NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @teresaw1020 Just pick up where you were on the 100 day challenge June 1. You could even still do the challenge even though you aren't weighing in. Whatever goal you set for yourself per week would still be counted. You just wouldn't know the results of that goal until you weigh in during June. My 100 day challenge has a 42 day hiatus right in the middle of it because of my vacation. I love Chicos. Now you can order their outlet stuff online. You could try and find a local school with a track. Maybe they have some bleachers too. Take the kids there and you can all walk around the track and climb up and down the bleachers. I did that one year on vacation.

@trooworld I'm so thrilled for your weight loss and that you have found your way of eating that you like. 4 boxes is a good start.

@cbabie So use the same logic for your treadmill routine that you have with your no sugar routine. It will come.

Went over my food boundaries. Drank all my water. No exercise. Journal done. No sticker day.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @cbabie It sounds like a lot of stress right now, it's a good thing you have your treadmill to walk on to take that stress out on! I'm glad you are still staying away from that sugar. re: the condo...thanks! I am definitely stressed lol! On Sunday, we took a carload of stuff to the Goodwill, I hope we can get rid of more stuff for sure!

@TrishasTime Thanks! We hired the best inspector we could find, hopefully, he/she's as good as we hear! We'll be sure and be thorough. Oh my gosh! Do be careful, Trish! I hope you can start getting better sleep. I'm so sorry that you are in so much pain.

@theslightedgeforever Me too! Yes, 4 boxes are good but it's a drop in the bucket lol. Yay for drinking all your water!

Hi all! Our appraisal came back and it came back at exactly what we bid on the condo at! Isn't that something? I also heard that we passed the underwriting process, they are just waiting on documentation from us to prove our downpayment source! I'm so excited. Still OP.

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Thanks @cbabie! Sounds like you have a lot going on, but at least you are still trying! Cool that you found a treadmill. That sounds like a lot of change with your church- don’t think I’ve heard of that before.
    @trooworld it sounds beautiful. I moved so much when I was younger I was like a packing queen. I used to just put on music and get at it, of course I wasn’t working full time. At least once you make this move you will be there a long time!

@TeresaW2010 the shopping trip sounds fun. I agree that is the best part of losing weight- the clothes. I hope the weather is good for your trip, and you get out to the park. Yeah sitting like that is not good, bad for hips and back usually but it’s very hard when we’re away. Youtube has lots of stretching/mobility videos.

@theslightedgeforever the weighin- it’s possible it was due to pms, I’m not sure. We’ll see what next week says. But yeah I am going to assess all the data in a month! Oh and you say you are not doing as well this 100 day challenge- maybe it’s bc you lost so much weight before? I read as we get closer to our goal (and thus weigh less) it takes longer to lose weight. Ie someone over 200lbs would lose weight at a faster rate than someone 160.
    Drinks on Sunday- I had a dinner at home, so my plan was to not eat pub food on top of drinking beer so that worked out.

Lunch tomorrow is at a vegetarian restaurant so I haven’t checked the menu yet but hopefully it will be healthy and not too calorie heavy.

Brunch next weekend with my uncle and that will be a calorie high lol. So I will try to bank some calories during the week to cover it.

@TrishasTime how goes it?

@gemwolf110 hope your back is improving.

There are some Canada geese around where I live, and today I saw two geese with maybe half a dozen ducklings. They were cute but I was kind of scared for them as they were on a busy street. It was cool seeing the parents walk one in front one in back, with the ducklings in the middle.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Morning everyone

@trooworld - that is great news. Not sure how your banks do appraisals - in Aus, they are very conservative. Which if they do the same in US, then you already have some equity in your home.

@theslightedgeforever - Today is a new day and a new beginning.. I know you are aiming for a big sticker today.

@its_cleo - Love your planning fitting your social events with day to day

Hey guys - I have been hit with another wave of news. My father in law has been diagnosed with lung cancer. He is in his mid eighties. Still absorbing it. I may be MIA some days as we all come up to speed with what the next step is. MIL is nearly 90, does not drive and has alot of issues herself. DH is in that river again - denial - where he does not really absorb it, he knows it but does not absorb it.

