What's been your most motivating 3-6 month goal? Post C25k

Hwlf84
Hwlf84 Posts: 18 Member
I graduated from C25k a couple of days ago. I'm someone who really needs a clear goal and plan - I'm already feeling myself lose motivation to go on my next run and I am not great at just turning up at the gym so C25k worked brilliantly for me. I just wondered what others had found the most motivating goal (either people who did C25k or generally). I was wondering about a 10k, or maybe shooting for a 25m 5k (I'm currently hovering around 30min) or potentially something completely different. I just really need a 3-6 month goal!

Replies

• elisa80uf
    elisa80uf Posts: 1 Member
    I trained for my first half marathon last year. I started at the beginning of the year and trained all year. It kept me going for sure and I ran it in December.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    I definitely need a goal and a pre made plan for me to stick to fitness. The app Zombies, Run! has training plans for 5k expert (would increase your speed) 10k beginner, 10k intermediate, half marathon beginner, and Marathon Beginner.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Try bridge to 10k. Increasing your distance will help improve your 5k time. Sign up for a few events this summer and fall to help keep the interest level high.
  • Hwlf84
    Hwlf84 Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks everyone. I love the Zombie run plan - I think I’ll do one of those!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Hwlf84 wrote: »
    I graduated from C25k a couple of days ago. I'm someone who really needs a clear goal and plan - I'm already feeling myself lose motivation to go on my next run and I am not great at just turning up at the gym so C25k worked brilliantly for me. I just wondered what others had found the most motivating goal (either people who did C25k or generally). I was wondering about a 10k, or maybe shooting for a 25m 5k (I'm currently hovering around 30min) or potentially something completely different. I just really need a 3-6 month goal!

After I did C25K I signed up for a couple of 5K races which kept me motivated to keep running...I simultaneously did C210K which helped improve my 5K time and endurance.

I was never really high on running though...I basically liked the fact that it was highly portable and required very little in the way of equipment...but I never really enjoyed it. After doing some 5Ks and a couple 10Ks I agreed to sign up for a sprint triathlon with my mom. I never ended up doing the race due to an injury a couple of weeks before the race, but I did discover my love of cycling during that training and remain an avid cycling enthusiast and sometimes swimmer to this day some 6 years later. I haven't run in ages.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    I did a couple of 5ks after finishing C25k and saw my time improve quite a bit in a couple of months. At the same time, I followed a One Hour Runner plan to build my base. Then I began training for a half marathon. I did too much too soon and ended up injured, but as soon as I could run again, I started over and began training for another half. When I eventually finished my first half, I started thinking about a full marathon. A year after my half, I ran the full. In between races, I used the time to gradually increase my base until I was comfortable running about 35 mpw, so I could train at a higher level than novice. I figured if I was going to do a marathon, I was going to go into it well trained and not just drag myself across the finish line.