To All My Professional Yo-Yo Dieters

l5iwupyd29kj.png

I know exactly how you feel. I've been the same person. I lost weight on accident once and thought I would stay small forever. I was wrong. It takes patience and commitment and an adjusted attitude. It's not always easy, you don't always get to eat what you want, but it will be worth it. I got to taste success once and it only makes me want it that much more, and trust me, success tastes so much better than anything else ever could.

Replies

• wildrosewood
    wildrosewood Posts: 63 Member
    Wait, how do you lose weight on accident?

Also, well done, especially for continuing to move forward despite setbacks! I've definitely experienced some ups and downs, and it's helpful to hear that it's worth it!
  • SteroidalLolita
    SteroidalLolita Posts: 122 Member
    Wait, how do you lose weight on accident?

Also, well done, especially for continuing to move forward despite setbacks! I've definitely experienced some ups and downs, and it's helpful to hear that it's worth it!

Haha, weelllll. Mostly I just couldn’t afford to feed myself. If I’d had it my way I would’ve still been eating like a hog, I’m sure. One day I woke up and my pants REALLY didn’t fit and I was just like “...oh”.

• losinginnursingschool
    losinginnursingschool Posts: 10 Member
    I can relate! I was 200, down to 150 about 5 years ago and now I’m up to 250.
  • SteroidalLolita
    I can relate! I was 200, down to 150 about 5 years ago and now I’m up to 250.

We got this, girl!
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    I lost weight by accident a few years ago. I had been doing a lot of walking. I didn't notice I had lost weight until I stepped on a scale and saw that I lost 20 pounds. Unfortunately, I have gained them back since then. I should do more walking again.
  • SteroidalLolita
    I lost weight by accident a few years ago. I had been doing a lot of walking. I didn't notice I had lost weight until I stepped on a scale and saw that I lost 20 pounds. Unfortunately, I have gained them back since then. I should do more walking again.

It really is way too easy to lose when you're not trying. When you try it's tougher. :D
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Been a yo yo Dieter pretty much all my life! Thank you for posting this! Really needed it.

And you are doing awesome! You got this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!