Went to doctor yesterday and he sending me for even more xrays and CT scans. (this was all before we got the news)
    I saw a word on the bus going past yesterday. HOPE - Hold On Pain Ends. That is my word for this week

Trish
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld, down 10.1 is fabulous!! I still haven’t gotten fully onto Keto but you are inspiring me to look at it more seriously! I just don’t want to cut any food groups out of my life but I definitely think low carb is the way to go. You are doing awesome! And yayyyy to things going right for you on the condo. Buying a home is so stressful. I remember!! You just want the keys in your hand. :D

@cbabie, Wow! I couldn’t imagine if a whole other church took over my church and work. Are you going to be able to keep your position? You are staying in my payers with everything you got going on. Yayyyy to getting on the treadmill and saying no to sugar!! That is amazing considering the stress you are under. I am in awe of you! <3
    @theslightedgeforever, you are right that I will probably pick back up or begin again once June is here. What I won’t’ do is put it on the fridge for hubby to view and ponder the complexity of weight loss and gains. I would love to climb bleachers, but my knees won’t go for that. I have stairs at work that I would like to climb. Maybe when more weight comes off.

@its_cleo, today I was driving down a very busy street and a whole family of geese was just cruising along. Some were on one side and some on the other. Both lanes had to stop and wait for a couple of them to make up their minds about which side of the street they want to be on. I sure hope they all make it OK!!

@TrishasTime, I so very sorry about your father-in-law having lung cancer! That is all very stressful, and I hope your DH can face it head on because he is going to have to. (((hugs my friend)))

Well, after a week with no scale and a chocolate fountain on Sunday, I am happy to report that I lost 1.4 lbs and I’m now back down to where I was before I went away on that conference. Not really happy that it took me three weeks but that is what it took. Probably should stop having dinner parties! :p I leave on Saturday for Florida to see my family and will come home late Tuesday. So, that is a lot of eating off plan and I'm a little worried but I am going to try to not go too crazy. *Fingers crossed*

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I'm glad everything is going so well in the condo move. Soon you'll just be sitting around enjoying the fruits of your labor. Good for you for staying OP during this time

@its_cleo oh I'm far away from goal. 55 lbs to be exact. I don't have the motivation to get big stickers like I did the first 100 days. But I'll still have 70 days after vacation to correct what I've done. So all is good. The Canadian geese sounded cute.

@Trishastime Sorry about your fil. Goodness you are ready for some good news in your life. I love the acronym HOPE. Yeah, my dh was in that same river with his mother and dementia.

@Teresaw1020 Yaaay on the weight loss. That's why we are here. Now make good choices while you are in FL otherwise it will be another three weeks of you trying to lose that weight. How about eat what you want but only half of it. Note to self: Follow the advice you just gave Teresa when you go on vacation. ;)

Did not stay within my food boundary. Got in 15 min walk. Drank all my water. Wrote in my journal.
  • trooworld
    @its_cleo That's true! We hope to be there for a long time. Hopefully, the geese stay safe! There are baby bunnies on our work property right by the entrance to the building and I hadn't seen them for a couple of weeks but I saw some animal feces and I thought maybe coyotes got them :( . But then I saw one of the baby bunnies yesterday so that made me happy!

@TrishasTime I don't know? But I'm just glad we didn't overpay. I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law's cancer, Trisha. HOPE - that is a good word for you to hold onto, dear. ((( HUGS )))

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yes, I was hesitant to cut things out, but I thought I'd give it a go since nothing else seems to be working. Homebuying is the worst!!! :( Congrats on the loss, well done! I hope you have fun in Florida.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks!

Hello all. Yesterday, they had to take my brother-in-law to the ER because his face was drooping and they were afraid he had a stroke. He's been through so much in the past year, in and out of the hospital with several surgeries. I hope he's okay. Still waiting to hear news. This is a very stressful time for us. On top of that, I found out last night that we might be closing on the condo EARLY: May 14th!!! Holy guacamole! That was fast. Need to turbo boost our packing efforts.

