What’s your age and do you like to text, why or why not ?

_DevinCianna_
_DevinCianna_ Posts: 50 Member
What’s your texting style for your age

Replies

• The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_
    The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_ Posts: 2,069 Member
    Huh? 🤨

I guess my texting style depends how much I enjoy talking to the person. I usually get bored with texting and don't have much to say. I can text my best friend all day long though and always have something to say to him. Then there's some people I'll take 5 days to reply to.
  • donaldmackay12
    donaldmackay12 Posts: 125 Member
    I find it is better than phone chat say what you want and leave it like that if you want
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Rarely text, family only.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 527 Member
    I text friends and family to give details on happenings, see if someone is available for a gab session, pass on data. I have my devices well trained to my voice, so I do a lot of voice to text... because I have fat fingers when it comes to device KBs! lol OH, and I'm 67.
  • _DevinCianna_
    _DevinCianna_ Posts: 50 Member
    I’m 33. My texting style. Well if you message me I’ll respond sometime between 4 hours and 5 days. If you call, I’ll pretend I changed my number.

Really ? You aren’t a phone type person lol in today’s world technology is taking over
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    I’m 33. My texting style. Well if you message me I’ll respond sometime between 4 hours and 5 days. If you call, I’ll pretend I changed my number.

What if the text was followed by a delivery of whoopie pies?

No one turns down whoopie pies.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member

Yes. I’m familiar with your texting style. 😡
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    55 and I prefer text or email to talking on the phone. I can respond at my convenience and communication is usually brief.

My 80 yr old father quite likes texting too, although brevity isn't his style.
  • CoffeeAndContour

I think you should try calling instead.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member

You changed your number again, didn’t you 😑 😆
  • CoffeeAndContour

You changed your number again, didn’t you 😑 😆

No, not this time.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    I like to talk about religion and politics with people on the phone who agree with all my views. We both commiserate emotionally about the state of the world and I like to hear the yelling and swearing and meltdowns. So it has to be a phone call. If it's just boring matter of fact stuff, texting is ok.
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    Love 2 text, hmu

Asl?
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    I stare at the incoming call