I'd better start doing it this weekend, that time will fly by! We officially gave our 30-day notice yesterday to our apartment complex. It was so scary to do so.

EMPOWERED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld I would say enjoy the weekend but yet I know that you'll be up to your eyeballs in packing. lol Is the condo closer to your work? I was hoping for less of a commute for you. Yaaay for continuing to lose.

I'm hosting a bday party Friday night at my house for two of my friends. so I'll have to be extremely food conscious and not just grab.

I stayed within my food boundaries. Got in 48 min exercise. met my water goal. wrote in my journal. big sticker day.

• trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! You are right! lol The condo is slightly further away by one freeway exit. Waze says it is 8 minutes away from our current address. I was hoping for a shorter commute as well, but everything that we could afford was even further away. Good luck with the bday party!

Hi all. This weekend is going to be busy...have to start packing but I have to find boxes. I'm going to put a listing on Nextdoor to see if anyone in the neighborhood has any free ones before I buy any. My husband's back is still messed up, so I don't know how much help he will be. It might be me packing this place up. :/ I didn't eat the lunch that I brought yesterday (it didn't turn out well), I ended up buying falafel and rice pilaf from the cafe, which was not on my food plan. I also bought a chocolate chip cookie on impulse. I was very stressed yesterday, related to the condo, and I took it out on food. :(

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning! :)

@theslightedgeforever, I'm hoping that not having my scale will work for me. I hope you have fun on your trip to see your kids. Virginia is such a beautiful state!! I plan to enjoy my trip to Florida and eat whatever they make. I will be taking my sister out to a belated birthday lunch and my mom, sister, and niece out for Mother's Day. My main plan is to try not to overdo whatever I'm eating and practice moderation as best I can. *Fingers crossed!!*

@trooworld, You have so much going on so try not to beat yourself up too much with what your eating. Once you are settled in your new home you can regroup and move forward. Just try to not overdo it because of the stress. ;) My advice for boxes is to call some liquor stores and see if they have any or can save you some boxes. We always did that when we moved because those boxes are heavy duty.

My boss took us out to lunch yesterday and I did pretty well but still ate too much for the whole day. So today, I'm going to try to fast for at least 21 hours. I've yet to make it past 20 1/2 hours so this will be a challenge. I have a ton of work to do today so maybe that will help me not think about eating. Tomorrow I'm going to a couple's wedding shower and I've already decided that I am not going near the food table. I'm going to give my gift, mingle for a bit and then leave. I'm teaching children's church again this week and the topic is Exodus 16, Manna from Heaven. I found a game where you throw pasta all over the place and the kids will race in teams to pick it up. They are going to love that!! :p
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @TeresaW1020 okay I will do the once a week weigh in with you! I wanted to weigh myself yesterday and today but held off. I have done ok with food, except yesterday I was hungry and ate a lot, but I had built in a buffer for that ie eaten less other days so I think I'm still under for the week. I actually do think it is better to weigh less at least for me. It feels like less pressure, whcih is good bc then I want rebel lol.

It sounds like you have a nice trip to Florida planned! I've never been , except I was once stuck in the Miami airport for a long layover. I got to know the airport very well lol.

@trooworld good luck packing! Good opportunity to get rid of junk. The thought of paying for boxes always drove me crazy. Does your office have boxes of paper for the printer? Those are great boxes if you can snag a couple. And they usually have nice lids.

@theslightedgeforever sounds like you will be travelling too! I'm jealous, no plans to go anywhere this year. Good luck with the party tonight.

I have to buy a new phone. My old phone is about 5 yrs old and it still works but I've smashed the front of it by accident. So I've been researching phones for the last two days. They are very expensive here so it's kind of a pain. At the same time I'm kind of excited to get a new phone lol. I think I've decided on the Samsung S10e. I would get the S10 which is slightly better but too expensive. I think I will pick it up Saturday. I have to cancel a plan with another provider so I'm sure that will be a nightmare.

Food is going ok. No exercise today. Yesterday at the gym worked on pushups and some other arm stuff. My low back/left hip is a chronic problem, I'm kind of frustrated. It is just tightness that leads to pain but nothing I do fixes it.

Happy Friday! :)

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning gals
    Life is still changing daily for me. I am still no on sugar. But Did you guys know that over 100 million people in the US have diabetes or pre diabetes. That is insane. We were watching the show Ransome last night and it was about an insulin company..it got me to looking up statistics..oh my...

Well I am getting better emotionally...still working on my guard of anymore anxiety ur hurt...