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    @trooworld I'm sorry to hear about your brother in law, that sounds difficult. I hope he is okay. I'm sure it's hard to worry about him and be there for your family while in the middle of buying a condo and getting ready to move. How is your husband doing, is his back getting better?

Bunnies sound cute...none of those around here. We do have a coyote around. I saw it on one of my walks.

@theslightedgeforever are you on vacation now? Sorry I can't recall....I remember you said you were visting your daughter and helping her?

@TeresaW1020 that is great you are back where you were! Yes it sure does take longer to lose it than gain it. I went through that earlier this year.

Neat when the traffic stops for the geese. A friend of mine said it;s funny- drivers can be honking, swearing but there's baby geese trying to cross the road and everyone's like hold up! Wait for the ducklings. Like it brings out the best in people

@TrishasTime I am so sorry to hear about your FIL being ill. My aunt had lung cancer. Cancer is such an awful disease! I really like what you say about HOPE. My thoughts are with you and your family. Do they know what stage it is at?

So I feel like my post is petty but I was going to complain about the veggie restaurant I went to today. It's funny how people think they are eating healthy by eating vegan or vegetarian but the calories are through the roof. Not to mention salt or fat content. So a lot of the meals were 1000 calories, a lot came with fries as a side. I cut back the rest of the day to make up for it. It was a nice to catch up with my friend though.

I would take a nice steak any day lol. Or sushi. Or a burger.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Even though you close on the 14th, you don't necessarily have to move the next day right? Cause I imagine that you have paid up your rent til the end of the month. But I know you really want to get in and be in the condo. Sorry about your bil. He's had so much to go through this year. I hope all will be well.

@its_cleo No I'm still here. I leave next Tuesday. I wish I was already on vacation then I could just be maintaining my weight instead of suppose to be losing weight mode. I think I have vacationitis. Interesting take on the veggie place but you are so correct. I still need to get more veggies in my life. That's one of my new goals once I return home.

Stayed within food boundaries. No exercise. Drank all my water. No journaling.
  • trooworld
    @its_cleo Thank you. The doctors think he had a mini-stroke. He's okay for now. It is hard, there is enough stress in the home buying process, and now I'm super stressed. My husband's back is somewhat better, he can walk around but he's still in a lot of pain. He starts physical therapy in June, so hopefully, that will help. Thanks for asking! Oh, I get it about the vegetarian restaurant. You think you are doing a good thing by going there but noooo. Sushi, I love sushi!

@theslightedgeforever Yes that is correct, we are going to trickle our stuff into the condo, taking our time. But you are also correct that we want to hurry up and get in there. Thank you re: BIL. Yes, he's been through a lot.

Hello all. BIL had a mini-stroke, that's what the doctors think. He's at home now. Home buying process continues today: the home inspection. Stress stress stress up to my neck. I can't wait to be settled in. I ate on plan last night. Not for lunch, but for dinner (lunch was leftover pizza from dinner the night before that we had gotten from the grocery store on Tuesday night...too exhausted to cook and was emotionally eating).

EMPOWERED.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all! I loved sitting reading all the post with you guys encouraging each other. I am trying to find balance in my food still, but I am still no sugar. Its been raining here so much. The weather originally said rain today, but no rain all week..well I think they had it backwards..LOL I will try to answer all the post, but not sure if I have time today. Just know that I am thinking of each of you and seems like life is continuing to happen to all of us.

@trooworld congrats on the weight loss and the condo maybe closing early. How exciting!!! I am so sorry about your BIL, I just smh at all your family has been through. Just keep helping your DH and yourself to eat healthy, exercise and lower the stress. That all plays a part, even though they say some have higher risks than others.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you, it is very stressful. I didn't exactly keep my position as I was also the Pastors admin, but I am still working with the kids for now and I am still over the Sunday Service. I hope you enjoy your time with your family. Try to maintain, but you know it's only a few days...just enjoy!!

