Films that make grown men cry!

Replies

• h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Blood diamond, City of Angels, What Dreams May Come.. are just a few!

Seriously? What Dreams May Come? What a waste of 12 hours that was (seemed like 12 at least...)
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    I cried during Message In a Bottle I think. Some Kevin Costner movie that ended the way any romantic movie should.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Last movie I cried at Toy Story 3.

I'm a sucker for compassion, so any movie where I see people show compassion for each other gets me.
    This.

Plus that part where they just resign themselves to death. Bleh. Holding each others' hands ... sadness.

Also Grave of the Fireflies, of course. Lion King. The beginning of Up is hardcore, can't help but tear up to that. Adaptation, 'cos I'm really close to my brother. Might have gotten choked up watching the last Harry Potter, but that's built up a lot of investment over many years.

There are more, thankfully I can't remember them off-hand.
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    The time travelers wife got me recently. BAWLED!
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    i didnt cry in this movie but came so close.

"Dear John" w/tatum channing,in the very begining of the movie he does a voice over describing what he was thinking abt when he got shot at the end of that monolog he says..."i was thinking of you" as you watch the movie you assume he was talkig abt his girlfriend.

near the end of the movie his father is in the hospital dying and he pulls out this letter and begins to read it to his father as he is sitting there reading and crying you realize that its the same monolog he said at the begining of the movie but this time he tell his father ..."i was thinking of you".

if this scene was 10 sec longer i would have cried like a 2 yr old i shoud have cried but i held it in.,very touching moment in this movie.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Gone in 60 Seconds, they destroyed Eleanor.

:sad:
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Brian's Song........the original!!!

Old yeller
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    My girl

My Girl.....Oh my it made me sob!
  • Myslissa

Shhhh.... they really didnt she is still alive and well.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member

So did I!

I'm crying now even thinking about it. :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry:
  • Myslissa

So did I!

I'm crying now even thinking about it. :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry:

Stop she just ran away....she is not gone. It was an optical illusion.
  • Lsqueezy
    Lsqueezy Posts: 128
    I cry at every sad movie, Marley and Me...I was a wreck! Absolute wreck leaving that theater. If there weren't people around I would have seriously sobbed!
    As for making grown men cry, my father who is emotionally the strongest man I know, cries every time he sees Rudy! I mean serious sniffles and all! That movie is officially banned at my parents house along with It's a Wonderful Life. I remember coming home one day to my father crying and watching It's a Wonderful Life....I thought someone had died.
  • Bdmiller42
    Bdmiller42 Posts: 149
    Marley and me.A dog dying is the worst. Except in Cujo..he might have had it coming to him.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    not the whole movie, but in Blow, the part where George prepares his final words to his dad:

George: Hello Dad. You know I remember a lifetime ago, when I was about 3 1/2 feet tall, weighing all of 60 pounds, but every inch your son. I remember those Saturday mornings going to work with my dad, we'd climb into that big green truck. I thought that truck... was the biggest truck in the universe pop. I remember how important the job we did was, how if it wasn't for us, people would freeze to death. I thought you were the strongest man in the world. And remember those home videos when mom would dress up like Loretta Young, barbeques and football games, ice cream, playing with the Tuna. And when I left for California only to come home with the FBI chasing me, and that FBI agent Trout had to kneel down to put my boots on and you said, "That's where you belong you son of a *****, puttin on Georgie's boots." That was a good one pop, you remember that. And remember that time when you told me that money wasn't real. Well old man, I'm 42 years old, and I finally realize what you were trying to tell me, so many years ago. I finally understand. Your the best, pop, just wish I could have done more for you, wish we had more time. Anyway, may the wind always be at your back, and the sun always upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars. I love you Dad. Love George.

always gets me, lol

OMG, yes. I cried at this too.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hatchi a Dog's Tale, Old Yeller, Where the Red Ferns Grow - do you see a pattern?
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Note to self: NEVER EVER watch Marley & Me
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Oh yeah, and Marley and Me! LOL. But hatchi was the saddest ever.
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Marley & Me bothers me because i am experiencing that phase of life with my old girl right now.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Marley and me.A dog dying is the worst. Except in Cujo..he might have had it coming to him.

LOL! Yeah Cujo had it comin'
  • There have been quite a few threads about our favourite movies...but what about the Tearjerkers...what films actually made you cry?

I have to confess that any film with an animal in it that gets hurt or dies gets me every time..

Marley & Me
    The Incredible Journey
    Lassie
    Greyfriar's Bobby
    Bambi
    The Lion King

I also wept after Titanic and Bridges of Madison County.

What makes you reach for the tissues....that goes for all you tough guy's too!

I never watched any of those except for Titanic - but it was not to cry for..it was more for the "draw me scene" and the special effects at the time.

...and I do my crying in the rain... LOL
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Not a man, and it's certainly not rare for me to cry at a movie --- but Marley and Me was different. I didn't cry. I SOBBED uncontrollably and had to leave the theater for the last 15 minutes so I didn't ruin it for other people.

I didn't know what the movie was about when I went. My dog Freya, a Great Pyrenees, had just passed away a month ago. Worst part was, the friend who took me to see it was THERE when I got the news on Thanksgiving. I still give him a hard time about it.