My daughter found a treadmill in the bulk trash pile somewhere brought it home... It needed tightened up cleaned up and the top is still wobbly but guess what it works ..

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Morning everyone :0

@trooworld - CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!! When is settlement and when can you move in??? Have you thought about rearranging the kitchen / laundry and buy your own washing machine. I image it will be cheaper in the long run

@cbabie - So terribly proud of you for no sugar !!! Glad so are dropping in. Can someone tighten the top for you??

@teresaw2010 - I have not weighed every day, since we made the commitment. Fastin 21 hours wow - not sure if I could do that

@theslightedgeforever - How did the birthday party g?o? Did you stick to the plan you made??

@its_cleo _ If your phone is 5 years old - would that mean you are out of contract and go where ever you like ? (that is how it is here in Aus) Fingers crossed for you

In Aus - it is all about the upcoming election for our new Prime Minister (election date 18th May. My broken bits continue to cause me grief every day

Catch youall

Trish
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Survived an insanely busy 12 hr at work today. Only thing that kept me going was knowing I am
    Going to Mexico with 2 of my kids tomorrow and 3 grand babies.
    Only lost 25 out of my target 45 pounds but some is better than none
    See you in a week
    Karen in BC
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Yeah, I'm super stressed right now. I'm doing the best I can which is pretty darned good, I must say! Yesterday, we managed to eat OP the whole day. I hope today is the same. Thanks for the tip about the boxes! Good luck with the fast, remember the trick about putting sea salt in your water, it really helps! You sound like a fun Sunday school teacher, I bet the kids love you!

@its_cleo Thanks! Yes, good reason to get rid of stuff. I've already told our admin to keep an eye out for boxes. We picked up some free boxes off Nextdoor (a neighborhood app) last night, but we need many more. Good luck with the phone purchase. I have always loved Samsungs, I have a Note 9 right now and love it. Expensive? Yes, but worth it. Just make sure and get a good case and screen protector.

@cbabie Good morning! That's a lot of people that have diabetes/pre-diabetes! I'm glad you are still no sugar. That's amazing news about the treadmill, yay!!!

@TrishasTime Hello darling! Thank you! May 21st is the closing of escrow and we pick up the keys that day. There are no washer/dryer hookups in the condo (unfortunately), so that is out. We are looking at this as our first home, a starter home, and maybe we will build equity and move in 10 years.

@prisoner2food 25 lbs is an amazing weight loss, congratulations! Have fun in Mexico.

Hello all. Every day seems like something else needs to be done towards the closing of the condo: last night, I had to do a 1 hour online homebuying course for the certificate. I also had to submit a bunch of paperwork that I felt I already submitted. :/ Hopefully nothing is due today. I want to relax this weekend. I'm supposed to go for a walk later today with a friend, I'm looking forward to that. Here's my menu for this week (remember: I'm eating keto):

Smoky Turmeric Chicken Wings + Quick and Easy Parmesan Zucchini Fries
    Low-Carb Keto Cheese Taco Shells + ground turkey, etc. for tacos
    Keto Meatloaf + Loaded Cauliflower
    Keto Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms Sauce (except I'm using breasts) + roasted broccoli
    Easy Low-Carb Cauliflower Fried Rice (adding chicken breast)
    Fathead Pizza Crust Recipe (Low Carb Keto Pizza) (we love this!)

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    Morning everyone

@trooworld - I am certain that I filled in the same paperwork when we sold the investment property over and over again and of course everyone wants it yesterday. So boy am I am hearing you . What is this thing -doing an online course on home buying??? It is part of your settlement. We do not have that here.
    Should you get sick of going down ot the laundry, bear in mind that there is only 2 of you and you could swap out the dishwasher - which is already plumbed and put in a front loader washing machine. (this is what they do here) But I am so excited for you - your very first home !!!!

@gemwol110 - Is there any relief you can get or a a chiropractor / physio / massage person you can see? Backs are horrible - my sympathies

@prisoner2food - Grrrr..... "Only lost 25 out of you 45" Do not be so hard on yourself - you lost and you lost it whilst being away on holidays - I say Well done Karen :)

Foot is giving me the poops. Life goes on

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I hope you found some boxes. Remember back in the day when you could just go to the back of Krogers and get all the boxes you need for free? Then along came recycling. lol Okay so back on plan for today to make sure you don't gain weight these next three weeks. Your recipes look good.