@TrishasTime I am so sorry about your FIL and all the news you have been getting lately. I can tell you this. I needed your post about H.O.P.E. today. I have never heard that one and it's exactly what my family needs. I will be praying for you and your family. I totally understand about the no sleep. I know when I broke my knee years ago and I mean NOTHING took the pain away, my life was so upside down. I finally found a Dr who could tell me why and helped me. I still to this day, if I step at a wrong angle get that nerve pain down my shin into my foot...but you know I am pain free 99.9% of the time. God healed my leg and put me with the right Dr.

@its_cleo I had not heard or been through this before either. I had to laugh when you talked about the vegetarian...yea I would rather have a hamburger..LOL

okay gals I have to run.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning! :)

@trooworld, so sorry about your brother-in-law! That is very scary! Yes, you are super stressed out right now but you just gotta keep your eye on the prize. You will soon be in your own home trying to decide where to put everything that you moved in! Try to have some fun with the process so you will have memories to look back on that aren't too horrible. <3

@theslightedgeforever, I do plan to try to not overdo it in Florida. Now, let's see if I do what I plan! :p

@its_cleo, we have a wonderful vegetarian restaurant in town but yes the calories are through the roof! We don't go there because we want to eat healthily. :D

@cbabie, I hope everything goes well with the church transitions. <3

Well, today is packing day for my trip! I'm excited to go see them and pray that we will have a good time together. It will mostly just be us hanging out. My mom, sister, brother-in-law, niece, and her two small children all live in the same small house. I will be staying in a hotel. ;) I leave early tomorrow morning and I might be able to come and read your post but not sure if I will be able to write since I will only have my phone. You all be good and I will see you for sure next Friday! <3

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I think you are doing a good job during this stressful time of staying on your plan. This too shall pass as they say.

@cbabie Have you been using your treadmill? You will find your balance.

@teresaw1020 That's my thought, let's see if I do what I plan. Although anything would be an improvement over what I'm doing now. I'm trying to get back into it by small baby steps. Those seem to work better for me. Enjoy the time with your family.

• TrishasTime
    Good morning everyone

@cbabie - I am sorry you did not keep the position as the pastor's admin. Perhaps it is life's way of allowing you more time for yourself. You too have been through in the last year, with grandbabies living with you, husband retiring. You finding your treadmill seemed to have come at a good time (hugs)

@trooworld - I am sad to hear about your BIL. You too are taking the load at the moment with your DH, BIL, working fulltime and moving. Good job on keeping to your plan, please ensure you have time for yourself, because it seems you are the strong one keeping everything together. I was wondering why 2 weeks to get physical therapy?

@theslightedgeforever - I am sorry, I missed where you are going on your vacation? How do you think you are going to go on your second 100 days whilst you are vacationing? What plans do you have in place

@its-cleo - goodness me - I automatically assumed there would be healthy options as well as the calories laden at a vegetarian restaurant. I can see why most people would think Vege and healthy in the same sentence

Okay - update on FIL, it seems they did not get enough of the biopsy and now they are unsure what sort of melanoma it is. He has now been put on antibiotics and they are doing another biopsy on Monday. One doctor says surgery, chemo and rad. The other doctor says - well maybe not.

It is mothers day tomorrow here in Aus, so we are picking up MIL after lunch and taking her to the hospital, so she can visit.

I made a decision last night, that no matter how busy I am with this stuff, I still need to journal, my weight has spiraled up since I have been on the grab and go routine with the family stuff. I am important too and if I do not look after me, who will look after them

Take care everyone

Trosh
  • trooworld
    @cbabie congrats on no sugar, that's great! I'm sorry it's been raining so much there. It's been raining off and on for days here, which is really unusual. Thank you re: the condo and the weight loss and BIL. I'm sorry you lost your Pastor's admin position but glad you got to keep your working with the kids position.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yeah, it's going to be a lot of work packing this place up. I hope you have a good time in Florida!

