2019 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• phatandfly
    phatandfly Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! im new! And im starting off real slow and easy so i dont get discouraged! Cleaning up my eating and trying to do at least 35 minutes of work out a day and building up from there! Please add me! My goal is to lose 10 pounds! thats it! and then I plan on going from there. Baby stepsss!!!
  • ReginaBugg
    ReginaBugg Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all, my name is Regina and I’m new here! I’m a 19 year old college student and I’m very inexperienced when it comes to fitness and tracking my food/water intake, so I’ve been struggling a little. My goal is to drop twenty pounds healthily and get to 120lbs!
  • lynnjames2163
    lynnjames2163 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2019
    Hi my names Lynn, I’m on my 5 day and would like to lose 65lb. No time scale has I find this helps me. This time I’m going to take it one day at a time. I’m 56 years old
  • monkeechunkee
    monkeechunkee Posts: 1 Member
    Hello want to lose 60lbs lost 3so far!
  • justmesv
    justmesv Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, my name is SV and I'm getting back on track..again. Recovering from stress and autoimmune issues. I am looking for new buddies and have a lot of Keto tips in my toolbox and I am willing to share. Getting back to my 10k steps a day, continue eating clean and staying accountable. (it's been a little hard being off work) My goal is to get at least 50lbs off...Simple enough :)

• nwcoastdreamer
    nwcoastdreamer Posts: 2 Member
    Good afternoon, folks 

I'm a 29yo SAH mom. I have been overweight all my life, but I reached my heaviest after my pregnancy in 2014. I quit smoking and drinking, but food replaced those habits. I decided to start doing something about it on January 10th, 2019. Since then I have struggled to stay on track and stay consistent with healthier eating habits. 

My starting weight was 377lbs(171kg) @ 5'6"(167cm), my current weight is 355lbs(156kg) and my goal weight is somewhere below 130lbs(58kg). 

I'm looking for friends to encourage each other to stay on  track! Perhaps folks with more knowledge of macros, fasting can mentor me? Good luck on your journies, everyone!
  • jennyswatton84
    jennyswatton84 Posts: 5 Member
    hi just started on here today was using a different calorie counter at beginning of week so have added the information to food and exercise diary on here as seems easier to use.Seems i keep having to much sugar will have to stop a couple of my cups of tea .Am trying healthier eating my daughter has decided to become vegetarian so am eating less meat want something i can carry on even after i have lost the weight any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated. i am also trying to increase my water in take and exercise. i had a d.v.t which has left me with post thrombosis in my left leg so some exercises can be difficult but will keep trying .
    Good luck to everyone and hello.
  • marir60
    marir60 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello y'all, I realized last weekend that none of my summer clothes from last year fit me! That was the push to move me into the mind set of losing weight. I'm looking to go from 187 down to 140. At 59 years old I really don't want to be an overweight older woman :( This calorie counting looks promising, 4 days into it and so far so good. Good luck to all of you!
  • emeraldwoods4214
    emeraldwoods4214 Posts: 177 Member
    Hi!
    Trying to get back down to my college weight this year... 30 lbs to go. I could really use a buddy to keep me accountable.
    Please friend me if you are interested!
  • grawman67
    grawman67 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey Everyone!

I'm a young guy at 22 and have never really known much about exercise or fitness. I know the first step is cleaning up my diet. I'm currently around 224 lbs and want to drop down to around 175 or 180 as a starting goal.

Does anyone have any resources to suggest for learning how to clean up my diet cheaply? Particularly for getting more healthy veggies in?

I'm hoping to lose my chest fat and set up an exercise routine but making a routine is confusing to me.

Thanks!
  • sketch_0518
    sketch_0518 Posts: 7 Member
    Hey all. My name is Sean but my friends call me Sketch. I have some weight loss goals and some muscle definition goals.. definitely overweight but working with a couple of amazing coaches that are helping me with nutrition plan and how to balance lifting/cardio/food for optimal results, but hoping to find community here where people are going through some of the same struggles for some social interaction. I feel like such a tool in the gym and don't talk to anybody so could use some peeps to bounce ideas off of, etc. Thanks for being here, good luck to all in all your #swolegoals, hope to catch up.

/s
  • sarahboland197
    sarahboland197 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey I’m new to this app just need some motivation to keep going! 😊
  • awkwardcharlie13
    awkwardcharlie13 Posts: 1 Member
    Heyy I’m charlie :) I’m loving this website, it’s working well so far. I joined a couple days ago and I’m looking to lose at least 10kg <3 feel free to add me so we can motivate each other and good luck to everyone
  • ckmciver
    ckmciver Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I’m christine and I’m in shoulder PT post surgery and may have to have neck fusion/disc replacement this summer. I’m a former Olympic level athlete and having a hard time as I’m getting older and can’t move as much, losing weight and building muscle. Long term injuries and physical limitations are new to me, and chronic pain has messed with me for almost 2 years. Trying desperately to “fix” the neck through PT, and focusing on the rest of my health at the same time. I’ve been isolated and depressed for so long, it’s hard to get back into things and not make things worse. Hope to meet others on this journey. I’d like to lose about 20 while building muscle at the same time.
  • mrzlup7428
    mrzlup7428 Posts: 2 Member
    Good Morning to all.I have just joined to get my health and life on track. I know my pitfalls and food is like my favorite addiction. 30 pds overlimit and heart health a big issue. So maybe seeing it in black and white will help me keep on track to exercise and better eating . Good luck to me and all on this journey.
  • CeeCeeCarra
    CeeCeeCarra Posts: 9 Member
    Hi Everyone!

I joined yesterday. I’ve been trying to lose weight all year and so far nothing’s working for me. I’ve always been active, but had some things happen that caused me to not work out or take care of my self over the course of the past 7 years. Soooo, needless to say it’s caught up to me! AND it doesn’t help that I’m turning 50 and my metabolism, etc., is all changing. (Uh oh! Lol!) Anyway, I need to lose weight - per my doctor’s instruction - and I wish to lose around 40 lbs.

I just closed out Day 1 of the food diary and I was way off goal. BUT that’s okay! Using this app I can already instantly see where I can make some positive changes.

Fingers crossed!

Wishing everyone all they need to be happy, healthy and whole! (((Hugs)))

And a big Thank You to the developers, administrators, moderators, and others not named or who are behind the scenes, for this supportive community.
  • juliebayliss1618
    juliebayliss1618 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone, been using mfp this week for the first time, I need to lose a lot of weight but enjoy exercise and I am also interested in really good nutrition, not just cutting calories
  • IrishQueen1986
    IrishQueen1986 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, everyone looking to meet new ppl and help them and my self on this journey.
  • Monika5544
    Monika5544 Posts: 1 Member
    I typically yo-yo diet year after year. I gain a bunch of weight during the winter and try to lose it by summer. I slacked a bit this year so my goal is to lose about 20lbs and get back to 130 lbs by the time summer starts. I just got back into running and I’m trying to cut sugar and eat low carb.
This discussion has been closed.