@teresaw1020 What fun games you plan. What's your plan for exercise in FL? So what would you have done differently the next time that your boss asks you out for lunch? Remember the 100 day lesson we just had about what did we learn from the experience?

@its_cleo Did you pick up your phone? Its hard to have pain in one area and nothing you do helps. At least you were able to do the arm exercises.

@cbabie Yaaaay you found yourself a treadmill. Now you can get back to walking everyday. I know you enjoy that. Yeah, diabetes. I wonder what other countries rates are compared to the US. I think we are the fattest country of all. But the portion sizes are so big here. Plus food is everywhere. And people make money off the fact that we are sick. Huge incentive to keep us all unhealthy. They laugh all the way to the bank.

@trishastime Birthday party was fun. We played Taboo. I didn't follow my plan for exercise. Actually a matter of forgetting. I should have had it written down. That tells you right there it's not a habit. I spent the entire afternoon cooking and we had lots of food. Plus I always make it potluck. But still think, what if there's not enough food. So then everyone got to take a plate home with them and they didn't have to cook the next day. I don't eat alot when I'm busy like that. I did get in alot of steps though. What I did learn is that I need to plan a rest day for the day after a party that I host. I want to do NOTHING. Which is what I did so no big sticker for me. Interesting idea on swapping out the dishwasher for the washing machine. Although you would still have to go somewhere to dry the clothes. I was talking to my daughter today about making sure her new apartment complex has a gym and she says more importantly is an onsite laundry. She hates going to the laundromat. This week is her last week of clinical rotations and then she's done until she starts her new job at the end of August. Praying your foot heals faster.

@prisoner2food Mexico seems like fun. Although it makes me nervous thinking about going there. I'm paranoid. 25 lbs is great. You can start on the other 20 lbs once you return home and rest up from your trip. You can do it

@gemwolf110 I can't believe May is here already too. But I love all the flowers everywhere. I'm pretty satisfied about my current progress towards my weight loss goal. I'm about 3 lbs behind where I want to be though. But farther along than I usually am at this point of the year. How about you? Ouch on the back? That doesn't help. So now you have another good reason to lose some more weight. Back pain is awful. Any kind of pain makes me want to comfort eat all the time. I hope you find some quick relief for your back.

Went over calories by 18. drank all my water. Did NOT exercise. wrote in my journal. No sticker day.

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    So today was my weigh in day. I’ve been trying to stay at maintenance calories, while not eating back my exercise calories which theoretically means I should use a little bit of weight. Not so. This is the second week I’ve gained. So I’m disappointed and I don’t really understand, except that I assume MFP calculations about what my maintenance is are wrong. Because I had a defecit of like 2000 exercise calories.

So I have two reactions- frustrated and overeat, or try to cut more, or try to stay the course as it has only been two weeks on maintenance. I’m afraid if I go for option 2, cutting, I will rebel and then overeat.

So I said I would try this for a month, so I’m in week 2 so I will just keep on and see how it goes. This week will be hard because I have two lunches, and a drinks to go to.

For my back- the pain is caused by hip tightness/dysfunction so I found some hip mobility streteches on youtube and will try to do them a few times this week and see if that helps.

@theslightedgeforever sounds like the party was fun. I love playing games. And yeah anytime I do something like that I am always a couch potato the next day lol.

The food and portion sizes in the US are big. My dad loves to eat and he loves to go to the US partly because of the food. Although I think there are issues with diabetes here as well.

@gemwolf110 sorry to hear about your back! That kind of thing is always tough and it is especially frustrating when you’re trying to get healthy.

@TrishasTime sorry to hear about your foot and broken bits. Slow and steady I guess. It can be frustrating when it's a long process.

I got my phone and it’s beautiful, and I’m really happy with it except the battery life is not as good as I would have expected. I’m still fiddling with it to see if there is anything I can do to minimize it. Yeah, I was off contract so I went to the cheapest provider. They are pretty good.

@trooworld I’m so excited for you! I know it’s a lot of work but it will be worth it. And yeah, once you have a place you can build value and then trade up when you’re ready.

Today I am going on a short walk with friends and then dinner/drinks. I don't have to go to the office tomorrow and still waiting for my client.
  • trooworld
    @gemwolf110 I'm sorry to hear about your back incident. I hope it gets better soon!

@TrishasTime The online course is because our property qualified for a special discounted interest rate program called Home Possible, and to participate in that program, you have to go through their free online course to make sure you are prepared for home buying. It was just another thing to add to the to-do list!!! That's an interesting idea about the dishwasher. Thanks, we are excited as well!!!