@theslightedgeforever Thank you, I appreciate that. It will pass soon, I hope! :)

@TrishasTime Thank you. DH couldn't get into physical therapy sooner than June, that was the soonest they have an appointment. He's very frustrated by that. re: time for myself...my mornings with my coffee and you gals are my time ;) . I'll be thinking good thoughts for your FIL. It is Mother's Day tomorrow here. You have a good point...on the plane, when they do the oxygen mask thing, they always say put your own oxygen mask on first before you try to assist anyone else, right?

Hello everyone. Yesterday I had a much-needed break from the endless phone calls, texts, and emails to/from my realtor, mortgage broker, and escrow agent. I only emailed my realtor once about something. It was so nice not to obsess about the condo for a day. Did I still think about the condo? Yesss...DH and I were online window shopping for new furniture. But at least I wasn't signing documents! We had the inspection and there are just a few minor things that we are asking the seller to fix. We'll see if they fix them or not. I had planned on packing all weekend long but forgot it was Mother's Day weekend and found out we were going over to my BIL and SIL's apartment to celebrate today. So, a slight break in the packing. Last night, I didn't feel like cooking, we ordered food delivery but we made a healthy choice: poke bowls. I hope you all have a great Saturday!

EMPOWERED.
  • its_cleo
    Well it's Saturday! I feel completely lazy, not sure why. I had breakfast with my uncle and it was nice. I was under my calories for the week so I could splurge a little.

@trooworld glad you were able to get a break for a day. I guess the one thing with everything with the condo happening so fast and all at once is that it will also be over quickly. I assume all the business stuff will be over once you move in?

Shopping for furniture is fun. I need a bunch of new things for my apartment. I wish I could hire a decorator or something. I'm not very good at it.

@TrishasTime I think you are right to think about what you need too, whether it is coming here or something else. Taking a but of time for yourself can make a world of difference. I hope you can get some answers for your FIL soon.

@TeresaW1020 I hope you have a great time on your trip! I think staying in a hotel is a great idea. I would totally do that. Then you can rest and be refreshed and happy when you do spend time with them.

@cbabie really nice to hear from you :) I hope some of your stress has gotten better. It's good you can still work with the children at your church.

@theslightedgeforever maybe taking the vacation and going into maintenance mode for a little while is just what you need, before continuing with your challenge. Hopefully it will leave you refreshed and motivated again.

So as I said I feel super lazy today, no energy not sure why. But I will drag myself to the gym. I'm supposed to go out to dinner tonight, but not sure if I will. The good news- I am just about finished week 3 of my 4 week maintenance plan and my calories are down for the first time, and my weight seems to have dropped a bit too. One more week and then I will see how much to adjust downward. But I will be taking baby steps so that maybe I can be more successful with changing the habits.

Maybe I was too hard on the vegetarian place lol. Years ago I tried t be vegetarian, and I just couldn't do it. No matter how you try there is only so much you can with beans, tofu, etc. Also I find nothing makes me feel fuller/better than meat, of course lean, good quality meat, etc. I also try to buy it from the farmers market so I know the animals have been treated decently.

Anyway I hope all of you have a great weekend with all of your plans. I have a dinner tonight (maybe) and a hike tomorrow- 7km.
  • TrishasTime
    Good morning everyone

Happy mothers day :)

@trooworld - Love shopping for furniture - do not like the cost though :( Is the BIL that you are going over to see - the same one who had a mini-stroke?? I thought he would still be in the hospital

@its_cleo - I can only do one vege meal a week, I like the fullness that the meat protein gives me as well.

Today for me - it is off to see one parent and then go and see MIL and take her to the hospital.

