Looking for pals to help lose the baby weight!

2»

Replies

• EDTake2
    EDTake2 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all, please add me. I had a baby April 20th. I went from 186lb(pre pregnancy) to 240lb (before giving birth). I am now 218lb and need to lose all. I am breastfeeding and am very confused how to count calories.
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    nstumpf81 wrote: »
    Please add me as well - I had my daughter on 5/3, and weighed in at 183. Down to 166 but want to get back to pre-pregnancy weight of 134-139 range. (Was 155 when I got pregnant - extra 15 lbs was left from my now 4 year old!)
    I’m aiming for 10k steps a day and doing light arm weights, with calorie tracking / healthy choices to monitor / maintain breastfeeding. Once cleared to workout I will add in yoga or piyo.
    Let’s do this ladies!

You and I are very similar- had a baby at the end of March. Highest weight before delivery was about 190, currently hovering in mid-160s. Pre-pregnancy weight was about 155. I was also 135ish before I got pregnant with my first (now 6!!).
    I’ve been more or less cleared start exercising and I just started a easy program called Postnatal SlimDown. My current plan seems to be going well which is to take an intuitive eating approach, but tracking it, with a loose goal of staying at my TDEE plus 200-500 for breastfeeding. Mainly just trying to eat healthier rather than default to high calorie but low-nutrition foods.
  • bionicpuffy
    Y
    EDTake2 wrote: »
    Hi all, please add me. I had a baby April 20th. I went from 186lb(pre pregnancy) to 240lb (before giving birth). I am now 218lb and need to lose all. I am breastfeeding and am very confused how to count calories.

The calorie counting while BF is confusing! I agree! My plan is what I wrote above and I’ll tweak it as time goes on. I’m trying to not let the perfect be the enemy of the good!
  • heathermarsmith
    heathermarsmith Posts: 1 Member
    Hey, I would like to be added also! My daughter is nine months now, and I have 20 more pounds I’d like to lose before getting pregnant again. Breastmilk supply has been a concern, but she’s eating a lot of food now, so it’s time to cut the extra calories. I work full time, so my time at home is precious (and I’m always sleep deprived/exhausted), so I don’t go to the gym. I’d like to focus on improving my diet and calorie intake. I used My Fitness Pal before to lose 40 lbs, and know that if I stick with it it works!
    Heather
  • bionicpuffy
    Hey, I would like to be added also! My daughter is nine months now, and I have 20 more pounds I’d like to lose before getting pregnant again. Breastmilk supply has been a concern, but she’s eating a lot of food now, so it’s time to cut the extra calories. I work full time, so my time at home is precious (and I’m always sleep deprived/exhausted), so I don’t go to the gym. I’d like to focus on improving my diet and calorie intake. I used My Fitness Pal before to lose 40 lbs, and know that if I stick with it it works!
    Heather

@heathermarsmith - I hear you! I'm on week 3 of a program called the Postnatal SlimDown and I appreciate that the work outs are short (about 30 mins), can be streamed on my phone, the daily work outs change somewhat to avoid boredom, and the exercises address post-pregnancy issues specifically. I'm not affiliated or sponsored by them in any way, just a big fan! I was looking for a long time for something like it so it might be useful for you too. The app to download is called moms into fitness and I think the program costs like $13, and it includes a nutrition plan too (which I haven't used so can't comment on it).
  • rdkdm7
    rdkdm7 Posts: 34 Member
    Add me! We can be accountablity buddies.
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    You can add me. I just had my baby 2 weeks ago.
  • kirky2mfp
    kirky2mfp Posts: 20 Member
    Add me! I had my 2nd baby 14 months ago and still trying to lose the weight.

I was 140lb when I fell pregnant and I'm now 168lb!!
  • sarafit926
    sarafit926 Posts: 62 Member
    How's everyone doing this week?
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    I'm trying to lose pre-baby weight, does that count? Lol