@theslightedgeforever We did---we are picking up 30 medium-sized boxes this morning from someone and we got about 5 yesterday plus a bunch of bubble wrap. Yes, I remember that, all nice sturdy banana boxes/produce boxes! Those days are definitely gone. :( I have two weekends to pack up this apartment and garage, hopefully, we can do it. I always liked Taboo. I'm glad the party went well.

@its_cleo I would also assume MFP calculations might be wrong. Try this one at Baylor College of Medicine, it might be the same, but might not be: https://www.bcm.edu/cnrc-apps/caloriesneed.cfm Congrats on the new phone!!! Thanks, I'm excited (but anxious as heck and nervous!) too. Have fun with your friends!

Hello all! Today, we are going to start sorting and packing the garage. This is a monumental task, but I hope to get a lot of it done. My husband will be of minimal help, as his back is still bothering him. But we have to get this show on the road, as we don't have much time before the move! We drove by the new condo yesterday and it's a good 20-minute walk from the main road (which is bad for my husband, because he doesn't drive, and if he occasionally takes the bus to see his brother). But that is also good because it's away from the noise and busy street. Wish me luck packing today!

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    Morning everyone :)

Its_cleo - When I was on maintenance (back when the dinosaurs roamed), I really had to experiment to find that magic number. I know that most of the people I know had to do that as well- keep trying - you WILL find the magic number that suits you.

@gemwolf110 - Did the shot give you some relief???

@trooworld - Just think of the walking as his planned exercise :) just as you packing will be as well. Are you taking leave to move? Was the house empty when you saw it? I ask this as we empty the house here and then magically photoshop some furniture in. I forgot to ask - is your new home up a level? of on the ground floor.

@theslightedgeforever - I am hearing you after a party - but I think you would have done enough exercise for 2 days just on the day of prep. This is what you would call a planned day off.

Back to work today

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    @its_cleo Sorry about the gain. I guess just note the number of average calories you did eat and even that is not going to be maintenance levels if you gained. Are you measuring all of your food and tracking it? That also would be a factor of why the formula didn't work. It's all just data for your experiment. Also remember that being considered in maintenance a fluctuation of a pound or two is normal. Also, any excess sodium this week right before weigh in? Is it close to "that time of the month"? So many factors could be at play here. I'm about at about 1472 calories averaged for the week and I didn't lose as much as I wanted to. So do you have a plan for the two lunches and drinks?

@trooworld You can do it! That was my motivation speech for packing. lol Just remember it will all be over soon and then you'll be able to enjoy your new condo. Make lots of new healthy recipes in a new kitchen. The good news about that 20 min walk to the main road is that it's built in exercise. If you want to go somewhere you could always walk to the bus station and take the bus and then walk back home. 40 min right there.

@trishastime Yeah I was busy on the prep day for the party but no real 'planned' exercise. I'm always thinking of my big stickers. Still working on my 100 day plan. Just had my 20 day weigh in.

@gemwolf110 I'm glad you found some relief for a little while.

So I had my Day 20 weigh in and lost 0.7 lbs. This 100 day I'm not doing as well but I'm still hanging in there. I'm still within a doable range of what I want to be successful which is 10 lbs lost during this 100 days. I'm at a total of 0.8 out of 2. So for now I just work on this next 10 days and try to lose a lb. More would be better since I'm behind.

I stayed within my food boundaries. Drank all my water. Took a rest day for exercise but got in 15 min. No journaling as of yet.

16946213.png

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning everyone! :)

@its_cleo, I love getting a new phone! I carry the church cell phone with me all the time and I just upgraded to the iPhone Xs and love it! It is very expensive, but the camera is so amazing and since I’m also the photographer for all church events, I got my husband (the church finance director) to agree to the upgrade. Have fun with yours!! :)

@cbabie, I am so happy to read that you are doing better! <3 That is awesome about getting a treadmill. Have you started using it? And yes, diabetes is rampant and so unnecessary! I was just watching a video with Dr. Jason Fung and he said that the medical community is very slow to change but he is seeing a slow change in how they are starting to treat diabetes. That would be good news.

@TrishasTime, good for you for not weighing!! Fasting isn’t that hard really. I didn’t make it 21 hours that day. I did make it to 20 which was good for me. I’m working on listening to my body and when it says it starts getting insistent that I eat then I do so.