Take care

Trish

• theslightedgeforever
    @trishastime I'm going to see my daughter graduate from med school. Then go on a short 4-5 day vacation with her and finish our road trip from last year. Dh will just stay in her apartment. We were heading up the east coast and never made it to Boston up to Maine. Then we're packing up her apartment and moving her across country (That should be fun, NOT). Stay 3 days in her new town trying to figure out apartments where it is the safest place, shortest commute time to her new job. Then drive to see my son and stay with him for a bit.
    My plan for 100 day is just maintaining my weight and not journaling. I had 65 days this year to use for that purpose and I'm using 42 of them for this trip. I'll be using my daughters scale to make sure I'm actually maintaining. Although I've given myself permission to gain up to 3.5 on this trip. Seeing as I've gained weight the past week, I'll have to cut that back a bit. I'll continue on with Day 31 when I return home from trip. In the meantime, I've found another book to journal out of while I'm gone. It's called the Emotional Eating Workbook. It will help me stay in the habit of journaling each day. I'm surprised you all have Mothers Day the same day as the US. I figured you would have followed the British Mother's Day for some reason. Happy Mother's Day to you too. I hope they figure out a plan for your FIL. The hardest part is the waiting.

@trooworld OK, what are poke bowls? lol I always learn new things from you. At least you got a little break in the packing although later the time will have to be made up somewhere.

@its_cleo Yes, I'm hoping this little time away will bring back my motivation. Maybe you can do a modified vegetarian plan. Like Meatless Mondays or other days and then have meat on certain days. Start with one day a week no meat and then cut to two and so forth to see what is the ideal number for you per week. When I return from vacation, that's what I'm going to do with my salads. I got so burnt out on salads I won't eat them right now. So I need to start with one and then keep adding a day to see where my limit is. Woohoo on losing some weight.

I hope you all have a nice Mother's Day for those celebrating. My daughter will call as usual, my boys will completely forget as usual. Sometimes she sends them a text saying CALL MOM.

• trooworld
    @its_cleo I sure hope so! I think so. The problem with the decorating is that my husband and I have different ideas...my husband wants to cheap everything out and I want to be thrifty but not get things out of the garbage. ;) We'll eventually come to a compromise, I guess! I'm glad you had fun with your uncle. I tried to be vegetarian for 9 months but like you say, I got bored lol. I hope you had a nice dinner last night and enjoy your hike today!

@TrishasTime Happy Mother's Day to you! Yes, that is the same BIL (I only have one). No, he got out of the hospital earlier this week. He is doing better. Yes, the cost is not fun in furniture shopping.

@theslightedgeforever Happy Mother's Day, and what a great present your daughter is giving you, congrats to your daughter! Poke bowls (the way I have them) are: lettuce, raw salmon, imitation crab, spicy tuna, avocado, cucumber, edamame, cilantro, green onion, seaweed salad and some Asian sauces (Ponzu and "Poki"). It's super good! I am attaching a picture of a bowl from the place we usually get (although it's not my picture and not what I usually get). Most people get rice instead of lettuce.

Hi all! Well, no packing was done yesterday. I had a mini-meltdown at my inlaw's house because we watched a movie, ate and then I thought we were leaving to go home and pack but when I said that, my husband said, no let's stay and watch another movie. I said the packing fairies aren't going to come and pack us up. And everyone laughed at me and my mother-in-law said she'd come over and help. But we won't let her do that lol. We will do a lot of it today, I hope. I don't want to get on the scale tomorrow, it's going to yell at me.

EMPOWERED.
    23s2ug5xb1ky.jpg
  • TrishasTime
    Good morning everyone

@trooworld - Packing fairies :) I bet they are similar to the cleaning fairies:) Like the picture of your poke bowl so basically i is salmon and salad in a bowl with Asian sauces. I am trying to think what we would have here that is similar. Closest is a bento box 9
    An 18 piece selection of 4 bite size Salmon Tobiko, 9 pieces of Sashimi, 4 Nigiri pieces, 1 Inari accompanied by 2 freshly prepared traditional Japanese salads. Wasabi and Asian ginger)

mgzykcpdlm5u.jpg

@theslightedgeforever - How wonderful :) Graduating from medical school. How far away will she be in her new place from you guys? Are we talking hours of driving or is it flying

Today off to hearing as my hearing is severely altered since the fall. Just another fix up to do

Take care