IF fasting eating schedule...does it matter if meals don't get spaced out much?

Options
nocgirl72
nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
I have pretty much determined I have no self control lately and have been cheating and binging too much to keep this weight off unless I do IF. I am back on the 16:8. Today though I went 17 hrs since I got tied up at work. I am eating only between the hours of 12-7:30. Today I ate a late but healthy breakfast at 12:30pm. I have a 2 snacks to eat. I am going to have a high fiber protein shake here shortly then before I leave at 3:30 1/2 small avocado and cucumbers and hummus. Then I get my kids, go to the gym, I eat dinner around 6:15 or 6:30, then my dessert by 7:30.

Thoughts?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Whatever schedule works for you is fine. I mean, some people do great just eating one big meal a day, or two meals within a couple of hours.

Eating schedule is about what works best for you. The only problem would be if eating too much in a short period of time would cause you digestion issues or if you ended up consistently undereating because your appetite won't let you eat as much when your meals are closer together.
  • earlandrew48
    earlandrew48 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tried an IF window of 11am to 7pm for about 2 months. I found I was looking at the clock waiting for 11am. My best progress and dicipline came from eating my 8am breakfast. I don't eat after 7pm, and top out my calories at 1600 for the day. With 170 of it being protein (130 of it acheived through 3 chicken breast within the day). All of it is good. At the end of the day. Cut calories, get sufficient protein, and burn with weights and cardio. That's the simple science.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    It doesn’t matter other than your ability to get all your calories in if you have a small feeding window.

Yesterday was an anomaly for me with a 1 hour 4 minutes feeding window. Life sometimes gets in the way and little grandsons have an amazing ability to change my mindscape to them first and then me. Consequently, I was 481 calories short of my maintenance goal. A 30 minute run contributed to the shortage. I’ll play catch up today.

Again, it doesn’t matter.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Based on my personal experience as a binge-eater and a food addict who has felt really out of control and has used IF as a "solution," I want to state that IF does not seem to be a remedy for this. In fact, IF can make things worse, as it seems to suggest that binging is OK and having moments of starvation are also OK. If you are anything like me, with disordered eating and emotional issues around food (and I don 't know if you are), then I would reconsider IF, at least until you can get moderate and balanced in your relationship with food. IF is not a solution for disordered behavior or thinking around food.

Jenn