@prisoner2food, have a fantastic time in Mexico!! And losing 25 lbs is awesome!! B)

@gemwolf, I’m so sorry that you hurt your back! <3 I’ve been there many times and know that dreaded popping sound and then the pain. Lots of rest and gentle walking and stretching helps mine. And yes, losing weight will help too.

@trooworld, packing is a huge project, but you will get it done. Bummer about hubby’s back and not being able to really help. Do you have any family or friends you can bribe with some of your good cooking to come help? ;)

@theslightedgeforever, I probably won’t get much exercise in while in Florida. There is a park across the street from my sister’s so if the weather permits maybe I will take her grand kids and we can go for a walk. If nothing else I plan to do some stretches throughout the day. Last year, I sat on their sofa for three days and my body was hurting so bad from the lack of activity. Not this time!! Hey, you are losing so that is good news!! Just keep at it and you will get there! I did give up the 100 day challenge since I decided to take my scales away for May. Not sure if I made a mistake but I’m in it now so I will carry on. :/

Y'all, I have got to quit waiting so long to come on here and write to you!! Please forgive me if I missed responding to anything that I should have! <3 I had a very busy weekend but the highlight was that yesterday, hubby and I went to the outlet mall and did some shopping for new shirts for my trip. I have never had the guts to walk into Chico's or Talbot's but I did and I tried on some super cute tops that were an XL that actually fit me! I was so excited and now more motivated than ever. I told hubby that we should go try on clothes at least once a month just to keep me moving forward. :D
  • trooworld
    @TrishasTime That's true, lots of exercise! Yes, I am, if I have enough vacation time, I am taking May 22-24 off. Plus, Monday 27th is Labor Day here, so we have that off. :) The house was not empty, it was staged with nice furniture, but it should be empty when we see it on Thursday. It is on the ground floor, which will make it nice for moving (our current apartment is on the ground floor as well).

@theslightedgeforever lol thank you! I packed 4 boxes yesterday, that's a start? True about the walk. And it will likely take me 30 minutes, as I'm slower than my husband. ;) I can't wait to cook in that kitchen! It's so nice and has room for all my gadgets lol. re: the 100 day challenge...hang in there, you had a rough go at first, but you are on a good path now!

Hi all. Regarding my weight loss this week: I didn't weigh-in last Monday, so if I measure my weight from last Sunday, I am down 4 lbs. If I measure from last Tuesday, I am down 1.8 lbs. In total, I am down 10.1 lbs since starting the keto way of eating on 4/13/19. I haven't had acid reflux/heartburn/GERD issues since starting and I feel pretty good. I think I will continue this way of eating for now.

EMPOWERED.

67929161.png
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning all! I have gotten on my treadmill 2 times. I have to get back into the routine. My life has been crazy, I am in the middle of somethings that are life changing personally and then work/church. A whole new church took over the church I was going to and working at..still not sure about the whole thing..but still no ice cream, cake, doughnuts..etc lol

@TeresaW1020 I hope you enjoy your trip to FL. I would love to have a new iphone. I currently use a samsung 9. They told me the camera was better than the Iphone and since I had a new GGD, I chose that one.. :( Yea on the Chico's!!!

@trooworld I am so happy for you, moving is exciting and stressful at the same time. However, use this time to de clutter. LOL

@gemwolf110 I am so sorry to hear about your back. I have a BF with back issues and she is older than me. She has been doing great, but I just found out she took a nasty fall down a flight of stairs and has 3 broken ribs and a a bad bruised/blood spot on her side. So please take care of yourself and stretches, rest...I know you have heard it all before...but there is only one YOU..

@TrishasTime I hope your foot heals quickly! take care of you!!

@its_cleo I don't care what people say. Maintenance is hard. LOL you will find it, just keep trying. NEVER GIVE UP.

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Morning everyone

@cbabie - Wow that would be a huge change in itself as far as your church/work goes. I am glad you found some time for your new treadmill. Do you like it?

@TeresaW2010 - Woo Hoo XL tops in a standard store - that is definitely rated as a high five. How long before you go on your trip?

@trooworld - I am so pleased for you - Best of luck for Thursday. Make sure you check every little thing and do not feel you are being rushed through the inspection

@theslightedgeforever - Day 20 - that is good news.

I am taking pain for the foot, so I can sleep at nighttime, I think that with the lack of sleep caused lack of concentration and I missed smashing into the back of someone's car in front of me by a mere 2 inches. You got the picture, brakes slammed on, car skidding side to side speed. Off to doctor today as I can not go on without sleep,.

Catch you later
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trishastime I hope you get some much needed sleep.